1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Spags isn't bringing that kind of heat with #12 under center.  

Rodgers would have checked to blitz beaters and shredded them.

Love didn't have the experience to be able to do that.

And that isn't saying that he won't have it in the future.

It is saying that #12 controls the game from under center.

Love is simply running plays called.  There is a huge difference.

And that is why #4 and #12 have completely spoiled me.  I've come to expect that from the QB, and that simply is not the "norm" especially with a young QB.

• Like 3

Just now, vegas492 said:

Spags isn't bringing that kind of heat with #12 under center. 

True. Tampa, LAC and SF have done it with less.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Rodgers would have checked to blitz beaters and shredded them.

Maybe. He didnt do it against TPA, LAC or SF.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Love didn't have the experience to be able to do that.

True. Experienced QBs often dont have the wherewithal to defeat such pass rushes.
Hence - again - IMO - determinations on what Love brings to the table after that one game aren't possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You and I have been polar opposites on this since the draft pick was made. One of us will be really wrong or right in about 2 years lol. 

One of us realizes when the end of the road is near and the other wants to completely mortgage the future to a diva to make sure it's not a dead end. 

You don't move on from a QB playing as well as Aaron is, period. Love was drafted to replace the QB who started the two years prior to his selection, not the QB we have now. There's no reason Rodgers can't play into his 40s, he's had no major operations like Manning and his neck or Brees and the labrum/rotator cuff.

I'm someone who is on board with the Love pick, even if he never plays for us, for the very same reason I want Rodgers to stay. Need an elite QB to win. Rodgers was far from it, but LaFleur saved him, no sense getting rid of a sure thing for an unknown.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't move on from a QB playing as well as Aaron is, period. Love was drafted to replace the QB who started the two years prior to his selection, not the QB we have now. There's no reason Rodgers can't play into his 40s, he's had no major operations like Manning and his neck or Brees and the labrum/rotator cuff.

I'm someone who is on board with the Love pick, even if he never plays for us, for the very same reason I want Rodgers to stay. Need an elite QB to win. Rodgers was far from it, but LaFleur saved him, no sense getting rid of a sure thing for an unknown.

No you don’t need an elite QB to win.

You need a QB at or below his exact value capable of putting 3 or 4 good games together in a row with a defense that is capable of (and does) play like a top 5 scoring defense in the NFL and a good head coach.

That’s it. That’s literally all you need.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with this. 

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No you don’t need an elite QB to win.

You need a QB at or below his exact value capable of putting 3 or 4 good games together in a row with a defense that is capable of (and does) play like a top 5 scoring defense in the NFL and a good head coach.

That’s it. That’s literally all you need.

ESPN legit needs to hire you