2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't remember Terrell ever being mentioned in that tier. I believe we spent months discussing who was CB3. And so did the "experts".

Actually you're correct. Most considered Okudah and Henderson as the clear 1/2 and then everyone had different rankings after that. FWIW PFF had him at #5, Daniel Jeremiah had him at #4, and Walter Football had him at #4. None of them had a first round grade on Arnette though, DJ gave him a late 2nd, PFF gave him a 3rd, and Walter Football gave him a 2nd. They all had 1st round grades on Terrell. 

Terrell's stock also took a slight ding because he had a horrible game against LSU in the national championship. 

The other CB's that were ranked around Terrell were Jaylon Johnson and Trevon Diggs. But Johnson was hurt IIRC and Diggs wasn't viewed as a scheme fit because he was more suited to play in a zone heavy scheme.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Other right tackle prospect I really like that I don't think anyone has talked about on here yet is Jackson Carmen. He's raw but I think Tom cable will do really well with him. I like him as a day to guy

The only issues with Carman are that he's dealing with a back injury and he lacks length (32" arms) so most are projecting that he'll likely have to play OG.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The only issues with Carman are that he's dealing with a back injury and he lacks length (32" arms) so most are projecting that he'll likely have to play OG.

Right but if you can get him with one of the third You put a good at right tackle while this guy plays guard(And even with the arm length eventually plays right tackle in two years) I like him because he can move with anyone. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Right but if you can get him with one of the third You put a good at right tackle while this guy plays guard(And even with the arm length eventually plays right tackle in two years) I like him because he can move with anyone. 

Back issues scare me though, especially for a bigger OT. 

If we weren't desperate for a plug and play RT, Spencer Brown would be a great pick in round 3. He's almost identical to Kolton in terms of his physical profile, played RT in college, and has a mean/nasty streak. I'm just not sure he's someone you can rely on to start day 1.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Back issues scare me though, especially for a bigger OT. 

Yeah but we've seen players players come out with back issues And end up having long careers. What I like about that is that those players usually come at a discount LOL

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we weren't desperate for a plug and play RT, Spencer Brown would be a great pick in round 3. He's almost identical to Kolton in terms of his physical profile, played RT in college, and has a mean/nasty streak. I'm just not sure he's someone you can rely on to start day 1.

Spencer Brown is another one I like if we go though play good at right tackle this year route. Again I'm not opposed to getting someone to start at guard this year and play right tackle next year

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

@reddevil you have a point about the tackles, but I'd rather try and move up to get one of the top tier guys if you are set on taking one in round 1. No point taking the 4th/5th best tackle on the board if they're a huge reach (not sure if they are/aren't yet). It all depends on where people feel the dropoff is. I only think there are 3 maybe 4 safeties (Moehrig, Grant, Cisco, maybe Holland) who can play free safety at single high for us. After that, there's a huge dropoff and even within that group, After Moehrig and Grant, there are question marks.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Spencer Brown is another one I like if we go though play good at right tackle this year route. Again I'm not opposed to getting someone to start at guard this year and play right tackle next year

I'd even be okay with something like this if the staff is confident Good can start at RT if needed. 

17 - Jaelan Philips | Edge | Miami (FL)

48 - Richie Grant | FS | UCF

79 - Trey Smith | OG | Tennessee

80 - Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The other CB's that were ranked around Terrell were Jaylon Johnson and Trevon Diggs. But Johnson was hurt IIRC and Diggs wasn't viewed as a scheme fit because he was more suited to play in a zone heavy scheme.

Fulton and Gladney too.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd even be okay with something like this if the staff is confident Good can start at RT if needed. 

17 - Jaelan Philips | Edge | Miami (FL)

48 - Richie Grant | FS | UCF

79 - Trey Smith | OG | Tennessee

80 - Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa

Absolutely. This looks good to me. The only problem is I realistically don't think Richie Grant is going to be there at 48 if he runs sub 4.5(and even if he doesn't run sub 4.5). But I would take Jaylon Phillips at 17 in a heartbeat. 

If He's not there however(Which he won't likely be) I have no problem with Richy Grant at 17(If Darrisaw is gone). And then Landon Dickerson at 48 and go Quincy Roche at with 1 of the 3rds 

Edited by Jeremy408