Running Back University

beekay414

Wow you guys are taking it back to OJ and Earl Campbell??   I'd much rather hear this conversation geared toward recent times like the last 10-20 years or so instead of stretching the timeline decades ago to make narratives fit.  

Edited by thrILL!

On 4/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, Tetsujin said:

U of Wis = "Running Game University"

This. Combination of coaching, OL play and RB play. Wisconsin has had the best running game of the past 5, 10, 20 years (...just a guess) but right off the bat Bama has had better RB talent in the Saban era. No surprise when there's multiple 5/4 star backs coming in every class.

Penn State isn't there yet, but they're starting to become a real big RB pipeline for the pros IMO. Ever since Barkley.

Barkley, Sanders, next year Journey Brown will be taken in the first couple of rounds IMO. Then after that I'd be looking at Noah Cain who reminds me of Ezekiel Elliot.

7 hours ago, Lefty said:

If we’re going strictly recent history then Bama & UGA are in the convo

Moreno, Marshall, Gurley, Chubb, Michel, Holyfield, Swift for UGA

Not really sure I'd put some of those names on the list for "RBU" for UGA, and I'm a fan.  It's definitely been very recent that we've been producing top-tier backs again, leading with Gurley, then Chubb and Michel and now Swift.  We have some 4* and 5* recruits behind Swift who could make an impact over the next year or so and put their names up there. 

On 4/23/2020 at 4:06 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I did have Wisconsin in my head when reading the title. So I agree.

I know Georgia like to call themselves running back U though....

Walker, Gurley, Chubb, Moreno, Michel, Davis

But yeah, Badgers

If you are going to go back as far as Davis for this discussion, you can't forget Garrison Hearst either.  

But between Davis and Gurley, sans Moreno, we had some not good guys graduate to the NFL

Yall are nuts... its clearly Syracuse

Jim Brown- Greatest RB of all time. Hall of fame

Ernie Davis- Heismam winner would have gone down as one of all time great if he didnt pass away before stepping on field

Floyd Little- Hall of fame

Larry Czonka- Hall of fame... superbowl winner... member of the only undeafted team

Joe Morris- Helped lead Giants to a Superbowl victory

Jim Nance- AFL MVP