1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, rthom348 said:

I'm not even trying to be rude here when i say...anyone who will see the field? Surely the goal is for Love to have zero impact on the upcoming season. Agree? Can you say the same about any other position/player we could have realistically drafted? We do have more picks. And I'm excited for them. I hope we draft well. I hope we get every guy you think gives us the best chance for all I care. But we could have had more. Now we won't get that. We won't see that. We won't even know that until like 4 years from now...if that. Somebody else said it earlier. It's not the pick..it's the timing. I don't think that was the right time. The only way I'm wrong is if Rodgers gets hurt again. Right now I'm clinging onto Rodgers having a chip on his shoulder once again. Cmon dude. Play pissed off this year..

Wasn't this the "year of the wide receiver"? We certainly don't need any talent there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What team is going to offer their best offensive play maker for a future pick?  This is crazy talk.

Poorly worded. "Best offensive player you can buy" with either pick. Not necessarily the team's best player. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let's prove it Gute. You got your future QB with our 1st rounder this year. Now go offer your No. 1 (hell, even a No. 2) pick next year to any team for their best offensive play-maker so we can "compete" for a championship with 12. 

Gute is so full of ****.  You don't draft the immediate replacement for a guy if you think he's the best in the league.  Sounds like a coward with that lip service.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

I'm not even trying to be rude here when i say...anyone who will see the field? Surely the goal is for Love to have zero impact on the upcoming season. Agree? Can you say the same about any other position/player we could have realistically drafted? We do have more picks. And I'm excited for them. I hope we draft well. I hope we get every guy you think gives us the best chance for all I care. But we could have had more. Now we won't get that. We won't see that. We won't even know that until like 4 years from now...if that. Somebody else said it earlier. It's not the pick..it's the timing. I don't think that was the right time. The only way I'm wrong is if Rodgers gets hurt again. Right now I'm clinging onto Rodgers having a chip on his shoulder once again. Cmon dude. Play pissed off this year..

Is your idea of immediate impact both good and bad? Because anybody that sees the field isn't going to automatically provide positive impact. 

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Which comes at a price

So you can draft a solid, but faulty player who might make the Packers marginally better next year OR you can draft the guy you think that will lead the Packers for the next 15+ years in most important position in all of professional sports?  Seems like a no brainer.  Let's not act like we're looking at a slew of top 10 prospects that fell.  Based on my board, Josh Jones, Denzel Mims, Ross Blacklock, Kristian Fulton, Jeff Gladney, Jaylon Johnson, Grant Delpit, Xavier McKinney, and Antoine Winfield were the only first round prospects left on my board.  Of those guys, only Jeff Gladney was selected in the first round.  And the Packers felt the need to trade up for Love, which indicates to me that he was the highest remaining player in his tier.

Andy Herman -   My prediction for day 2: Packers move up for a WR. Going to need to make QB1 a little more happy than he probably is right now.

Bill Huber -   Gutekunst on trading up: didn’t think fourth rounder was a big cost.

Aaron Nagler -  They're telling a 13-3 roster they got bunch of breaks and you better work your *** off because you're not nearly as good as you think you are and the future is coming.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Poorly worded. "Best offensive player you can buy" with either pick. Not necessarily the team's best player. 

Throw me a few examples of what type of best offensive player you think you're getting for a FRP next year.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Again, it puts you in a position where you have to commit/cut bait too soon. Are you willing to trade Rodgers just like that in 2 years simply because you HAVE to commit to Love? Seems very forced. Ideally, I'd want to make this pick only if I am sure that 12 is not going to be my quarterback in 2 years. Was that the decision we just made tonight? 

It doesn't have to be two years. If Rodgers balls out, you can keep Love for 3 years before anybody even sweats you about resigning him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can keep lying your *** off about what I said, that's not gonna make it true.

I liked Jmon Moore more than most, but after some off the field stuff, he wasn't making the strides he needed to be making. It happens.

Who do you think has these great receiving groups that go ridiculously deep? A top 10 receiver in the league gives you a massive jump on most teams. Is a second round receiver going to cool your *** down? Is the difference between Aiyuk and Shenault so vast?

Who are the good TEs right now? You hated Jimmy Graham who was 18th in yards for TEs last year. Who the Bears liked enough to make the 7th highest paid guy in the league. 

Hell, I like Shenault more than any receiver who went after Lamb, and saw a nice breakdown on Pittman Jr today as well. Also to your point about Funchess earlier, the Colts were willing to pay him a pretty big salary last year and he lost the whole season to injury. A year ago we would have all been thrilled to get him on the contract he's on now. 

I don't think any other team is going to trade for Rogers and his mega salary. The Pack cant be considered a true contender for the next couple of years. Love, like Gary, is a workout warrior but did not produce in college. Rogers had a great year at Cal, in the Pack 12 and was considered at the least the #2 QB in that draft. Love posted a 7-6 record in the Mighty Mountain West conference with some 17 INT's. IMHO Love is a 3d round project at best.       

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

It doesn't have to be two years. If Rodgers balls out, you can keep Love for 3 years before anybody even sweats you about resigning him. 

Which is exactly what we did with Rodgers. I don't get where 2 years is coming from.

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let's prove it Gute. You got your future QB with our 1st rounder this year. Now go offer your No. 1 (hell, even a No. 2) pick next year to any team for their best offensive play-maker so we can "compete" for a championship with 12. 

Haha watch GB trades for OBJ tomorrow or OJ Howard haha

Love lost EVERY starter on his team 2018-2019 except his LT.   In addition he had an ENTIRELY new coaching staff 2018-2019.   In 2018 he had 32 TD's 6 INT's and a 158.3 rating.   Could you imagine Rodgers losing every starter except Bakhtiari and it not affecting his stats?   Burrows was a marginal prospect in 2018 until Joe Brady became his OC and LSU developed an absolutely loaded offensive squad.   Anyone seriously think Love wouldn't be a top 3 QB prospect if he had any continuity 2018 to 2019?      

I liked other guys too but I get it.   Franchise QB's are tough to find.  Pack fans are spoiled moving from Favre to Rodgers.   It takes guts and capital to find leaders for the team.  Gute obviously has the cajones - I'm willing to let it play out

• Like 7