1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, Joe said:

On a team in rebuild mode. I'll give you RG with Newman compared to that of Jason Spitz(both rookies), but it's apples to oranges compared to where the current team stands. Also, Rodgers got hurt that season FWIW.

You missed the point. Rodgers wasn't even remotely ready year 2. I don't care about the structure of the team because...guess what...when Love takes over, it'll be rebuild/retool mode.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

You missed the point. Rodgers wasn't even remotely ready year 2. I don't care about the structure of the team because...guess what...when Love takes over, it'll be rebuild/retool mode.

No, your bias is showing and it's ok to admit that you want Rodgers gone due to all the negative press and diva attitude; I certainly won't hold that against you in all honesty and I truly get it because it annoys me as well. You can't ignore that Rodgers did a lot more with less and was asked to do a lot more within MM's offense as well. He may not have gotten the full game like Love did, but in what little time he got he showed he belonged. Plus, unlike Love, he never got the bulk of TC and practice to work with the 1's.

If Love were to take over next year, I certainly don't disagree with you on the rebuild mode there but would say that there's a helluva lot more in the cupboard even without Adams compared to what Rodgers inherited especially given how MLF's offense operates compared to that of MM's as well  as how RB's are traditionally used. Hypothetically, if Love were to take over from now to the end of the season, he would have a superior OL(provided Bakh is present), a better RB unit as a whole, a much better WR corps, and a helluva lot better of a defense despite no Charles Woodson.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

No, your bias is showing and it's ok to admit that you want Rodgers gone due to all the negative press and diva attitude; I certainly won't hold that against you in all honesty and I truly get it because it annoys me as well. You can't ignore that Rodgers did a lot more with less and was asked to do a lot more within MM's offense as well. He may not have gotten the full game like Love did, but in what little time he got he showed he belonged. Plus, unlike Love, he never got the bulk of TC and practice to work with the 1's.

What are you talking about? The Cowboys game was year 3 for Rodgers. I literally said "now do year 2 Rodgers." Follow along. That team he filled in for also went 13-3 and to the NFC Title game.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

If Love were to take over next year, I certainly don't disagree with you on the rebuild mode there but would say that there's a helluva lot more in the cupboard even without Adams compared to what Rodgers inherited especially given how MLF's offense operates compared to that of MM's as well  as how RB's are traditionally used. Hypothetically, if Love were to take over from now to the end of the season, he would have a superior OL(provided Bakh is present), a better RB unit as a whole, a much better WR corps, and a helluva lot better of a defense despite no Charles Woodson.

Rodgers inherited a team that went to the NFC Championship Game lol and he won a title with the base of that squad. What are you talking about?

Rodgers WRs were Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones and Jordy Nelson his first season. In what world is Love inheriting a better WR core? The OL Rodgers inherited wasn't something that was terrible either. He had Clifton, Tauscher, Wells, Colledge and Spitz. Not exactly the David Carr Houston Texans OL. Rodgers defense also had Jolly, Pickett, Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, Woodson, Harris and Collins. 

You're acting like Aaron inherited the Detroit Lions lol.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’d rather rebuild/retool with Love than deal with another melodramatic season with 12. Even if we win the SB this season. 

Not me.  There is no guarantee Love is going to be any good.  Can't just assume he'll be the next great QB in GB.  Be careful what you wish for.  The Packers are going to suck without Rodgers.  For sure next season and if Love doesn't pan out it could be a long long time before we return to relevance.  I hope they can work something out to keep Rodgers for another couple of seasons. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not me.  There is no guarantee Love is going to be any good.  Can't just assume he'll be the next great QB in GB.  Be careful what you wish for.  The Packers are going to suck without Rodgers.  For sure next season and if Love doesn't pan out it could be a long long time before we return to relevance.  I hope they can work something out to keep Rodgers for another couple of seasons. 

I survived the 80’s which is exactly why I understand that the long term is more important than the short one so bridging the gap is essential. Maybe Love is the guy; maybe he isn’t. 12 played awesome last year but he’s also looked very human too often this season. And I hope he plays out of mind but I’m sick of his antics. It ain’t worth it. I’m not sure how anyone is even enjoying this season.  It’s just gonna be a bad memory after we get bounced in January. 

• Like 3

I'm not a "be careful what you wish for" person because I ******* want years of mediocre QB play so you stooges come back down to reality. I've said it numerous times that we've been spoiled and the last gameday thread proves that. Love looked like literally every QB in their first career start but it wasn't good enough for the majority lol. 

I'm here for the age where the Bucks rule Wisconsin and the Packers go back to being the pain in the *** team. Y'all deserve it.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Agree, hope they can work something out.  Although, if the team is gutted, I dont know how interested he'll be in staying.

I was kinda hoping to move on from Rodgers this year. I'm in this for the entertainment factor. There's not much interesting at all this regular season. Obviously we were going to win the division and make the playoffs with Rodgers and then things will be interesting for a week or two probably. A couple of draft picks and a guy like Bridgewater or Carr would have made for 4 months of what's gonna happen interest from me. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe said:

You could argue that Rodgers had the better defense then this years team. Rodgers certainly had the better WR corps.

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I survived the 80’s which is exactly why I understand that the long term is more important than the short one so bridging the gap is essential. Maybe Love is the guy; maybe he isn’t. 12 played awesome last year but he’s also looked very human too often this season. And I hope he plays out of mind but I’m sick of his antics. It ain’t worth it. I’m not sure how anyone is even enjoying this season.  It’s just gonna be a bad memory after we get bounced in January. 

huh?  I've enjoyed the hell out of this season.  Rodgers hasn't slipped from what I can tell.  As far as antics I was really pissed during and well after the draft.  His issues with the team were reasonable.  They could treat exiting veterans with a little more respect.  He also deserves a seat at the table.  He's earned it.  Covid he tried to avoid controversy got sick and it blew up on him.  Don't really care it's more of a media feeding frenzy around a highly politicized topic that shouldn't be. 

Have been a fan since 1972.  6 years old Dan Devine was head coach.  Over 20 years of suckage.  The Packers have had one hell of a run since.  Enjoy it for all good things come to an end.  As long as Rodgers as at the helm we won't suck.  If Love starts next year with heavy roster turnover it won't be a fun season.  5-12 maybe 6-11.  Yah that's what we'll be looking at.  If the kid has the goods maybe we can become a playoff team in a year or two.  If he doesn't we'll be just another sucky team in search of a franchise QB.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joe said:

If Love were to take over next year, I certainly don't disagree with you on the rebuild mode there but would say that there's a helluva lot more in the cupboard even without Adams compared to what Rodgers inherited especially given how MLF's offense operates compared to that of MM's as well as how RB's are traditionally used. Hypothetically, if Love were to take over from now to the end of the season, he would have a superior OL(provided Bakh is present), a better RB unit as a whole, a much better WR corps, and a helluva lot better of a defense despite no Charles Woodson.

This is a really, really weird take on the team Rodgers stepped into.  Other than the RB's, virtually everything you are saying is wrong IMO.  The idea that Love would inherit a "much better" WR corps is especially odd.   

Saying the MLF offense is an advantage vs the MM system is also patently wrong.  That may be true today, but it wasn't in 2008.  The league didn't figure out how to slow down the Rodgers/MM offense until ~2012. Rodgers first season as a starter produced two separate WR's (Jennings,Driver) with 70+ rec and 1000+ yards, as well as a RB (Grant) with 1200+ rushing yards.  Even with Adams, the current WR group doesn't begin to stack up.  If Adams is gone next season (which I don't expect) the Packers WR group will be firmly in the conversation for weakest group of WR's in the league.

The 2007 Packers defense came in at #11 in yards/gm and #6 in points.  I love what the current GB defense is doing, but this defense is not "a helluva lot better" than what Rodgers inherited when he became the starter.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

1. Saying the MLF offense is an advantage vs the MM system is also patently wrong. 

2. The 2007 Packers defense came in at #11 in yards/gm and #6 in points.  I love what the current GB defense is doing, but this defense is not "a helluva lot better" than what Rodgers inherited when he became the starter.

1. MLF's offense is a run-first offense predicated on athletic OL pulling to create running lanes; this is to set up the pass. MM's is the exact opposite employing a ZBS in a pass-happy offense predicated on chunk yardage plays to create shorter, underneath routes and eventually a running play is sprinkled in. I'm sure you probably remember how bad our running game was much of the time. While Aaron's strengths include accuracy, we all know Jordan Love struggles with accuracy back to his collegiate days. Ergo, going into MM's offense would be disastrous whereas Love can be a game manager as a QB in MLF's offense relying on a strong running game with shorter, more manageable passes to set up the occasional chunk yardage play.

2. We were discussing 2006, not 2007. The 2007 defense was far superior to that of 2006's and arguably the best defense we had since the mid-90's sparing the 2009 and 2010 defenses.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not a "be careful what you wish for" person because I ******* want years of mediocre QB play so you stooges come back down to reality. I've said it numerous times that we've been spoiled and the last gameday thread proves that. Love looked like literally every QB in their first career start but it wasn't good enough for the majority lol. 

I'm here for the age where the Bucks rule Wisconsin and the Packers go back to being the pain in the *** team. Y'all deserve it.

We've certainly been spoiled at QB, I will definitely NOT argue that with you; but if we were to go back to mediocre QB play, wouldn't you rather have Baker Mayfield over someone like say Colt McCoy or Drew Lock?

I know we have a sarcasm colored font on here IIRC that nobody seems to use, so I'm going to guess that you're being sarcastic with that last statement?....yeah?....

If not, your fanhood should be openly questioned by everyone else here - seriously, not a personal shot because I get the whole QB play argument, but that last statement should draw a serious inquiry if you're actually serious...

11 hours ago, Eternal said:

You could argue that Rodgers had the better defense then this years team. Rodgers certainly had the better WR corps.

Davante Adams is much better WR than Driver was, Jennings was a rookie, and you had complete and utter JAG's behind the both of them. Lazard may not be a WR2 but he's no JAG, Cobb has proven he still has something left in the tank so not a JAG there, MVS is going through his James Jones up-n-down phase, and ESB has stepped up from time to time though I wouldn't argue with you if you felt he was a JAG. I could buy the argument that Rodgers had a slightly better TE unit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

If not, your fanhood should be openly questioned by everyone else here - seriously, not a personal shot because I get the whole QB play argument, but that last statement should draw a serious inquiry if you're actually serious...

WTF are you talking about? Liking the Bucks more than the Packers is some kind of indictment now? Bucks fans aren't spoiled rotten brats either. 

• Like 1