2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Did a mock on TDN:

Round 1: Shaun Wade CB (Elite slot. Not much tape at all outside though. Might not be available here if this season didn't get wrecked by COVID)

Round 2: Cameron McGrone LB (Athletic as hell LB who could be our future... wish we could see him play this year)

Round 3: Andre Cisco S (Expected him to be gone in round 2. Great great value)

Round 5: Tyreke Smith DE (Lots of potential here but still needs development)

Round 5: Alijah Vera-Tucker OG/OT (With his versatility and ability I have no idea how he fell here)

Round 6: Alim McNeill DT (DT is great for us this year but idk if we can hang on to Jackson w/ our cap situation. Alim was on Feldman's freak list. Good candidate to develop)

Round 7: Joshua Kaindoh DE (No idea how he's available near the end of the draft just with his athleticism alone, but I'll take it if TDN is offering him as a lottery ticket)

Note: 6/7 picks on the defensive side of the ball... probably could've fit one more offensive player somewhere. Maybe a WR in round 6 or RB in round 7, but I firmly believe next years class should be focused on the defense.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

43588-DAA-A6-AC-4551-81-F0-67-E842-C431-

So.... considering our strength of schedule will probably cause us to have a lower pick. How many of these bottom half teams can the Eagles realistically be worse than?

I’m in a bad place rn.... I know. I didn’t drink enough to stop thinking about this disappointment of a team.

Realistically I think 5-7 wins right now. 2-14 total tank would be nice, get a kings ransom for #1 pick? Hell, flat out take TLaw? All fun things to dream about, but I just don't see it happening. We lose to the Bengals, and/or hit the bye at 1-7? Then maybe, but as of now I think we will go 3-3 in division (it really sucks) and take at least 2 more games. You've got Bengals, banged up 49ers and Browns as only teams left on schedule that won't be strong favorites, but I'm sure there's a trap game in there (for the other team, where we are the trap). Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Bengals, Falcons, Jags and Vikings off top of my head are looking like they will be in the mix with us for a low pick. Hard seeing us pick above the 1st 3 I listed.

I will say this is a really bad year to suck. I'm not sure how good this draft class is supposed to be, but COVID is going to negatively effect team's judgement, no? Way less tape will be out there between the guys who opted out and less games being played. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

43588-DAA-A6-AC-4551-81-F0-67-E842-C431-

So.... considering our strength of schedule will probably cause us to have a lower pick. How many of these bottom half teams can the Eagles realistically be worse than?

I’m in a bad place rn.... I know. I didn’t drink enough to stop thinking about this disappointment of a team.

rn it's looking like top 8. Denver, Miami, Atlanta should win some games. Minnesota, IDK...Kirk sucks...but they probably win a few in spite of him?

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Realistically I think 5-7 wins right now. 2-14 total tank would be nice, get a kings ransom for #1 pick? Hell, flat out take TLaw? All fun things to dream about, but I just don't see it happening. We lose to the Bengals, and/or hit the bye at 1-7? Then maybe, but as of now I think we will go 3-3 in division (it really sucks) and take at least 2 more games. You've got Bengals, banged up 49ers and Browns as only teams left on schedule that won't be strong favorites, but I'm sure there's a trap game in there (for the other team, where we are the trap).

I will say this is a really bad year to suck. I'm not sure how good this draft class is supposed to be, but COVID is going to negatively effect team's judgement, no? Way less tape will be out there between the guys who opted out and less games being played. 

Yeah, we don’t even know when to suck.

I don’t think there is a bunch of blue chip draft prospects looking at the top ranked draft guys right now. A lot of them have questions to answer that opted out or are coming back and will play.

I say 5-7 wins sounds realistic based on the small sample size of 2 games we have right now.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

rn it's looking like top 8. Denver, Miami, Atlanta should win some games. Minnesota, IDK...Kirk sucks...but they probably win a few in spite of him?

I kinda doubt we are able to make it inside the top 5. I would settle for top 8. We still might be able to still get a stud player there considering the top 3 QB prospects will most likely go in the top 5 or 6 picks like this past draft and its probably bad enough to get some coaching staff changes made whether Pederson likes it or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think there is a bunch of blue chip draft prospects looking at the top ranked draft guys right now. A lot of them have questions to answer that opted out or are coming back and will play.

I say 5-7 wins sounds realistic based on the small sample size of 2 games we have right now.

Yeah there aren't a ton of blow you away guys, but I also have done next to know watching for next year yet. Seems like if we stay on this path and pick top 15, there are plenty of CBs, WRs, Edges and linemen to get someone good. Add in one of the few like stud athletes in Micah (would Howie give us a LB?) and those QBs...we should be good.

Yeah i think we'll beat the Giants twice, with another couple winnable games. I'm sure they will surprise us with one big win. I'd like to say the Washington loss was the one that was a "lost to a team they shouldn't have" game...but that'll probably come later.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I kinda doubt we are able to make it inside the top 5. I would settle for top 8. We still might be able to still get a stud player there considering the top 3 QB prospects will most likely go in the top 5 or 6 picks like this past draft and its probably bad enough to get some coaching staff changes made whether Pederson likes it or not.

Yeah to go that high we need to lose to the Giants at least once, which honestly just fire the staff on the spot if that happens.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We can pretty easily go BPA which is nice, but I bet 7 or 8 would fall right outside that blue chip prospect range. Although Trey Lance will probably be on the board. From 1 QB factory to another 👀

If we lose to the Bengals next weekend all bets are off and this team could pick anywhere at the top of the draft. 

It really blows that we don’t know what we have in Dillard yet, but our OL is the one spot on the team that our front office has regularly hit on in the draft so I have to think Dillard will play well starting next year. So where does that leave us? We obviously need LBs, DBs, and pass rushers. If we can get a blue chip prospect at one of those three positions we could go in that direction. Now if we do somehow get to pick first in the draft(insanely unlikely would need to lose vs the Bengals and would need Hurts to get lots of starts) we obviously just go Lawrence. I mean, we want to be a QB factory right???? He is the best prospect I have seen at QB in a long time and while getting a haul of our own would be pretty nice, I can’t trust this team to actually use the picks in the right way so just go with the best player we have seen. I’m not ready to give up on Wentz yet, but you just can’t pass on Lawrence if we are picking there. 

Outside of that.... our offense should have enough talent to win. We could maybe use one more big talent WR, but we have a great young TE in Goedert, an explosive young RB in Sanders who should keep improving, and an OL that has a ton of promise going forward already. If we don’t want to go QB, the obvious spots we should be targeting are defensive players.  Now the question is, is there any defensive players who are worth getting excited for? The SEC starts this week and the Big 10 comes back next month. There is likely to be some big talent to scout in one of those two divisions so we will see.