1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers may not want to come back when he see how gutted this team is.    Disagree on Love's experience.   He needs real game experience, not snaps 3 months apart.  Its going to take a lot of time for him once he gets the job.   I think he has the tools, but theres a lot to learn from  real game experience.    

Rodgers won't be able to join a team that has a better supporting cast than GB next year (or going forward).

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers won't be able to join a team that has a better supporting cast than GB next year (or going forward).

I think in Rodgers mind the cast doesn’t matter as long as he is there.  Denver is amassing a ton of draft capital AND Rodgers fiancé is from Denver so I think they are the most likely destination (plus Denver doesn’t come to Lambeau until 2027).

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I think in Rodgers mind the cast doesn’t matter as long as he is there.  Denver is amassing a ton of draft capital AND Rodgers fiancé is from Denver so I think they are the most likely destination (plus Denver doesn’t come to Lambeau until 2027).

I agree with everything you said here. I'm totally fine trading him to Denver.

• Like 3

Yah know?  I could root for Rodgers in Denver if the return was good enough for the Packers.

Still, I'd rather roll with #12 in GB.  We can win more with less as long as he's on the team.

• Like 1

Everything is good in Denver except the system I believe.

Matt brings a nice QB friendly system with mix of plays all around. If you want to win in Denver Rodgers needs go hero ball unless Denver can field a shutdown defense(which ofcourse they are capable of)

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers may not want to come back when he see how gutted this team is.    Disagree on Love's experience.   He needs real game experience, not snaps 3 months apart.  Its going to take a lot of time for him once he gets the job.   I think he has the tools, but theres a lot to learn from  real game experience.    

You are arguing against a point I never made.

OF COURSE Love needs game experience. I never said he didn't. What I did say was that he can still be getting better when he isn't starting. He will already have a much better mastery of the playbook than when he first joined, for example. Starting experience really accelerates the learning curve, but it isn't the only way to learn. The passage of time, observation and teaching, also play their part.

How much time it takes him to improve once he is a starter is a non-sequitur question. How much time is 'a lot' ? How much improvement does it take for him to get as good as you want him to be ?  Maybe it will only take a handful of games to be as good as you hope as a starter, because he's a fast learner, maybe it will take years, or very possibly he never becomes an upper tier starting QB.

If you begin with one preconceived idea of what you want to happen, the danger is that you then pick your description and wording to fit that idea, instead of looking at the other possible outcomes.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

On 11/19/2021 at 7:47 AM, spilltray said:

Also, we KNOW Love has arm talent, but showing pocket presence on the field was the most important thing we needed to see. It gives me hope that with reps he will get better.

How can you know this?   He hasn't shown much arm talent in his time in GB in the games both preseason and reg season.  He hasnt shown either accuracy or strength, looking more like a JAG in this dept.  Now admittedly we dont have a lot of data points yet

Maybe you have been to practices?   Seen something there that leads to a better opinion?

31 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

How can you know this?   He hasn't shown much arm talent in his time in GB in the games both preseason and reg season.  He hasnt shown either accuracy or strength, looking more like a JAG in this dept.  Now admittedly we dont have a lot of data points yet

Maybe you have been to practices?   Seen something there that leads to a better opinion?

The ball can come out of his throwing motion so quickly and effortlessly that it will stun you.

It may not look like a strong throw on film during the game.  But I assure you, the arm strength is there.

I don't think he's really cut one loose yet.  And his passes look soft because they were a second or two late on the routes being run.

I'm going to agree with you that in his very limited time, no elite talent has jumped off of the screen.

He showed good pocket awareness and I dare say, good footwork and elusiveness.

Both are traits you could get from an UDFA.

There's more there than what he's showed so far.

2 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Everything is good in Denver except the system I believe.

Matt brings a nice QB friendly system with mix of plays all around. If you want to win in Denver Rodgers needs go hero ball unless Denver can field a shutdown defense(which ofcourse they are capable of)

Denver is likely going to fire their coach- I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC.

4 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

And I think that's a LARGE reason why people believe Denver is the most likely destination IF Green Bay opts to trade Rodgers this offseason.