How many games will we win this season?

NYRaider

How many games will we win?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 win total

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

How do you have the rest of the AFC West doing?

Baby is sleeping in my office right now so i can't look it up. But i think it was

LV 13-3

KC 11-5

LAC 8-8

DEN 6-10

When I can get to my office I will confirm. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Baby is sleeping in my office right now so i can't look it up. But i think it was

LV 13-3

KC 11-5

LAC 8-8

DEN 6-10

That's interesting, I can see the Chargers being the weakest team as I'm not sold on Herbert and Taylor is very average. They just never seem to be able to get out of their own way. Denver looks much improved to me though the QB situation is early to tell. KC I feel can beat anyone but also could lose to anyone, they are the media darlings right now but I dont think they are unassailable at all. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

LV 13-3

KC 11-5

LAC 8-8

DEN 6-10

I think Denver will do better than LAC. I think the Chargers are going to struggle because of QB play. And yes, we will win the SB!!!

I’m actually pretty genuinely shocked some people (and people that are intelligent posters) think we’re going to be better than 11-5.... even 13-3!  That’s not a swipe at anyone, not even trying to debate anyone on it.... simply just shocked.

I definitely think we’re greatly improved but still think we’re not good enough that we won’t lose a game or two we should have won.

hey I hope your right!

ill also add I’m not buying Denver this year.  I think they’re a 8-8 team at best.  And SD I have as a 6-7 win team, if not worse.

Edited by jimkelly02

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll stick by my 7-9 prediction from the first page, with 8-8 being my secondary choice. 

I still see a very young team that is still putting it together, and a QB situation that still has question marks. Carr could be the answer. Mariota could be the answer. A 1st Round Pick next year could be the answer. However, right now, it’s still confusing and a huge question mark. 

Edited by BayRaider

After TC and the cuts... I think our team isn’t what we thought it’d be after the draft... we’re really not that talented.

we are not a playoff team based on talent... that doesn’t mean we can’t have guys step up and as a team win games against more talented teams....

but I think we’re really not that much better than last year.  The offseason was 70% mishandled IMO.

I think it’s optimistic to say 8-8.  I think we still have an offense that will stall out for entire games.  We won’t be able to win shoot outs.  FS and DT are weak positions on defense.  We have depth issues across the team and lack any true superstars at skill positions.  It’s hopefully a year we see young guys develop and grow.... but I’ve definitely lowered by expectations for this year and being able to make a playoff run in ‘21.

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll stick by my 7-9 prediction from the first page, with 8-8 being my secondary choice. 

I still see a very young team that is still putting it together, and a QB situation that still has question marks. Carr could be the answer. Mariota could be the answer. A 1st Round Pick next year could be the answer. However, right now, it’s still confusing and a huge question mark. 

Welcome back... I missed ya... even had to defend you from some haters.... imagine that lol

Sadly... I think your may be right that drafting a QB in ‘21 may have to happen.  I don’t see Carr having the year we thought he could have with a talented group of weapons a few months ago.  Our WRs are rookies and castaways.  I don’t think Carr can succeed with that group.... and this is his last “try”.  If we don’t see success it’s time to rebuild... again.  That means a purge of the roster.  While there are some young guys to build around any rebuild will mean anyone not on a rookie contract isn’t safe.... and we could have a massive turnover from this year to next.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, seems 90% of us predicted the Panther game correctly. Rest of my predictions from Page 1 on the season:

Week 2 vs Saints - L 31-27

Week 3 at Patriots - L

Week 4 vs Bills - L

Week 5 at Chiefs - L

Week 7 vs Buccaneers - L

Week 8 at Browns - W

Week 9 at Chargers - L

Week 10 vs Broncos - W

Week 11 vs Chiefs - L

Week 12 at Falcons - W

Week 13 at Jets - L

Week 14 vs Colts - W

Week 15 vs Chargers - W

Week 16 vs Dolphins - W

Week 17 at Broncos - L

Record: 7-9

I mean I expect a lot of these to be close games, and we can sneak a win against NO with Thomas out, or sweep the Chargers and go 8-8. However, I’d be really surprised if this is a 10+ win football team. I mean I hope I’m terribly and we go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl lol. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 wins.

Key games for our success are-Patriots, Bills, Bucs.

We need to win 2 of these 3. If we can get through the first 6 games at .500 we will win 10 games. I think we lose to the Saints and Chiefs.

We get the Bucs off a bye. We get Bills at home. Patriots looked good against Miami, But it was Miami. The Patriots will get exposed against the Seahawks this week. Bills are very good, but I think we match up well against them. We are a better offense. They have the better defense.

I think we can definitely win 2 out of 3 from these teams.

• Like 1

im still rolling with 10-6.

We have a top OL which masks so much. We have a true identity on offense which is huge. DC in his 3rd year, looks to be more confident and in control of the offense. I believe Mayock has brought in a bunch of guys that are all about football(part of why Bowden didnt fit in imo). Jacobs is as legit as they get and Ruggs opens up so much, if he can stay healthy i see our offense being lethal all year and keeping us in every game. Waller is a top 3 TE imo, and 3rd and Renfrow is the real deal. In short, our offense is ready to compete. If Edwards can live up to the hype, fuhgetaboutit!!!!

On defense we are much more athletic and sound tackling. Our DBs are young and there will be ups and downs but they compete their tails off. 

IMO we are going to go as far as the pass rush takes us. The offense is going to keep us in games and even win some, but were going to have to get after the passer much better than we did week 1 if we are going to truly contend for a playoff spot. 

This is such a young team, but i think we ride our OL and offense to a Wild Card spot. 

Too many guys on here focus on our negatives and not our positives, yea this roster isnt perfect but to say we arent better than last year is just plain dumb. We were 6-4 last season before injuries killed us, we have much better depth this year than last.