2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Not being able to agree on prospects is the result of two things- they are either all good, or they are either all bad. These are not bar QB prospects. You have two Heisman winners who profile as potentially decent QBs, Rosen is an incredible prospect whose outspokenness is getting highlighted because of the kneeling controversy this past year. Darnold is still an absolutely top notch QB prospect. Allen had everything you want physically in a QB.

The idea that unless the guy is Andrew Luck you should pass doesn't make sense to me. Luck, by the way, has been completely underwhelming in his role as Top QB of the last decade. 

I never said that. Basically I just questioned the use of "elite" when compared to any of the QB prospects. My knock on Rosen has more to do with injury history and lack of mobility.

My issue is using an elite draft pick, top 5, on a non-elite player. Especially when, as you've pointed out, we're growing old and have lots of holes on the roster. IMO OG is definitely one of those holes.

3 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

Hey Keith Traylor and Sam Adams didn't die while playing here.

To be fair, both were likely way more athletic than Orlando Brown.  

He put up the slowest 40 time for an OL....ever.  Slowest 10-yard split, which is a better test.

Put up the lowest BP for an OL...ever.

Put up the 3rd-worst broad from an OL...ever.

Put up the worst vert at 19.5 inches....ever.

SPARQ is just a test, not the bible - but I've never seen a 0 SPARQ score...until now.  I mean, he got the same SPARQ score as a garden gnome.   O.o

Frankly, I get he's not athletic, but if it was going to be that bad...his agent should have told him to fake an injury.   Worst was the footage of coaches screaming at him for dogging it in drills (Matt Miller went overboard on him, especially since Miller had him as a 1st round pick in November, then suddenly got amnesia and said he's always had issues with him - what a ******.  But the flags are real for a team in altitude).  ARI and DEN are automatic DND's with him.

We can have big dudes play for us - if they are in some shape.  But we also likely put them in positions where they can sit when they need too. Pot Roast was the 3rd in that group.  But it's no coincidence they were on D - where we could rotate guys.  You don't rotate T's.  HUGE diff.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, both were likely way more athletic than Orlando Brown.  

He put up the slowest 40 time for an OL....ever.  Slowest 10-yard split, which is a better test.

Put up the lowest BP for an OL...ever.

Put up the 3rd-worst broad from an OL...ever.

Put up the worst vert at 19.5 inches....ever.

SPARQ is just a test, not the bible - but I've never seen a 0 SPARQ score...until now.  I mean, he got the same SPARQ score as a garden gnome.   O.o

Frankly, I get he's not athletic, but if it was going to be that bad...his agent should have told him to fake an injury.   Worst was the footage of coaches screaming at him for dogging it in drills (Matt Miller went overboard on him, especially since Miller had him as a 1st round pick in November, then suddenly got amnesia and said he's always had issues with him - what a ******.  But the flags are real for a team in altitude).  ARI and DEN are automatic DND's with him.

We can have big dudes play for us - if they are in some shape.  But we also likely put them in positions where they can sit when they need too. Pot Roast was the 3rd in that group.  But it's no coincidence they were on D - where we could rotate guys.  You don't rotate T's.  HUGE diff.

I've never been a fan of Brown. I don't think he's quick enough to succeed in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I've never been a fan of Brown. I don't think he's quick enough to succeed in the NFL.

I'm 48 years old...and I think I might be quicker and done better on the strength drills.   And I know I'm not ready to help anyone except to watch the NFL games lol.    Brown could still succeed somewhere in the NFL given his size and college experience, tape does matter - but not for teams that play in altitude.

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm 48 years old...and I think I might be quicker and done better on the strength drills.   And I know I'm not ready to help anyone except to watch the NFL games lol.    Brown could still succeed somewhere in the NFL given his size and college experience, tape does matter - but not for teams that play in altitude.

We know he struggles at times with college level speed. Big as he is, he's not that stout and can be bullrushed.

How do you think he'd fare against the Macks and Bosa's in the AFC West?

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

We know he struggles at times with college level speed. Big as he is, he's not that stout and can be bullrushed.

How do you think he'd fare against the Macks and Bosa's in the AFC West?

I think he'd be totally fine....

If he was facing John Bosa (age 54) or Sandy Mack (his dad).  :D

(I'm already on record as saying he's DND for us since pre-draft much like Zach Bannon last year, FWIW. I knew he'd test poorly at the Combine...but those are abysmal #'s across the board).

This is what I did in a mock where every team keeps their own free agents so far. And there is no cap.

Traded Talib and a 4th for Cousins

Traded Virgil Green for Julius Thomas 

1.5 Quenton Nelson

2.40 Tim Settle

3.71- Isaiah Oliver

3.82- Shaquem Griffin

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This is what I did in a mock where every team keeps their own free agents so far. And there is no cap.

1.5 Quenton Nelson

2.40 Tim Settle

3.71- Isaiah Oliver

3.82- Shaquem Griffin

No thx on Julius Thomas, that's dead $.  Otherwise, well done.   Love the Oliver pick and getting Nelson/Cousins is a dream scenario. Sadly, no chance of that in real life. 

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No thx on Julius Thomas, that's dead $.  Otherwise, well done.   Love the Oliver pick and getting Nelson/Cousins is a dream scenario. Sadly, no chance of that in real life. 

I only took JT cus there is no cap in this.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:13 PM, Broncofan said:

On 3/10/2018 at 7:03 PM, Counselor said:

1.5 Quenton Nelson

2.40 Tim Settle

3.71- Isaiah Oliver

3.82- Shaquem Griffin

Meh. Not a huge fan. Settle isn't my favorite prospect. I don't think Oliver will be there. And I see Denver going mainly offense, to be honest.

Also FWIW, Renck said to keep an eye on Michel and Royce Freeman for Denver.

6 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Meh. Not a huge fan. Settle isn't my favorite prospect. I don't think Oliver will be there. And I see Denver going mainly offense, to be honest.

Also FWIW, Renck said to keep an eye on Michel and Royce Freeman for Denver.

Michel over Settle I can get behind for sure.  My love of Michel is well known.  

Thing is, the above assumed Cousins, so not happening either way.  We've obviously got different priorities now.

I posted this in the Keenum thread but it affects our Rd 2 picks too so I’ll mention it here.  

The CLE pick of Hyde in FA almost certainly takes them out of the Barkley sweepstakes and locks them to QB at 1.1.

Three implications: 

1.  CLE could deal 1.4 to BUF.  That almost certainly means 3 QB go ahead of us.   For sure 2 would.   What NYG does becomes the key.   Barkley is the guy they could pass QB for (or a NYG trade down they need OL help and talent across the board like us).  

2.  CLE  could stand pat and take Minkah Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb. That would help a trade down scenario.   I suspect Barkley would not make it past IND at 1.3 

3.   CLE could extend Duke Johnson - then the final impact is they probably pass on RB for 2.1 and 2.4.   That would be great because 2.7 - 3.8 would almost certainly have a RB worth considering at either pick.   I don’t believe in taking RB Rd1 unless you are HoF level (CMC Fournette and MG3 aren’t guys I’d have taken Rd1).   But Sony Michel Nick Chubb Rashaad Penny there?  Absolutely.  

The draft order for top 5 once again just got a LOT more interesting.  But our 2.7 - 3.8 RB choices could increase with CLE’s decision especially if they extend Duke Johnson.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived