Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

18 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

This discussion is a little silly (well, its and Internet message board so no surprise there). There are groups of people with two different opinions. Both are rational enough. What is the big deal about trying to convince someone else to change their opinion? After you have stated your opinion and backed it up as much as you can I don't understand the continual effort to change the opinion of the other side. Maybe it just isn't as important to me what other people think as it is to some other people. 

As I stated before, it would be an easy decision for me to go with Case. He has shown to be a real gamer. That said, I am perfectly okay with others disagreeing. In the end, I was reasonably confident that it was an easy decision for Zimmer too and his is the only opinion that matters. Whenever Zim makes the switch, I will be fully behind Bridgewater and I would expect Case to be too.

To answer your question: the internet is about as cheap a form of entertainment as anyone has ever come up with.  Certainly much cheaper than those damnable magic: the gathering (aka tragic: the bankruptcy) cards I have dumped a small fortune into!

18 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

This discussion is a little silly (well, its and Internet message board so no surprise there).

Well, I think that the whole debate about the comparative stats and skill sets of Case and Teddy is kind of pointless, at least in terms of who should be starting at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Teddy Bridgewater: "Whatever the plan is, I'm all for it." 

?: http://mnvkn.gs/dxvxEV

Teddy always says the right thing!  He has to be one of the best locker room influences in the history of professional football!  No schism!!

Bridgewater:   "Case is doing a great job. He’s competing, he’s doing everything that the coaching staff is asking of him, and I couldn’t be any happier for him. For now, I’m excited watching Case light up the scoreboard. Four touchdowns last week, that’s very impressive, especially on the road. So I’m very excited, excited to be a part of this offense, excited to be in the quarterback room that I’m in. Whoever’s in there, our goal is to push each other. Case is in there, and I’m going to do whatever I can to push him – whether it’s being a second pair of eyes for him on the sideline or in the film room or on the practice field. That’s what I want to do, because at the end of the day, it’s about making this team better. And if we’re having solid quarterback play from that position, then obviously the team’s doing something well.”

“I feel like I’m out there. I’m taking mental reps, sharpening my game from a mental standpoint. We’re playing good football on offense, good football on defense, all three phases. For me, it’s all about being patient, continuing to just trust the process and standing behind whoever’s in there. This isn’t about me. It’s about us. We’re sitting in a good position right now, pushing for the playoffs, hopefully home-field advantage or something like that. So we can’t take the attention away from that. We’re playing great football, and I pray that we can continue to just keep getting better. We have a great group of guys, we’re doing everything that the coaching staff is asking, and it’s showing. Those guys are flying around making plays, and it’s exciting, being on the sideline watching those guys perform a high level.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Bridgewater-Were-Playing-Good-Football-Right-Now-What-Else-Could-You-Ask-For-/8fc84a6b-ce3b-45fe-a9b1-c4ae299be05d?sf173447471=1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Bridgewater:   "Case is doing a great job. He’s competing, he’s doing everything that the coaching staff is asking of him, and I couldn’t be any happier for him. For now, I’m excited watching Case light up the scoreboard. Four touchdowns last week, that’s very impressive, especially on the road. So I’m very excited, excited to be a part of this offense, excited to be in the quarterback room that I’m in. Whoever’s in there, our goal is to push each other. Case is in there, and I’m going to do whatever I can to push him – whether it’s being a second pair of eyes for him on the sideline or in the film room or on the practice field. That’s what I want to do, because at the end of the day, it’s about making this team better. And if we’re having solid quarterback play from that position, then obviously the team’s doing something well.”

“I feel like I’m out there. I’m taking mental reps, sharpening my game from a mental standpoint. We’re playing good football on offense, good football on defense, all three phases. For me, it’s all about being patient, continuing to just trust the process and standing behind whoever’s in there. This isn’t about me. It’s about us. We’re sitting in a good position right now, pushing for the playoffs, hopefully home-field advantage or something like that. So we can’t take the attention away from that. We’re playing great football, and I pray that we can continue to just keep getting better. We have a great group of guys, we’re doing everything that the coaching staff is asking, and it’s showing. Those guys are flying around making plays, and it’s exciting, being on the sideline watching those guys perform a high level.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Bridgewater-Were-Playing-Good-Football-Right-Now-What-Else-Could-You-Ask-For-/8fc84a6b-ce3b-45fe-a9b1-c4ae299be05d?sf173447471=1

Teddy has a truly genuine character. His words are genuine, not for show or political correctness; refreshing!

17 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Like I said,  There was no point in even considering Bridgewater right now.    A lot of the armchair QB's on this site that were calling for Bridgewater can wait to do that until Keenum starts to fail.    My hope is that we don't see Bridgewater at all this year.  

Bridgewater: “I’m just continuing to be a great teammate, motivating the guys. We’re playing great football right now, what else could you ask for?  I’m just going to continue to trust the process.”

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-QB-Teddy-Bridgewater-I-can-pick-up-right-where-my-dream-left-off-110588885

10 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

Like I said,  There was no point in even considering Bridgewater right now.    A lot of the armchair QB's on this site that were calling for Bridgewater can wait to do that until Keenum starts to fail.    My hope is that we don't see Bridgewater at all this year.  

That's what those of us that want to see Bridgewater have been doing - pointing out a lot of the mistakes and poor play that Keenum has exhibited, despite the W/L record.

I feel that if Teddy is inevitably going to be the starter, you make the switch when he's healthy. He's healthy now. Getting hot midseason is pointless in my mind, just look at last year's team. We want to finish strong not cool off.

If the feeling is that Teddy is not the inevitable starter, stay the course with Keenum, which likely means he's getting the "Mike Glennon" contract to be next year's starter. And in that scenario, were probably drafting a new QB as Teddy walks.

so which scenario plays out? What is ideal?

Archived