Lebron's 2017 & 2018 Finals

RandyMossIsBoss

48 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Yeah and Kobe/MJ are more interesting because of their mentality.  

While I agree a LeBron final season documentary wouldn't be that interesting, Kobe's final season wouldn't be either. His last game was iconic but the rest of that season was absolute garbage.

31 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

While I agree a LeBron final season documentary wouldn't be that interesting, Kobe's final season wouldn't be either. His last game was iconic but the rest of that season was absolute garbage.

Thinking more of a MJ type series that follows his career.  There’d be so many different angles to touch on.  

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Yeah and Kobe/MJ are more interesting because of their mentality.  

MJ is totally different than the other two. Again, we got to live a large part of Kobe and LeBron's careers during the social media and YouTube era. Kobe's tragic death will make his documentary enticing to many but if that didn't happen, then his documentary wouldn't mean much to those outside of Lakers fans. M's situation is truly one of a kind and releasing it 20 years after the final Bulls season is something no other player will ever do. 

• Like 1

We'll definitely get an LBJ fluff piece just like we got with this glorified MJ fluff piece (still amazing doc, but let's be real, that's what it was) and he'll get a ton of hate for it. People will compare the doc, I'm talking the storytelling, sound track, all of that, to the MJ doc because why not, and it will be hilarious. Lebron has the reputation of making everything about himself (The Decision), while MJ doesn't. I don't know, or care to really delve into, whether MJ was/is the same, just as much or as little a ME ME ME guy as Lebron... but one's thing for sure, there isn't a perception (at least 20 years after his playing days) that MJ is that kind of guy, not among the masses at least. So only the Lebron stans/MJ haters are really getting bent out of shape out of the fact that this doc was a fluff piece, which gets easily drowned out by everyone drooling over the doc. Won't go over as well for Lebron since the MJ fans and Lebron haters, particularly the latter, are much larger in size, "copying MJ", "there he goes again making himself look good". I'm ready for it either way.

The Kobe doc might be more raw since he won't be able to control the editing room (RIP) the way MJ did or how Lebron will. Not saying any doc will paint him poorly, but I think we'll get a very authentic look at his approach to the game.

I'm all for it. Give us the doc for Tim Duncan, Dirk, Kidd, Iverson, Malone..etc. The MJ doc was great, takeaway the exclusive last dance footage and it's still a great doc. Tell the story of MJ, interview various important figures in that story, interview the man himself to get a peak into his psyche. Milk this ESPN, please!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We'll definitely get an LBJ fluff piece just like we got with this glorified MJ fluff piece (still amazing doc, but let's be real, that's what it was) and he'll get a ton of hate for it. People will compare the doc, I'm talking the storytelling, sound track, all of that, to the MJ doc because why not, and it will be hilarious. Lebron has the reputation of making everything about himself (The Decision), while MJ doesn't. I don't know, or care to really delve into, whether MJ was/is the same, just as much or as little a ME ME ME guy as Lebron... but one's thing for sure, there isn't a perception (at least 20 years after his playing days) that MJ is that kind of guy, not among the masses at least. So only the Lebron stans/MJ haters are really getting bent out of shape out of the fact that this doc was a fluff piece, which gets easily drowned out by everyone drooling over the doc. Won't go over as well for Lebron since the MJ fans and Lebron haters, particularly the latter, are much larger in size, "copying MJ", "there he goes again making himself look good". I'm ready for it either way.

The Kobe doc might be more raw since he won't be able to control the editing room (RIP) the way MJ did or how Lebron will. Not saying any doc will paint him poorly, but I think we'll get a very authentic look at his approach to the game.

I'm all for it. Give us the doc for Tim Duncan, Dirk, Kidd, Iverson, Malone..etc. The MJ doc was great, takeaway the exclusive last dance footage and it's still a great doc. Tell the story of MJ, interview various important figures in that story, interview the man himself to get a peak into his psyche. Milk this ESPN, please!

I don't think it's much of a fluff piece tbh. I think it tries to be, but ultimately what shines through more than anything is to remind us all that MJ is the worlds biggest *******.

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't think it's much of a fluff piece tbh. I think it tries to be, but ultimately what shines through more than anything is to remind us all that MJ is the worlds biggest *******.

But it successfully convinced people that his douchebaggery was the key to winning and if you disagree you’re a snowflake *****.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

This doesn't really have anything to do with the 2017 and 2018 finals, but one thing that hurts LeBron in the GOAT conversation is that his own peers don't even think for the most part that he was better than Kobe. You have guys that competed against both that will say Kobe is better. Forget being better than Jordan, LeBron doesn't even have the blessings from his peers of being the best in his era. 

Anybody that thinks Kobe's peak approaches LeBron's, or that Kobe had a greater career, is a dumbass.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

But it successfully convinced people that his douchebaggery was the key to winning and if you disagree you’re a snowflake *****.

Yeah, that was dumb. It wasn't the talent or the coaching, it was MJ being an ******* that made them champions!

• Like 4

On 5/6/2020 at 10:42 PM, dtait93 said:

I consider it for what it is.

2 Finals losses.

1-8 record in those series.

His primary defensive assignment won Finals MVP twice.

The passing of the torch from Lebron to Durant as the best player in the game in a large portion of the sports worlds eyes.

In game 3 of the 2017 Finals his team was in position to win with 1:24 left and up by 4. He failed to close the deal. The Slim Reaper scored 7 straight and put Lebron in the coffin.

In game 1 of the 2018 Finals he still had the opportunity to win in OT. He shot 0/4, had 0 assists, and was -10. In game 3 his team was very much alive only down 1 with 1:57 left and he didn’t get it done.

3 extremely winnable games that would have atleast made those Finals interesting. Both series could easily have been tied 2-2. Instead we got a gentleman’s sweep and a clean sweep. I commend him for putting up incredible stats, but he didn’t get it done in crunch time. Dented legacy.

This post sucks.

Can you imagine if LeBron James was on that Warriors team instead of Durant? 

I was waiting to see what fool would post about his finals record and act like it's his fault. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This post sucks.

Can you imagine if LeBron James was on that Warriors team instead of Durant? 

I was waiting to see what fool would post about his finals record and act like it's his fault. 

If if’s and but’s were beers and nuts we could all have a party.

Let’s discuss what actually happened instead of that nonsense you typed up.

Can you explain what happened in game 3 of the 2017 Finals when he was up by 4 with 84 seconds left but failed to close the deal?

Or 0/4, 2 points, 0 assists, and -10 in OT of game 1 in the 2018 Finals?

On 5/23/2020 at 9:16 PM, dtait93 said:

If if’s and but’s were beers and nuts we could all have a party.

Let’s discuss what actually happened instead of that nonsense you typed up.

Can you explain what happened in game 3 of the 2017 Finals when he was up by 4 with 84 seconds left but failed to close the deal?

Or 0/4, 2 points, 0 assists, and -10 in OT of game 1 in the 2018 Finals?

‘18 game god for bid Cavs other players couldn’t help a lebron who carried the entire Load the whole game. Took James scoring 51pts to get to OT. Hell Lebron was the only Cavs players to score double digit pts in the 2nd half of that game. GSW has 3 I believe. Let’s not act like Lebron didn’t need to own in the 4th to get it to OT. 

‘17 game your talking about. Pretty sure In that game, the Cavs had a wide open korver who bricks a shot he prolly makes 9/10x. Instead of a 5pt lead it stays at 2 and on the scramble, KD get a heart breaking transition 3. Also pretty sure James and Irving played the entire 2nd half. Actually Irving played all 24mins and James only sat for 30secs. While KD didn’t enter into 9:30 mark. Kerr was able to stagger his line ups. Cleveland wasn’t god for bid guy who played in 8 straight NBA finals wasn’t wearing out a lot bit with out teammates showing up. Irving had a pretty awful ‘17 finals. 

lets kill lebron cause he had battles against the best teams in the league. You look at MJ and Kobe. When their teams made the finals they were the best teams in the league. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

‘18 game god for bid Cavs other players couldn’t help a lebron who carried the entire Load the whole game. Took James scoring 51pts to get to OT. Hell Lebron was the only Cavs players to score double digit pts in the 2nd half of that game. GSW has 3 I believe. Let’s not act like Lebron didn’t need to own in the 4th to get it to OT. 

Lol no he didn't. Love and JR gave him a combined 16/7/3 in the first quarter, Nance gave him 8/7 off the bench in the 2nd, Lebron carried the 3rd, and then his bench gave him double digits in the 4th. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

‘17 game your talking about. Pretty sure In that game, the Cavs had a wide open korver who bricks a shot he prolly makes 9/10x. Instead of a 5pt lead it stays at 2 and on the scramble, KD get a heart breaking transition 3. Also pretty sure James and Irving played the entire 2nd half. Actually Irving played all 24mins and James only sat for 30secs. While KD didn’t enter into 9:30 mark. Kerr was able to stagger his line ups. Cleveland wasn’t god for bid guy who played in 8 straight NBA finals wasn’t wearing out a lot bit with out teammates showing up. Irving had a pretty awful ‘17 finals. 

Oh ok so now it's Korver's fault for blowing the game? Lol ok. KD got the transition 3, and all Lebron did to answer was get his game tying 3 blocked by Iguodala. And really? He was too tired? Too tired after 3 days of rest? Excuse after excuse.

And 29/4/4 on 47% from the field (for reference Curry shot 44%) and 42% from 3 (Curry 39%) is awful?

This narrative that he had nothing in 2017 is ridiculous. Kyrie went 29/4/4, Love went 16/11 - and while yes he overall shot poorly from the field, he still shot much better than his matchup (Draymond) and ended up shooting very effective from 3 at 39% - and JR also chipped in double digits while shooting 58% from 3. He had plenty enough to at the very least avoid a gentleman's sweep.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

lets kill lebron cause he had battles against the best teams in the league. You look at MJ and Kobe. When their teams made the finals they were the best teams in the league. 

Not even killing him tbh. We were asked how we view his 2017 and 2018 Finals. I view it as great box scores to stuff the Excel spreadsheets, but he lost, and shouldn't have lost as badly as he did.

49 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

shouldn't have lost as badly as he did.

Says who? The Cavs were clear underdogs and the Warriors are one of the best dynasties ever. 

Oh and HE didn't lose. The Cavs lost. They were expected to lose. The fact that he even won the Cavs a title vs the Warriors is a miracle. 

But, sure, LeBron "haters" (for lack of a better word) put unrealistic standards on an all-time great. He elevated a ****ty franchise to heights they'll never see again. He's got a shot to win a title with a 3rd franchise as the lead dog...at 35/36. 

Edited by beekay414