Valhalla Mock Draft: 49ers on the Clock (#31)

swede700

With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...

• CB Noah Igbinoghene (Auburn)
    • LB Malik Harrison (Ohio St)
    • DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
    • OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
    • OG Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    • CB Trevon Diggs (Alabama)
    • CB Damon Arnette (Ohio St)
    • DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M)
    • C/OG Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
    • S Grant Delpit (LSU)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I went with Epenesa, I'm not sure what to think of a BB and Love pairing. In reality I don't see Love being available at 23.

I don't think BB is someone who is gonna sit through developing a QB.  Just a hunch on this one.

I agree with the others that Bill will pass on drafting Love.  The Patriots need a QB who can start this year...Love ain't that guy.  I had to make him an option because I know people will vote for him, but I don't see him going here.

My guess is that the Patriots will probably end up with Scam Newton for 2020 and they probably won't draft a QB in the first, but it just makes sense to get one sooner rather than later.  I went with Love even though I doubt it's what BB will end up doing.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

My guess is that the Patriots will probably end up with Scam Newton for 2020 and they probably won't draft a QB in the first, but it just makes sense to get one sooner rather than later.  I went with Love even though I doubt it's what BB will end up doing.

Cam Newton being in NE would be a match made in hell.  Newton isn't anywhere near disciplined enough to be able to live under Bill.  Cam will end up in LA with the Chargers.  

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Cam Newton being in NE would be a match made in hell.  Newton isn't anywhere near disciplined enough to be able to live under Bill.  Cam will end up in LA with the Chargers.  

You're probably right but the Patriots don't have too many choices left this late in the game.  I was thinking Newton would be a better choice than a guy like Jameis Winston.  It's hard to know what they are thinking unless one of their backups suddenly became very good in the offseason.