Valhalla Mock Draft: 49ers on the Clock (#31)

swede700

With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...

• CB Noah Igbinoghene (Auburn)
    • LB Malik Harrison (Ohio St)
    • DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
    • OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
    • OG Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    • CB Trevon Diggs (Alabama)
    • CB Damon Arnette (Ohio St)
    • DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M)
    • C/OG Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
    • S Grant Delpit (LSU)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

1 hour ago, HeydudemanG said:

Mims is going to bust. With his speed and size he should dominate but he doesn't. You cant change who a person is. You can coach technique but if that player doesn't impose his will against college kids he won't in the NFL.

He had a 42.3% college dominator share. That is good for 87th percentile of all receivers; and that’s with only allowing to run 3 routes at Baylor. 

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

He had a 42.3% college dominator share. That is good for 87th percentile of all receivers; and that’s with only allowing to run 3 routes at Baylor. 

Another way to look at that, he ONLY ran three routes at Baylor. He’s going to have quite a bit of work to do to get up to NFL caliber in that area. 

cant say I’m on-board the Mims train, but that might not be fair to him given I’m off the WR in round one train altogether, barring the top three being available. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Do you know the quarterbacks he played with at Baylor?  Kid is a stud with an outstanding catch radius and big time upside and speed/size.  Sure he could bust, so could any receiver in the draft arguably.  Mims was never around much talent on Baylor but had a 1000 yard season as a SOPH and as a SR and had a pretty decent JR season.  This year he absolutely dominated the competition in a few games he played in, he showed up against big competition as well.  

SkinnySpryAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

FamousTerrificBrownbear-size_restricted.

There's a reason hes not projected on the 1st round. He's no Randy Moss is all I'm saying. I would love him in the second. Not a first round guy for me.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Seahawks are kind of a wildcard team in the draft. I went with Okwara.

They certainly are a wildcard, you never know who they're going to draft.  It's why I understand why @SemperFeist went with Wilson.  He didn't make the poll though because the Draft Network had him as the #113 player, even behind other OTs as Niang, Wanagho, Bartch, Peart, Cleveland and Charles.