2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You don't pass on him. Look what SF did with their DL. Took them to the superbowl. Can never have too many players there.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and the guy mentioned that if it weren't for Phillips injury concerns and 1 year of production he'd probably be a top 5 pick. He's gifted, IIRC he was the #1 recruit coming out of high school. And as you said, you can never have too many pass rushers, especially good ones on rookie deals.

Been the club leader for the J.Phillips hype train for months. Dude is gonna kill it in the NFL. He’s a stud! Most polished pass rusher in the draft. Kwity, Ojulari and Rousseau all need to be taught. Ojulari not so much as the other two. Phillips is plug and play from the get go and can stand him up put his hand in the ground just a ridiculous athlete that showed such a variety of pas rushing moves. 

Teams should look into his injury’s but it shouldn’t stop teams from drafting him. Think a whole year where he didn’t get hurt or missed a practice says a lot where his body and mind is at. He loves the game of football just keep him out of the AFC West 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Been the club leader for the J.Phillips hype train for months. Dude is gonna kill it in the NFL. He’s a stud! Most polished pass rusher in the draft. Kwity, Ojulari and Rousseau all need to be taught. Ojulari not so much as the other two. Phillips is plug and play from the get go and can stand him up put his hand in the ground just a ridiculous athlete that showed such a variety of pas rushing moves. 

Teams should look into his injury’s but it shouldn’t stop teams from drafting him. Think a whole year where he didn’t get hurt or missed a practice says a lot where his body and mind is at. He loves the game of football just keep him out of the AFC West 

Yeah Phillips has the whole toolbox as a rookie. That’s rare. It’s scary what he could be with continued development. The floor is very high.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That's what I said from the VERY beginning. He's the only one that I feel completely confident in him being a day one starter that you don't have to really worry about. Rest of them are a gamble

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

That's what I said from the VERY beginning. He's the only one that I feel completely confident in him being a day one starter that you don't have to really worry about. Rest of them are a gamble

The health is a gamble technically, but he doesn't have the injuries I worry most about in terms of causing long-term limitations. My worry is he tested so well that I can't see a team passing on him before 16. Obviously the qb teams will and there are teams that need WR/OL, but in the teens you have to think someone wants him.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The health is a gamble technically, but he doesn't have the injuries I worry most about in terms of causing long-term limitations. My worry is he tested so well that I can't see a team passing on him before 16. Obviously the qb teams will and there are teams that need WR/OL, but in the teens you have to think someone wants him.

He definitely won't be there when we pick.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah it's a bummer but hopefully he pushes the tackles down the board.

I’m not sure that the same people that need tackles also need pass rushers but it would put him higher on the best player available list so yeah man hopefullyI’m not sure that the same people that need tackles also need pass rushers but it would put him higher on the best player available list so yeah man hopefully

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m not sure that the same people that need tackles also need pass rushers but it would put him higher on the best player available list so yeah man hopefullyI’m not sure that the same people that need tackles also need pass rushers but it would put him higher on the best player available list so yeah man hopefully

I think the chargers could use a complimentary pass rusher to Bosa, but I see them going tackle, especially if Slater is available.