1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone had me go look at the INTs from the Utah State/LSU game.  Two of them I wouldn't really blame on him.  Stingley made a tremendous play on the first INT, the second one was staring down his receiver and the LB (I believe) picked off his pass, and the third one was a vertical 50/50 ball which I believe Delpit intercepted but poor job on the WRs behalf of trying to contest it.  I'd really only "blame" one of those interceptions on Love.

And his INT in the Frisco Bowl literally bounced off his RB/WR. You literally cannot box score scout with him. You have to watch all the tape and see that he was a victim of ****ty talent, coaching and forcing things as a result. I don't blame him one bit. The tools didn't go anywhere. The talent did.

What ever, is what it is.  I didn't think this roster was in a complete rebuild spot but clearly the front office doesn't agree.  Hopefully Gute is better at picking his QB this time than he was last time. 

We're gonna be lucky to be .500 next year.

Edited by SSG

Just now, packfanfb said:

Let's prove it Gute. You got your future QB with our 1st rounder this year. Now go offer your No. 1 (hell, even a No. 2) pick next year to any team for their best offensive play-maker so we can "compete" for a championship with 12. 

What team is going to offer their best offensive play maker for a future pick?  This is crazy talk.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Sorry, your opinion of what a good pass catcher to me is worthless.  Jmon Moore was an elite prospect in your eyes this year last time,.  

It's Adams and nobody at WR.  Our TE group is down right disgusting right now.  It's Lewis, Tonyan and a Sophmorew who showed absolutely nothing last year.  League average my ***.  It"s league average in your eyes because EVERYTHING its the fault of the NFL's worst starting QB. A guy like MVS is an all pro your eyes.

You can keep lying your *** off about what I said, that's not gonna make it true.

I liked Jmon Moore more than most, but after some off the field stuff, he wasn't making the strides he needed to be making. It happens.

Who do you think has these great receiving groups that go ridiculously deep? A top 10 receiver in the league gives you a massive jump on most teams. Is a second round receiver going to cool your *** down? Is the difference between Aiyuk and Shenault so vast?

Who are the good TEs right now? You hated Jimmy Graham who was 18th in yards for TEs last year. Who the Bears liked enough to make the 7th highest paid guy in the league. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And who on the board makes an immediate impact? Do we not have more picks in this draft? 

I'm not even trying to be rude here when i say...anyone who will see the field? Surely the goal is for Love to have zero impact on the upcoming season. Agree? Can you say the same about any other position/player we could have realistically drafted? We do have more picks. And I'm excited for them. I hope we draft well. I hope we get every guy you think gives us the best chance for all I care. But we could have had more. Now we won't get that. We won't see that. We won't even know that until like 4 years from now...if that. Somebody else said it earlier. It's not the pick..it's the timing. I don't think that was the right time. The only way I'm wrong is if Rodgers gets hurt again. Right now I'm clinging onto Rodgers having a chip on his shoulder once again. Cmon dude. Play pissed off this year..

1 minute ago, Leader said:

"We have the best quarterback in the National Football League and we plan to have him for awhile."

Brian Gutekunst

Guy hasnt even played a down yet and already annointed. Gute has some big ol balls.

I know this was actually about Rodgers.

• Like 5

Just now, CWood21 said:

But if Love is indeed the next franchise QB, are you really going to say that it's too early?  I haven't really looked at next year's class, but I can't imagine we're anywhere near close enough to take Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.  IF you think Love is a franchise QB, you take him.

Again, it puts you in a position where you have to commit/cut bait too soon. Are you willing to trade Rodgers just like that in 2 years simply because you HAVE to commit to Love? Seems very forced. Ideally, I'd want to make this pick only if I am sure that 12 is not going to be my quarterback in 2 years. Was that the decision we just made tonight? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Watch the Colorado St game. Goes through multiple progression reads throughout the game and showcases a very soft touch on a lot of throws. 

Ball placement isn’t the greatest, but it’s better than average on his deep throws. 

I'll check it out. I need some good news.

2 minutes ago, Iskra said:

This was not the season to bank on a "few years down the road" 1st round QB prospect.

If you want to make the argument based on the idea that Rodgers contract was specifically carved out to be less this year, okay.

But realistically we're likely looking at abridged off season programs. You're likely to get even less out of rookies than you normally would. In that sense this is the perfect season to bank on that guy. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20