Valhalla Mock Draft: 49ers on the Clock (#31)

swede700

With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...

• CB Noah Igbinoghene (Auburn)
    • LB Malik Harrison (Ohio St)
    • DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
    • OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
    • OG Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    • CB Trevon Diggs (Alabama)
    • CB Damon Arnette (Ohio St)
    • DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M)
    • C/OG Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
    • S Grant Delpit (LSU)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

Eagles fans would flip if they saw that we thought they would pick Justin Jefferson in the first. I don't understand why we would put the effort into picking for each team like this if we're picking players these teams wouldn't actually pick. They drafted a receiver high and eagles fans are disgusted with us right now for our ignorance.

I went with Diggs because I didn't want to punish him just because his brother turned out to be a diva.  I have no idea whether he or Gladney is the better player.  The way the board has fallen in this mock, I decided to go with the best CB available.  Blacklock and Gross Matos were both tempting, but they seem like more of a reach at #22.  What do I know though?  I have never seen any of these players take a single snap since I don't watch college football. 

43 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Epenesa seems like BPA and position of need.

Someone told me he wasn't a fit for Zimmer's defense. I really like the guy and he completely dominated again Minnesota this past year. I hope they see him as a fit and he makes an impact if we draft him.

Edited by TENINCH

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

No OL options?

You can use other, but I just don't see, based upon what is available, especially because I'm using the draftnetwork rankings, that an OL would be selected here.  With Josh Jones gone, there is a big drop-off in talent. I'll try to put a couple in for the #25 selection, but the value just isn't there right now.