2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

4 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

What do people think about the following :

- Trade of #2 to Carolina for #8, first round next year, 3rd round this year.

- #8 (Pitts), #23 (best CB or edge)

- #32 (RB or interior OL)

I love Pitts but who is throwing him the ball?

Outside of the 3 obvious CB’s in round 1, there may not be a worthy prospect there. Edge, maybe.

I am not a fan at RB at 23 or 34 this year. I think we will get a decent starter in FA and a rook in round 3.  IOL there will be a good prospect but it will be highly dependent on who we sign in FA. 

27 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

I would demand more than that if Carolina were coming up to #2. For me it’s a minimum of 1st, 2nd this year and 1st, 3rd next year. But even then if rather Wilson or Fields anyway. 

Hypotheticlaly though;

#8- Pitts, #23 Horn, #32 Wyatt/Harris.  Sounds nice but still have the issue at qb which is something that needs addressing with that 2nd pick in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

I’d make them pay more. But I can definitely see Carolina as one of the favorites in a trade back 

1 hour ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

Pitts is my dream first rounder. 
Careful though not a lot of Darnold believers left on the board...

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I would demand more than that if Carolina were coming up to #2. For me it’s a minimum of 1st, 2nd this year and 1st, 3rd next year. But even then if rather Wilson or Fields anyway. 

Hypotheticlaly though;

#8- Pitts, #23 Horn, #32 Wyatt/Harris.  Sounds nice but still have the issue at qb which is something that needs addressing with that 2nd pick in my opinion. 

I wonder if we trade up enough to grab one of the top 3 CBs .... using 2nd round(we get from Car .... if we

can get 2nd instead of 3rd. Or the 2 3rds we would have .... our own plus carolina .....  Getting one of the 3 CBs seems like a priority in the 13 to 18 range of draft.  As for QB .... this is always the big trade off.  Using this year to acquire players who improve the team of a QB drafted next year ... also gives us 1 year to evaluate Darnold with more weapons (Pitts plus RB/IOL/OT with the 2nd round pick).  A lot of this depends on what we can truly get from Carolina in this first place.

1 hour ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

I wonder if we trade up enough to grab one of the top 3 CBs .... using 2nd round(we get from Car .... if we

can get 2nd instead of 3rd. Or the 2 3rds we would have .... our own plus carolina .....  Getting one of the 3 CBs seems like a priority in the 13 to 18 range of draft.  As for QB .... this is always the big trade off.  Using this year to acquire players who improve the team of a QB drafted next year ... also gives us 1 year to evaluate Darnold with more weapons (Pitts plus RB/IOL/OT with the 2nd round pick).  A lot of this depends on what we can truly get from Carolina in this first place.

I’m just of the opinion that if your picking #2 and you have a question mark at qb and there’s two high level talents to pick from you need to get one. We have enough cap space and remaining picks to make this team a competitive one. 

A few possible trades that were rumoured were Darnold and #23 for Denver’s #9. Also our #34 and Sam for WFT #20.  That’s a way to get up the draft board in the 1st to get a falling talent perhaps (Pitts at #9) or one of the other top cbs at #20 or #23. 

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’m just of the opinion that if your picking #2 and you have a question mark at qb and there’s two high level talents to pick from you need to get one. We have enough cap space and remaining picks to make this team a competitive one. 

A few possible trades that were rumoured were Darnold and #23 for Denver’s #9. Also our #34 and Sam for WFT #20.  That’s a way to get up the draft board in the 1st to get a falling talent perhaps (Pitts at #9) or one of the other top cbs at #20 or #23.