2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Prince would be a nice pick in R5, but he isn't as good as some made him out in pre-draft process IMO. I honestly would rather double dip at CB and get Hall. 

He is pretty soft in run blocking and a lot of technical issues, but his physical profile is worth a pick at 178 without doubt. Just think Hall is a better player. 

I am hoping for Bryce Hall and Prince at 178 / 181. Not likely to happen though. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

37 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Raiders are doing the same thing Denver is.  Added Ruggs, Bowden, and Edwards to go with Jacobs, Tyrell Williams, and Waller.....

Trying to beat the Chiefs.

FWIW, they see using Bowden as both a RB and a WR.   That was part of the appeal - dude's a major threat in different ways.  Would have addressed our RB pass catching weapon hole that will be there when MG3 is out (or gone later).   IRL, it's a strong move - fantasy-wise, puts the brakes on the 3-down role ppl hoped for Jacobs.   Tyrell is back to being what he should be - a decent #3 WR that teams have to account for.   The biggest X factor of course is Derek Carr - they've given him weapons to become a vertical O - but he's been Mr. Checkdown for almost 3+ years now.   Hard to know if he can change his stripes.

Am I crazy to think if Fromm is there at the end of the 5th that we should take him? He would be great for the QB room with his smarts and work ethic. I wasn’t overly impressed with Rypien during preseason last year. Definitely BPA too

• Like 1

Considering nickel corner is essentially a starter at this point, is it now safe to assume that we're going to be signing Prince Amukamura? Can't imagine Ojemudia is ready to start, nor do I trust Bausby or Yiadom. Even if we nab Bryce Hall in Rd. 5, he's not starter ready either. 

Am I crazy to think if Fromm is there at the end of the 5th that we should take him? He would be great for the QB room with his smarts and work ethic. I wasn’t overly impressed with Rypien during preseason last year. Definitely BPA too

You want a backup QB that has a similar profile to the starter, Fromm isn't mobile enough and his arm likely not strong enough to fit that role IMO. 

40 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think more for Shurmer. Elways tired of dickin' around with the O and decided to give Shurmer every last piece he needs. 

As far as weapons in your lifetime, bud it's the most we've had in mine. Now that is scary.

And the line still being addressed is refreshing. Because the line killed us against Seattle in the Superbowl in my opinion. Seattle's d stiffed our wrs at the line and smothered our ground game.

6 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Considering nickel corner is essentially a starter at this point, is it now safe to assume that we're going to be signing Prince Amukamura? Can't imagine Ojemudia is ready to start, nor do I trust Bausby or Yiadom. Even if we nab Bryce Hall in Rd. 5, he's not starter ready either. 

Seems like it’s a natural fit.  Kept in mind Callahan is best in the slot.  So getting a guy who can play boundary in Fangio’s scheme is a priority.  And it should be cheap, given the market and the mutual familiarity.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

You want a backup QB that has a similar profile to the starter, Fromm isn't mobile enough and his arm likely not strong enough to fit that role IMO. 

Fromm has awesome leadership skills and has played in big games and more than less played well in them. Him as a backup or Plan B if Lock doesn't really pan out isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1

We will see if Elway moves up, but late round picks are more valuable this year than in years past.  Teams weren’t able to dig into prospects as usual and one of the biggest concerns with the virtual draft is UDFA.  UDFA is reportedly chaos in a normal year.  These late round picks will allow you to target guys you really don’t want to be competing on.

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Yeah I think the new QB that we will add with be Steven Montez, either with one of those 7ths or in UDFA.