2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

While I still have some issues with the Rd2-3-4 sequence (except for Cushenberry) - no objections at all to Strnad/Muti.   Turn a weakness (OL) into a strength, keep hammering.  And Strnad might not work out - but the speed-based, cover-ready ILB is exactly what we need in today's NFL.   

We're now in MAJOR risk / no-guarantee territory, lottery-ticket time.  So might as well swing for the fences.  No objections at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

@AKRNA will enjoy watching this guy. He’s trying to bury defenders on every single play. 

I do enjoy watching him! Not one significant weakness to his game.  He's really got it all. Very complete OG. Lateral mobility, quickness, power, good hands and  a very nasty mauler. That's really rare to find all those traits in one guy.

If he can get and stay healthy he's the steal of the draft. I really love that pick!

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

At the very least, we’ve gotta be thinking he can be our swing tackle while he starts inside.

Actually I think James will end up being a backup OT along with Schlottman. Bolles and Risner the starters.

We're stuck with paying James, not with starting him.

23 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Actually I think James will end up being a backup OT along with Schlottman. Bolles and Risner the starters.

We're stuck with paying James, not with starting him.

If James is healthy, he’s still very much one of our 5 best linemen, and needs to play. But quality depth is a must behind him.

28 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If James is healthy, he’s still very much one of our 5 best linemen, and needs to play. But quality depth is a must behind him.

1st OL: Bolles-Risner-Cushenberry-Glasgow-James

2nd OL: Wilkinson-Muti-Morris-Schlottman-Rodgers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I'll get back to you on that. Right now the sun is shining, no clouds after 10 days of 38 degree rain.

I got stuff to do!

• Like 1