2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Based on the poll it looks like most here think the Jets will select QB Zack Wilson at 2. This is followed by DE/Edge at 23 and iOL with pick 34.  I kind of thought WR would be the choice at 23 or 34.  A little over 7 weeks to go. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Unfortunately it sailed and he missed it, Wilson didn't set his feet either he was actually falling away Rodgers like.

Dang the camera angle through me off. I thought the WR caught the ball near the sideline.

I looked at it some more. What do you mean it sailed on him? I’ll take your word for it though. I swear the WR catches that ball. 😂 But the guy in the video waived no catch.

Edited by SDotNova

9 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Dang the camera angle through me off. I thought the WR caught the ball near the sideline.

I looked at it some more. What do you mean it sailed on him? I’ll take your word for it though. I swear the WR catches that ball. 😂 But the guy in the video waived no catch.

It just got away from him, too much arm not enough touch. The arm strength was good because you need to be able to put  touch on it so it falls where you want it to. He threw it out the back of the end zone but that's okay because you miss you wanna miss there. He also threw it while he was running, watch how Wilson got his body under control and still lined up with just flicked his wrist and it dropped in the bucket. Teams should not ask Fields to make that throw though.

Look at Wilson around the 5 second mark and then Fields around the 6 second mark and you'll see the difference. 

Those throws don’t interest me much. It is just eye candy. They are 50/50 balls. You want to impress me?  Throw the out pattern on a dime where only your WR can catch it. Show me the touch on a seam route over the underneath zone and before the top zone coverage. Show me a drop in the bucket on a 9 route or an end zone fade. Show me the zip and placement on a crossing pattern so the WR can gain YAC.  Show me the timing on comeback routes where the ball is released before the WR even turns. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

Those throws don’t interest me much. It is just eye candy. They are 50/50 balls. You want to impress me?  Throw the out pattern on a dime where only your WR can catch it. Show me the touch on a seam route over the underneath zone and before the top zone coverage. Show me a drop in the bucket on a 9 route or an end zone fade. Show me the zip and placement on a crossing pattern so the WR can gain YAC.  Show me the timing on comeback routes where the ball is released before the WR even turns. 

It will likely be the same result. Wilson is better passer than Fields in every aspect. 

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It will likely be the same result. Wilson is better passer than Fields in every aspect. 

Perhaps.  This is just a rant from me because all these offseason underwear Olympic events are nothing but media hype events. Or in the case if the NFL combine another money making event. They are kind of useless to evaluate an actual football player. End rant. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

As long as you know that's an opinion and not an actual fact. I'm good with that.

Let's remember why guys get criticized. Trubisky went before Watson and Mahomes bc he was more accurate and had a quicker release. How did that turn out? Watson not going #1 was insane if you ask me. And he didn't bc he didn't have the best arm or accuracy. And he had talent around him. Yet all the kid did was win and produce. Fast forward to their NFL careers and look whos shining.

Mark my words... Fields will have a better pro career than Wilson if put in the right situation. I'll even go a step further and say Mac Jones if put in the right situation will have a better career. Give me the guy who wins and has talent over the flavor or the month. A month ago some people were talking that Fields will go over TLaw bc Meyer was the HC. Now he's 3rd? and some even have him 4th?

Its ridiculous.

If there is one thing we should all know is NEVER trust what is out there and you should probably look the other way. Zach wilson is getting all this hype so he will probably be the guy that will fall in the draft and Fields who is getting no love will probably be the 2nd pick. I'm working on my mock draft and when you guys see it there will be some surprises. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

As long as you know that's an opinion and not an actual fact. I'm good with that.

Let's remember why guys get criticized. Trubisky went before Watson and Mahomes bc he was more accurate and had a quicker release. How did that turn out? Watson not going #1 was insane if you ask me. And he didn't bc he didn't have the best arm or accuracy. And he had talent around him. Yet all the kid did was win and produce. Fast forward to their NFL careers and look whos shining.

Mark my words... Fields will have a better pro career than Wilson if put in the right situation. I'll even go a step further and say Mac Jones if put in the right situation will have a better career. Give me the guy who wins and has talent over the flavor or the month. A month ago some people were talking that Fields will go over TLaw bc Meyer was the HC. Now he's 3rd? and some even have him 4th?

Its ridiculous.

Fields isn't as good as Watson or Mahomes and Wilson is better than Trubisky and it is a fact he's a better passer, you have eyes and you can see it. Does that mean Fields will be a bad player? of course not and that doesn't mean Wilson will be better. 

You dont like Wilson and that's okay but to discredit him over preference is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Perhaps.  This is just a rant from me because all these offseason underwear Olympic events are nothing but media hype events. Or in the case if the NFL combine another money making event. They are kind of useless to evaluate an actual football player. End rant. 

That wasn't underwear olympics, that's actual off-season training. We're a team who is going to be featuring bootlegs heavily in our offense, thats a throw whoever plays QB has to make consistently.

23 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Just saying what?

That Zach Wilson is far too unproven for me to be comfortable selecting him second overall. Everybody keeps mentioning comparisons to Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

Mahomes went 10th overall, not second overall.

Rodgers went 24th.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

That Zach Wilson is far too unproven for me to be comfortable selecting him second overall. Everybody keeps mentioning comparisons to Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

Mahomes went 10th overall, not second overall.

Rodgers went 24th.

That's the natural progression of evolution but overall those guys have paved the way for guys like Wilson same way Russell Wilson made teams comfortable with taking shorter Quarterbacks. He went 3rd round, Baker went 1st overall and Cleveland seems happy with it. 

He's not unproven, you literally have 3 years worth of film to go through, you see growth and potential. His mental make up is something we dont know about because obviously we cannot just talk to him but Douglas will do a great job in finding out that aspect.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That's the natural progression of evolution but overall those guys have paved the way for guys like Wilson same way Russell Wilson made teams comfortable with taking shorter Quarterbacks. He went 3rd round, Baker went 1st overall and Cleveland seems happy with it. 

He's not unproven, you literally have 3 years worth of film to go through, you see growth and potential. His mental make up is something we dont know about because obviously we cannot just talk to him but Douglas will do a great job in finding out that aspect.

He wasn't a captain at BYU. That says something.,