2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we had a healthy Nick Bosa instead of Ferrell, we’d be a playoff team without much question. Even giving the Chiefs a run for their money. Pass Rush is definitely our glaring weakness. Crosby feasts off mismatches. Usually terrible RT’s or injuries. I love Crosby honestly, but solid RT’s almost always shut him down. 

If my aunt had nuts she’d be my uncle. 
Bosa wasn’t available when we picked Ferrell and now he’s hurt. 

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

If my aunt had nuts she’d be my uncle. 
Bosa wasn’t available when we picked Ferrell and now he’s hurt. 

Bosa wasn't available but Josh Allen and Montez Sweat both were. But we passed on Allen who was clearly a better prospect than Ferrell because "he didn't fit into the mold that Gunther likes at defensive end," which is what? Guys that can't generate any pressure at all? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yannick or Clowney were our best two options and we whiffed on both. 

At this point I would of given Ferrell and a 2nd for Yannick. Not that I'm giving up on Ferrell, I want to start him most of the year and would only bench him if he was still sucking and a couple games before the playoffs, but Yannick is a Franchise DE.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, BayRaider said:

That many sacks in two games isn’t exactly a tail tale sign. He feasted off horrible situations. Bengals OL was Bottom 3 in the league riddled with injuries, and the Chargers were down to mostly second and third string OL. 

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make. He had two huge games for us and hasn't really produced much outside of that. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

At this point I would of given Ferrell and a 2nd for Yannick. Not that I'm giving up on Ferrell, I want to start him most of the year and would only bench him if he was still sucking and a couple games before the playoffs, but Yannick is a Franchise DE.

We could've acquired Yannick this offseason for a 2nd and a future 5th but didn't pull the trigger. We'd rather pay Mariota $8M to hold a clip board on the sideline and Nassib $7.5M to play 10 snaps a game. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We could've acquired Yannick this offseason for a 2nd and a future 5th but didn't pull the trigger. We'd rather pay Mariota $8M to hold a clip board on the sideline and Nassib $7.5M to play 10 snaps a game. 

This team isn't going deep in the playoffs until we get both a premier Edge Rusher and premier Interior Rusher. We may make the playoffs and even win one game, but until we get those two things, we are NOT a Super Bowl contender (Raider Cody SMH...)

Just now, BayRaider said:

This team isn't going deep in the playoffs until we get both a premier Edge Rusher and premier Interior Rusher. We may make the playoffs and even win one game, but until we get those two things, we are NOT a Super Bowl contender (Raider Cody SMH...)

The only thing that gives me hope is that we ranked 32nd in the league with 25 sacks in 2016 when we won 12 games.