Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

It’s a shame that due to both parties a lot of fans are forever going to turn off baseball. I’ve loved this sport and went to my first games before a lot of you were born and I’m not sure I’ll turn it back on again right away or ever. In all this blustering from each side I’ve yet to see either side say anything about the fans except wondering if they’ll be able to get ticket and concession revenue from us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

It’s a shame that due to both parties a lot of fans are forever going to turn off baseball. I’ve loved this sport and went to my first games before a lot of you were born and I’m not sure I’ll turn it back on again right away or ever. In all this blustering from each side I’ve yet to see either side say anything about the fans except wondering if they’ll be able to get ticket and concession revenue from us.

My boys have grown up loving playing the game of baseball, but they don't give a rip about MLB.  For them it's how most people view golf.  A lot of fun to play, but why would I watch that on TV?  They've been more likely to sit down and watch a college game with me than watch a Reds game.  They'd much rather go to a Dragons game than a Reds game.  Better seats, more player interaction, cheaper prices, more of a family atmosphere, and I could probably come up with more if I thought longer.  MLB is in big trouble of losing the YouTube generation.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My boys have grown up loving playing the game of baseball, but they don't give a rip about MLB.  For them it's how most people view golf.  A lot of fun to play, but why would I watch that on TV?  They've been more likely to sit down and watch a college game with me than watch a Reds game.  They'd much rather go to a Dragons game than a Reds game.  Better seats, more player interaction, cheaper prices, more of a family atmosphere, and I could probably come up with more if I thought longer.  MLB is in big trouble of losing the YouTube generation.

As a Dodger fan I’m a season ticket holder to the DBacks AAA team and the USL team that plays in the same stadium. It’s the environment and feel for the game that made me fall in love with both sports.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Everybody dedicated enough to post on a baseball forum should see a MiLB game. They're so much fun. Everything you love about baseball is more intimate, and the annoyances of having to go to a MLB game not being there make a big difference.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Everybody dedicated enough to post on a baseball forum should see a MiLB game. They're so much fun. Everything you love about baseball is more intimate, and the annoyances of having to go to a MLB game not being there make a big difference.

I haven't been to a ton of Milb or MLB stadiums, but I've been to a few of each. What exactly is the annoyance of going to an MLB game opposed to an Milb game? I've been to Angels stadium more times than I can count, and I've been to the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes games around the same amount of times, only thing I can think of that's better is slightly better parking, and less of a crowd, I don't really see those as big things, though. Less of a crowd is honestly kind of a downside for me.

USA Today's Bob Nightengale writes that MLB commissioner Rob Manfred "may have no choice but to implement" a regular-season schedule of around 50 games.

Nightengale, citing three Major League Baseball executives, says this could happen "within a week" if the owners and players are unable to reach agreement for a longer season. The union rejected MLB's latest proposal for a 76-game season at 75 percent prorated pay and countered with an 89-game campaign that would include full prorated salary shares. The owners are expected to "swiftly reject" that idea, per Nightengale, and it doesn't seem like there is much willingness to budge on either side. It's about a $900 million gap, all told. "If we don’t get an agreement real soon, this is going to be ugly," one high-ranking executive told Nightengale. "Real ugly. And it’s just going to get worse."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2020/06/09/mlb-rob-manfred-shortened-baseball-season-no-agreement-players/5331170002/

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I may have found the problem...

:D