1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

What narrative?  I've already said that I didn't think it was good value based on what I saw.  But I'm not naive enough to realize that he was dealt an awful hand this year.  Try replacing most of your offensive staff and your HC.  How do you think that's going to go?  If you can't see why the Packers chose Love, you're trying not to.  If you can't see why there isn't a ton of risk involved with Love, you're trying not to.  The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

"So you can draft a solid, but faulty player who might make the Packers marginally better next year OR you can draft the guy you think that will lead the Packers for the next 15+ years in most important position in all of professional sports?"

Seriously ? That's not even a challenge. 

Like I get the upset posts but honestly can we all just take a minute and enjoy that the team and franchise cares about the most important position to do this...

look at other teams that can’t for the life of them find “the guy”. If GB pulls this off for a SECOND time when does everyone in the nfl just say how do they keep having this happen to them?

• Like 2

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

I like Reagor but I really thought Jefferson was the no brainer pick there. 

Jefferson would have been a terrible pick for us. We have Goedert and Ertz. We can't run a slot WR with 12 personnel. Reagor Mims and Jefferson were all in the same tier. Mims is an X, Reagor a Z, Jefferson a slot.

Thinking back to last year, there was chatter that Denver made the 2nd round jump to grab Drew Lock knowing that he was our pick. Would have been interesting to see the fall-out of that at the time, especially given how good Jenkins was this year. But Lock looked good enough to be considered the QB of the future for Denver.  

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jalen Reagor was a good pick lol. Not as good of a pick as trading up for Lamb would have been, that's the real travesty. But Reagor has phenomenal potential.

A small wr that has issues with health and catching yeah aglor I mean Reagor was a great pick with Jefferson on the board.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

It's entirely plausible that Love was literally the last player the Packers had a first round grade on, and the last few went right before #26.  One would generally expect an NFL team to take a player if they have a tier lean on him.

Agreed. I have to check out Love. Dont know anything about the guy other than the conflicting opinions I'm reading here. Again...it is what it is. We'll have to (hopefully) pick up some talent thats gonna help us improve this year. Can we fill all the (perceived) holes? Dont know / cant say. Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lily Zhao -  Packers Gutekunst said he wasn't going to give Matt LaFleur "a player he didn't want." Said again Jordan Love wasn't the pick they anticipated, but he fell to them. Said the balance between improving your ball club now and into the future was "put into consideration."

I guess that says it all as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Like I get the upset posts but honestly can we all just take a minute and enjoy that the team and franchise cares about the most important position to do this...

look at other teams that can’t for the life of them find “the guy”. If GB pulls this off for a SECOND time when does everyone in the nfl just say how do they keep having this happen to them?

I understand the positive thinking, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  Dude has a lot to prove (and fortunately, a long time to do it.)

• Like 2