Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That's why nobody liked you, start crap then report people.

Once a snitch always a snitch.

You're not making it better by calling names. Seems a bit childish really.

I dont have a problem with HB, if you don't like his roster lists and new topics then just don't view them.

I dont recall him being insulting or offensive, he's made some good points recently. 

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think Ferrell needs to be an all pro but he should be on the same level as guys like Williams, White, Allen etc.. I like to compare rookies and other players from the same class. For example, Deejay Dallas been tearing it up for the Seahawks and we passed on him for Bowden. I had mocked Dallas many times too, big electric runner. 

He doesn't need to be an All-Pro but he needs to be a quality pass rusher. I'm over people saying "they didn't draft him to be a high end pass rusher," then what did we draft him for? You don't take an edge player that early to be a run stopper that gets 5 sacks per season. You can find a veteran that can do that for the low. Hell, what we're asking Ferrell to do we can already get out of Carl Nassib for what like $6-7M/yr. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He doesn't need to be an All-Pro but he needs to be a quality pass rusher. I'm over people saying "they didn't draft him to be a high end pass rusher," then what did we draft him for? You don't take an edge player that early to be a run stopper that gets 5 sacks per season. You can find a veteran that can do that for the low. Hell, what we're asking Ferrell to do we can already get out of Carl Nassib for what like $6-7M/yr. 

I want someone who gets 8 plus sacks/being a QB  nightmare with pressures/ beast versus the run/leader 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hell, what we're asking Ferrell to do we can already get out of Carl Nassib for what like $6-7M/yr. 

Nassib doesn’t cost $6-7M... he costs 7.75, 9.5, and 8.0M.  Innocent mistake maybe... but it shows we do put significant value on pass rushers who are stout versus the run.  Guenther has Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson for a lot of years in Cincy.  He values tall/lengthy and strong DEs.

When people have said things like “we didn’t draft Ferrell to be a high end pass rusher” I’ve always taken that to mean they expected him to be an equally good run and pass defender.... a Cameron Jordan not a Yannik Ngakoue.  That’s why we took him over Josh Allen.  I think the issue comes out of the generalization that good run defenders are not often speedy pass rushers.  That doesn’t mean someone can’t be good versus the run, not a pure speed rusher and still a productive pass rusher.

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You're not making it better by calling names. Seems a bit childish really.

I dont have a problem with HB, if you don't like his roster lists and new topics then just don't view them.

I dont recall him being insulting or offensive, he's made some good points recently. 

He didn't make it better with his comment either,  he got banned twice for a reason, but your opinion has been noted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Nassib doesn’t cost $6-7M... he costs 7.75, 9.5, and 8.0M.  Innocent mistake maybe... but it shows we do put significant value on pass rushers who are stout versus the run.  Guenther has Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson for a lot of years in Cincy.  He values tall/lengthy and strong DEs.

When people have said things like “we didn’t draft Ferrell to be a high end pass rusher” I’ve always taken that to mean they expected him to be an equally good run and pass defender.... a Cameron Jordan not a Yannik Ngakoue.  That’s why we took him over Josh Allen.  I think the issue comes out of the generalization that good run defenders are not often speedy pass rushers.  That doesn’t mean someone can’t be good versus the run, not a pure speed rusher and still a productive pass rusher.

Imagine

• All our first rounders play like first rounders Arnette/Abram/Ferrell
  • Mullen/Crosby develop into stars
  • Hurst and Key break out in year 3
  • free agent LBs are the real deal 

Imagine!

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine

Imagine!

I don’t think EVERY thing goes perfectly.  But I do think what you mentioned does happen.... it’s just a matter of to what degree.  
As I said before... often “developing” players on talented defenses have break thru seasons.  Sacks are hardly caused by one player.  When they are it’s usually by unique talents like Mack, Von Miller, etc that can win instantly and sack the QB or get a TFL.  The vast majority of sacks are team efforts: QB can’t throw it immediately to an open WR due to good coverage AND/OR other rushers get pressure and the QB can’t simply step up of roll out and avoid the rush.  Plus, sacks and big plays are contagious.  When one player makes a play it seems to push the next guy to as well.  It’s like a synergy.

The more talent and good play by each player the more likely the next guy makes a play.  Hopefully with all the talented added at all 3 levels will help all of these guys thrive.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine

Imagine!

I actually feel good about points 2, 3, and 4. 

Point 1 is hard for me though.

Arnette is a total unknown. I'll give a pass. Even if we all agree he could've been had in the 2nd, I expect quality and day 1 potential from a 2nd rounder the same as I do most 1st rounders. He's doing the right things so far.

Abram screams total impact player 15+ years ago. But in today's NFL, he scares me as a targeting call waiting to happen. I need to see him clean up his play a lot before I get comfortable with him. It sucks, too, because I totally get it isn't so much his fault as it is the nature of the game now. 

Ferrell, I've never been impressed by. Sure we spent a high pick on him, but if Conley, Hall, Obi, Joseph, Ward, Cooper, Edwards Jr., etc tell us anything, it's that we're not high on keeping guys around just based on hype and draft pedigree. We're being linked often to Yannick, and it certainly isn't to replace Crosby. That's an indictment on Ferrell, whether the coaching staff would outright say so or not. For me, Ferrell is just a sunk cost on borrowed time. I really don't see him here for the 2021-2022 season unless he makes huge strides this year. But given our supposed interest in Yannick and Crosby's play thus far, I almost wonder if he's even going to get a legitimate shot at showing steady but incremental progress.