Raiders and Jaguars working on trade for Ngakoue

Jerry

Im sure there will be 5 other rumors to come out tonight/tomorrow. This one makes little sense and if it does happen, im blaming Gruden 100%. 

I mean i do think getting another edge is an underrated need of ours but it'd be a bad look when you traded Mack two years ago just to trade one of the picks we received for Mack on Ngakoue, who isn't in Macks league as an overall player. Then giving him Mack money...yea bad look.

If we could give up one third and maybe Gabe Jackson maybe

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Im sure there will be 5 other rumors to come out tonight/tomorrow. This one makes little sense and if it does happen, im blaming Gruden 100%. 

I mean i do think getting another edge is an underrated need of ours but it'd be a bad look when you traded Mack two years ago just to trade one of the picks we received for Mack on Ngakoue, who isn't in Macks league as an overall player. Then giving him Mack money...yea bad look.

If we could give up one third and maybe Gabe Jackson maybe

Yep if we trade for Yannick it has Gruden written all over it. “Give me my vet, I want to win now!!!”. I love Gruden as a coach but he needs to just tel Mayock which guys fit his offense and let Mike handle business. 

Kinda hard to believe. I can't figure out how they'd use the DEs in a rotation with this addition. If they do it, it probably means they're already giving up on Ferrell. But Ngakoue doesn't fit as a 3 down DE for us. Very confusing.

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep if we trade for Yannick it has Gruden written all over it. “Give me my vet, I want to win now!!!”. I love Gruden as a coach but he needs to just tel Mayock which guys fit his offense and let Mike handle business. 

Ngakoue just turned 25 so he wouldn't just be a short term fix (only 2 years older than Ferrell and Crosby). The fit is weird though, he's nothing like what Guenther and Marinelli have worked with at DEs. Is he better than any EDGE in this class? Yes, definitely.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Ngakoue just turned 25 so he wouldn't just be a short term fix (only 2 years older than Ferrell and Crosby). The fit is weird though, he's nothing like what Guenther and Marinelli have worked with at DEs. Is he better than any EDGE in this class? Yes, definitely.

1) Why trade for an EDGE when Crosby was a Top 3 Defensive Rookie of the Year and we used Pick #4 on Ferrell?

2) Why would we pay Yannick when the whole point of getting rid of Mack was to avoid paying him? Makes zero sense. 

Edited by BayRaider