2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Obviously WR was the only position of need for this team. Good to know!

Well, it was unquestionably the BIGGEST. Area of need.  Now, if we pick 8 more receivers......😜

Shurmer uses 3wr.  You need a 3rd WR.  it’s essentially a starter in this offense.  We were all thrilled with what Ruggs would do to dictate defenses with his speed.  Not a lot of other WR that can do that. Hamler absolutely the 2nd best option after Ruggs from a speed perspective.  This is going to be one heck of a fun offense to watch. 

Interesting side note: Denver has now had five 1st and 2nd round picks in the Fangio era. None of them have been defensive players. 

Second side note: Denver had one of the worst lines I’ve ever seen on tape last year. I hope Elway doesn’t actually believe that signing Glasgow and getting James healthy is going to magically fix that. If we don’t come out of this draft with at least a quality starting center, I’m going to be pissed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It still addressed a need imo. We had 2 NFL wide receivers and one was a rookie. We need to be able to score points  

For sure.  Denver needed 2 out of this draft.  Just after Jeudy it wasn’t as pressing as OL or CB.

5 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

As long as we pick a Center tonight, I'll be ok with this pick. Doesn't matter if Lock has all the talent in the world to throw to if he can't get the ball out without getting plowed like a girl on prom night.

While I like all 3 C that should go tonight, if we don’t take one that tells me they’re comfortable with Patrick Morris who I am pretty high on

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Johnson is a classic bears CB. Great fit

The more I think on it, I think he was probably the best fit for a Fangio scheme.  I've been tossing it back and forth between him, Fulton & Diggs.   

Definitely think Elway should think about moving up to get 1 of the 2 CB's, or Cleveland/Jones if they fall a little further.