2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not even four first round picks would fix this team. 

I wouldn't say that. We can shed Joyner Tyrell and potentially Gabe/Trent next season for 30-50 million. Add a good impact DL and safety through FA and the draft and this team definitely looks different.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't say that. We can shed Joyner Tyrell and potentially Gabe/Trent next season for 30-50 million. Add a good impact DL and safety through FA and the draft and this team definitely looks different.

I want to see how our defense can play with an actual defensive coordinator. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Potential cuts

• Trent Brown - $14M

• Tyrell Williams - $11.6M

• LaMarcus Joyner - $8.75M

• Marcus Mariota - $10.1M

• Gabe Jackson - $9.6M

• Jalen Richard - $3.5M

• Jeff Heath - $3.1M

Plus Richie retiring would free up another $6.3M. 

Christian Barmore out of Alabama is a guy that I'll be monitoring closely this year. Looks like a guy that has a chance to rise to DT1 with a strong season and fits perfectly with what we're lacking in the center of our DL. He's inexperienced but looks to be more explosive and have more pass rushing potential than Marvin Wilson. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Potential cuts

• Trent Brown - $14M

• Gabe Jackson - $9.6M

• Jalen Richard - $3.5M

• Jeff Heath - $3.1M

Sounds good on paper, but when you dump that many guys, you will have a new roster and then because of the turn over you will struggle again...

Let this season go down first IMO.

Mariota seems like an easy cut, but if they want to draft a new QB day 1, then they maybe keeping Mariota as a stop gap rather then have the unhealthy situation? with Carr and his replacement...

Trent is a popular cut candidate right now, but what if he comes back for the last 10 games and dominates, like he did last year? Then you might try to twist his deal, but definately won't cut him IMO. 

If Edwards looks like a legit X, then Williams is a no brainer cut.

If Amik looks competent, then you can cut Joyner.

If Good continues to play good football, then you can think about dumping Gabe for Good IMO. 

Jalen is still a solid 3rd down back, since Bowden flamed out, we might wanna keep him around.

Heath sofar showed nothing, but he is a new guy in this system, so maybe we could give him some time...

If Simpson grows enough then you can encourage Richie towards retirement, but so far we might be better with the veteran on his last year with Simpson as depth.

17 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Sounds good on paper, but when you dump that many guys, you will have a new roster and then because of the turn over you will struggle again...

I'm not suggesting that we cut all of them, just wanted to post a list of potential cuts and the savings the move would bring. 

For me

Definitely cutting: Joyner, Williams, Mariota, Heath

Might cut: Richard, Jackson

Wouldn't cut: Brown

• Like 1

Trey Lance didn't look good on Saturday and that's the only tape he'll have for the 2020 season. The physical tools are there for sure but I don't think he's a guy that will be able to play early in his career. He does have one of the strongest arms we've seen in a while, and he's also really athletic and mobile. I see some similarities to Josh Allen and Cam Newton from a physical tools perspective. He just needs to go to the right team to capitalize on his potential. 

Edited by NYRaider

Way too early 2021 NFL Mock draft. 

Round 1: Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

Round 2: Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota 

Round 3: Andre Cisco | S | Syracuse 

Round 4: Corey Durden | DT | Florida State

Round 5: Trey Sermon | RB | Ohio State

Round 6: Palaie Gaoteote | LB | USC 

Round 7: Charleston Rambo | WR | Oklahoma 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

People need to start looking at OT more, definitely a 1st or 2nd Round target probably. The odds Trent will be back on the team next year are slim. 

There's still a long way to go to determine his role with the team going forward. 

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Way too early 2021 NFL Mock draft. 

Round 1: Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

Round 2: Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota 

Round 3: Andre Cisco | S | Syracuse 

Round 4: Corey Durden | DT | Florida State

Round 5: Trey Sermon | RB | Ohio State

Round 6: Palaie Gaoteote | LB | USC 

Round 7: Charleston Rambo | WR | Oklahoma 

I don't hate it, but I sure wish OT could be scrapped. I hate not taking LBs until day 3 when they're constantly a need for us. 

With this draft, who do you bring in via FA, assuming your cut predictions go through?

Edited by ronjon1990

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Potential cuts

• Trent Brown - $14M

• Gabe Jackson - $9.6M

• Jalen Richard - $3.5M

• Jeff Heath - $3.1M

Good list. MM should be making 4m or kick rocks. We can find a decent backup QB for under 5m. I think Brown or Jackson, don’t want too much turnover in one offseason to the OL. Let’s see how Brown situation plays out. Richard and Heath aren’t breaking the bank, cut only if we have clear upgrades or pressed for money.