Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

This discussion is a little silly (well, its and Internet message board so no surprise there). There are groups of people with two different opinions. Both are rational enough. What is the big deal about trying to convince someone else to change their opinion? After you have stated your opinion and backed it up as much as you can I don't understand the continual effort to change the opinion of the other side. Maybe it just isn't as important to me what other people think as it is to some other people. 

As I stated before, it would be an easy decision for me to go with Case. He has shown to be a real gamer. That said, I am perfectly okay with others disagreeing. In the end, I was reasonably confident that it was an easy decision for Zimmer too and his is the only opinion that matters. Whenever Zim makes the switch, I will be fully behind Bridgewater and I would expect Case to be too.

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Whenever Zim makes the switch, I will be fully behind Bridgewater and I would expect Case to be too.

As I think most here agree...but like I said yesterday, ride the wave.  Once it seems that we're on the backside of the wave, then I'm okay with pulling the trigger...but, with Case starting this week, that means he's starting the next 2.  The first chance we'll have to see Teddy is at Atlanta...and that might be the most appropriate.  

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

umm... didn't you just chastise others for repeatedly stating their opinions, and then repeated yours?

lol

No, I never chastised anyone for repeating their statements.  I referenced their statements in defending mine.  

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

umm... didn't you just chastise others for repeatedly stating their opinions, and then repeated yours?

lol

:P

I wanted to add something about the topic. So I repeated myself. I hope that it didn't come across as strongly as chastising though. The intent was more to poke fun at the ridiculousness on Internet message boards sometimes.

Maybe I should repeat myself now so I am on topic :P  I apologize. It won't hurt my feelings if a mod wants to delete any of my posts.

Keenum is winning, which isn’t a quarterback stat but which sure as hell is relevant to whether a guy should be on the field. So Keenum continues, until he gives the Vikings a reason to make a change. It’s a cannon with only one ball, and they need to pick the right time to fire it. During a recent visit to PFT Live, Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy compared the situation to the ’72 Dolphins, who knew when to replace backup Earl Morrall with starter Bob Griese after Morrall won 11 straight games.

The Vikings, like the Dolphins 45 years ago, have a single shot to make the right call. If they go with Bridgewater and he struggles, it will be hard to go back to Keenum. So they’ll need to stick with Keenum until he struggles. If he ever does. Whatever happens the rest of the way, things will get very interesting in 2018, when Keenum, Bridgewater, and Bradford each become free agents. With all presumably hoping to play, the Vikings ultimately may be able to keep only one of them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/vikings-made-the-right-call-with-case-keenum/

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

another thing getting lost in this debate...

Sam who...?

can you believe how well we're doing with our backup qb's?

what other NFL teams, besides Green Bay and Houston are playing their second string signal caller? how they doing?

Technically he is the third. Or, at least it sounds better that way ;)

I'm going to sing a different tune about the Vikings:

For once, I'm just going to trust the process. I think Zimmer, Shurmur, Spielman and Co have earned our trust. If they think Keenum should remain the starter, then more power to them. If they turn around and say it's Teddy Time, then let's rock and roll. End of the day, all I want is a Vikings win.

now if I only I could remember this during the heat of the moment! haha!

34 minutes ago, Klomp said:

If that was the case, I don't think he'd be active on game day.

I’m not saying as a health issue. Maybe just as an overall QB. Head not there, not making right reads in practice, rushing things, not the same mobility to make him the same QB he was becoming. 

Maybe he is just farther along that Slater and more trustworthy to step in as the QB before him.

12 minutes ago, Klomp said:

If that was the case, I don't think he'd be active on game day.

I think Teddy is 100% ready from a physical stand point, that's why Teddy is active on game day (ahead of Sloter).

Doesn't mean Teddy is ahead of Case, for the time being.

A win by Case, likely means the ball keep rolling with Case, a loss by Case doesn't even necessarily mean Teddy is injected in the starter.

Media outlets, have essentially said this week, this was the decision that needed to be made by Zimmer, especially since Teddy hasn't shown that much in his previous body of work and there is a lot of risk starting Teddy his he is a bit of an unknown at the moment.

Archived