Your Top 25 TV Shows Ever

TakeTheBallDeep

Ok everyone please feel free to comment and list your Top 25 TV shows of all time. Please note I haven’t seen a lot of popular shows like Mad Men, Peaky Blinders, House of Cards, The Ranch,  Parks and Rec, etc. I’m not boycotting them, just haven’t taken the time yet. 

I went Top 40 and will probably make some changes because I know I’ve forgotten some. Feel free to include any type of shows. 

1. Seinfeld 

2. The Office 

3. Justified 

4. The Sopranos 

5. Breaking Bad

6. The Wire

7. Deadwood 

8. The Killing 

9. Dexter 

10. True Detective Season 1 

11. Trailer Park Boys 

12. Mindhunter 

13. Lonesome Dove 

14. Longmire 

15. Sons of Anarchy 

16. Criminal Minds 

17. How I Met Your Mother 

18. Law & Order - Criminal Intent 

19. Curb Your Enthusiasm 

20. Game Of Thrones (Only 1/3 of the way done)

21. Godless 

22. Bar Rescue (I know a lot of it is set up, but I enjoy Taffer yelling at people lol)

23. Chernobyl 

24. Dual Survival 

25. Yellowstone 

26. Planet Earth 

27. Two and a Half Men

28. The Simpsons 

29. The Punisher 

30. Ozark (Still need to watch Seasons 2-3)

31. Entourage 

32. King of the Hill

33. Happy Days 

34. Whose Line is it Anyway?

35. American Chopper 

36. Married With Children

37. The Wonder Years 

38. Home Improvement 

39. The Price Is Right 

40. Boy Meets World 

Think this should be fun since most are in quarantine and Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu are probably getting a workout haha 

1. Breaking Bad

2. The Whitest Kids You Know

3. Death Note

4. Fargo

5. Flight of the Conchords

6. Better Call Saul

7. Curb Your Enthusiasm

8. South Park

9. The Office

10. Game of Thrones

11. Documentary Now!

12. Seinfeld

13. The Mandalorian

14. The Boys

15. Schitts Creek

16. Portlandia

17.Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

18. MST3000

19. Beavis and Butthead

20. Haunting of Hill House

21. Twilight Zone

22. Upright Citizens Brigade

23. Heroes

24. Golden Girls

25. What we do in the Shadows

Edited by Malfatron

The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Saturday Night Live
Everyone Loves Raymond
American Pickers
Chappelle's Show
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
South Park
This Old House
Home Improvement
True Detective Season 1
Parks and Recreation
Ink Master
Bob's Burgers
Duck Tales
Breaking Bad
SpongeBob SquarePants
30 Rock
Impractical Jokers
In Living Color
Saved by the Bell
Modern Family
Who's Line is it Anyway
The Office
Baywatch

Did not include late night talk shows but some might include them, shows like The Daily Show and LastWeekTonight with John Oliver are amazing but I consider that more comedy news than a TV show. SNL to be is much different obviously than a late night talk show.  

Never really got into many binge shows on Netflix or Showtime or whatever.  Watched a few like Breaking Bad and True Detective 1, 2 and 3 but there are many I just simply have not seen or really want to see.  All the CSI, doctor, lawyer TV crap I have never got into really.  

Fact is The Simpsons, Seinfeld and Everyone Loves Raymond are the most rewatchable TV shows in history I feel.  Amazing comedy and one can watch them hundreds of times and it does not get old because it is still funny.  Some shows you rewatch it and the thing is flat out awful, that is a real tell of how good or funny something is. 

1. Dukes of Hazzard

2. Baywatch

3. Baywatch Nights

4. Spartacus

5. Top Gear

6. Son of the Beach

7. Taxi

8. WKRP

9. Fall Guy

10. Overhaulin

11. Wrench Wars

12. Sanford and Son

13. Mash

14. Night Court

15. Mr. Belvedere

16. Saved By The Bell

17. Mamas Family

18. Game of Thrones

19. Married With Children

20. Threes Company

21. Alice

22. Mork and Mindy

23. Happy Days

24. The Jeffersons

25. All in the Family

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

1. Dukes of Hazzard

2. Baywatch

3. Baywatch Nights

4. Spartacus

5. Top Gear

6. Son of the Beach

7. Taxi

8. WKRP

9. Fall Guy

10. Overhaulin

11. Wrench Wars

12. Sanford and Son

13. Mash

14. Night Court

15. Mr. Belvedere

16. Saved By The Bell

17. Mamas Family

18. Game of Thrones

19. Married With Children

20. Threes Company

21. Alice

22. Mork and Mindy

23. Happy Days

24. The Jeffersons

25. All in the Family

Baywatch I have on my list as well just on the pure historic aspects of the show.  I mean that type of content was insane at that time, not very common but now it is all over TV.   Not to mention I remember that show was on after morning cartoons on channel 9!  Probably was awful for the society but come on, as a young male that was pretty amazing.  

9671d187b745fdd756ff63f1f2e78b2c.jpg

JjcvgH.gif

I did find this funny from an article about "8 TV Shows That Owe Their Longevity To Boobs".  Was about VIP, but must say Thunder in Paradise was a cooler idea than VIP.  Why the hell wasn't Pamela on Thunder in Paradise, that would have rocked.  

"V.I.P. lasted four seasons despite the plot of every single episode being "fake bodyguard Pamela bumbles another investigation, but her boob almost pops out so it's all good."
"The budget on leather pants and latex jumpsuits probably cost the production company a fortune. "  

I must say I did include mine partly for comedy alone because it is pretty funny to consider Baywatch some amazing TV show.  These two were never actually on the show together correct?

BW_Pamela_Anderson_019.jpg

Oh wait only in some stupid Hawaiian episode TV movie thing. Still nuts that kind of longevity for a show like that but as the article says......

MV5BMTQzNDIyMTE1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgy

1.  Seinfeld  -   Honestly, it may not ACTUALLY be number 1 for me anymore, but its been such a big part of my life for so long, I dont have the heart to change it.

2.  Arrested Development (original 3 seasons)  -  Just such a groundbreaking and clever show that has layers upon layers upon layers of comedy.    One of the smartest comedies ever.

3.  Married with Children -   People always claim Seinfeld was the show that really broke the mold, but Married with Children destroyed the mold.    Honestly, this show has aged better than Seinfeld IMO, if only because it spits in the face of our current rampant PC culture, which has destroyed modern comedy.

4.   Chappelle's Show -   Another show that could never be on TV today, but one of the funniest shows ever by one of the funniest people ever.

5.   The Wire  -   Not usually a big fan of cop dramas, but The Wire is just a special show with amazing depth and character development.

6.  South Park -   Just a ruthless show that doesnt care if it offends people TO THIS DAY.  Love Trey and Matt.

7,    Batman: The Animated Series  -  This could honestly be higher.   One of the best animated shows ever and the main reason I am a Batman fanboy.    Such an amazing show that can appeal to both kids and adults.   I loved this show from a young age because it didnt treat kids like they were morons, and had a perfect balance of mature themes and lightheartedness.   

8.   24  -   The first 5 seasons of this show were so amazing, and is my favorite action show ever.     Season 6 through 8 were okay, but it made some stupid decisions, and you can only watch so many moles being in CTU before it gets old.

9.   Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia  -   As you can see, I love crude and offensive comedy.      This show is so underrated.

10.   MadTV  -  At its peak, far more funny and consistent than SNL.

11.   Scrubs

12.  Fresh Prince of Bel Air

13.  XMen The Animated Series

14.   In Living Color

15.   Curb Your Enthusiasm

16.  Archer 

17. Entourage

18.  Family Guy

19.   Animaniacs

20. Boy Meets World

21. The Simpsons (Would be higher based on first 10 seasons.   Has been largely mediocre for 20 years though.)

22.   Dexter  (Would be higher if the last 2-3 seasons didnt piss me off so much)

23.  Prison Break  -  First season was one of the best seasons of TV ever IMO....after that it was it was a mixed bag and never nearly as good as season 1.   Season 1 was so good though, it cracks my list.

24.   Justice League Animated Series

25. Whose Line is it Anyway?

I may have missed a show or 2, but the top ones are right.

Also, while I didnt include any late night comedy talk shows, Late Night with Conan OBrien when he was on NBC after Leno would easily be in my top 10.   

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

1.  Seinfeld  -   Honestly, it may not ACTUALLY be number 1 for me anymore, but its been such a big part of my life for so long, I dont have the heart to change it.

2.  Arrested Development (original 3 seasons)  -  Just such a groundbreaking and clever show that has layers upon layers upon layers of comedy.    One of the smartest comedies ever.

3.  Married with Children -   People always claim Seinfeld was the show that really broke the mold, but Married with Children destroyed the mold.    Honestly, this show has aged better than Seinfeld IMO, if only because it spits in the face of our current rampant PC culture, which has destroyed modern comedy.

4.   Chappelle's Show -   Another show that could never be on TV today, but one of the funniest shows ever by one of the funniest people ever.

5.   The Wire  -   Not usually a big fan of cop dramas, but The Wire is just a special show with amazing depth and character development.

6.  South Park -   Just a ruthless show that doesnt care if it offends people TO THIS DAY.  Love Trey and Matt.

7,    Batman: The Animated Series  -  This could honestly be higher.   One of the best animated shows ever and the main reason I am a Batman fanboy.    Such an amazing show that can appeal to both kids and adults.   I loved this show from a young age because it didnt treat kids like they were morons, and had a perfect balance of mature themes and lightheartedness.   

8.   24  -   The first 5 seasons of this show were so amazing, and is my favorite action show ever.     Season 6 through 8 were okay, but it made some stupid decisions, and you can only watch so many moles being in CTU before it gets old.

9.   Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia  -   As you can see, I love crude and offensive comedy.      This show is so underrated.

10.   MadTV  -  At its peak, far more funny and consistent than SNL.

11.   Scrubs

12.  Fresh Prince of Bel Air

13.  XMen The Animated Series

14.   In Living Color

15.   Curb Your Enthusiasm

16.  Archer 

17. Entourage

18.  Family Guy

19.   Animaniacs

20. Boy Meets World

21. The Simpsons (Would be higher based on first 10 seasons.   Has been largely mediocre for 20 years though.)

22.   Dexter  (Would be higher if the last 2-3 seasons didnt piss me off so much)

23.  Prison Break  -  First season was one of the best seasons of TV ever IMO....after that it was it was a mixed bag and never nearly as good as season 1.   Season 1 was so good though, it cracks my list.

24.   Justice League Animated Series

25. Whose Line is it Anyway?

I may have missed a show or 2, but the top ones are right.

Also, while I didnt include any late night comedy talk shows, Late Night with Conan OBrien when he was on NBC after Leno would easily be in my top 10.   

To me Seinfeld is absolutely rewatchable, Married with Children I can barely watch an episode I have seen already.  It is just not that clever and not that consistently funny.  Seinfeld has so many stories going at once along with so many good one liners.  Married with Children has very few classic moments or memorable one liners.  Same with The Simpsons with being rewatchable, sure it is not as strong currently but just the fact they are still turning out content when no TV show on with the same characters is doing what they have done for as long as they have done it.  It is insane what The Simpsons has done, granted is a little easier with animation because as long as the voice is similar to the same the character can stay the same age where that is not the case with in person TV shows.

I did like those Batman cartoons, but Duck Tales to me is a better and has more solid episodes.  I can still watch those now and be entertained by all their cool adventures.  

I agree Chappelle Show is absolutely classic, but I disagree if it was around they could easily show it on TV.  No reason they cannot, they show worse stuff now and with Showtime and everything, there is little to no limitations there so if it would not work for basic cable it could just go to that.  They did end at the right time though, doubt they could have kept up that level of production and quality.  So back again to how impressive The Simpsons longevity has been.

In terms of MadTV, Will Sasso and Keegan Michael Key were amazing.  The Coach Hines character could rival any character on SNL, and Will with the Van Damme character and Kenny Rogers Jackass could rival anything on SNL as well.  Yamanashi in those Coach Hines skits was amazing also, great how they played off each other and it was a constant funny point.  But to say it has more consistency over time compared to SNL is simply wrong, you take out those big players on MadTV and it absolutely sucked.  They did not have a good consistent cast and once the stars left they could not fill the void where SNL is constantly filling that void with new people and new talent.  So longevity SNL absolutely dominates MadTV which is not even a thing anymore and has not been for awhile.  Odd thing is can one even watch those old MadTV episodes in any fashion if they wanted to?  

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Baywatch I have on my list as well just on the pure historic aspects of the show.  I mean that type of content was insane at that time, not very common but now it is all over TV.   Not to mention I remember that show was on after morning cartoons on channel 9!  Probably was awful for the society but come on, as a young male that was pretty amazing.

Baywatch was so global during its time.  There has never been a bigger show.

And watching some still today. The acting really is as good as anything put out. People knock it like its only about women in swimsuits. But their acting was better than anything youd see in these stupid superhero movies today.

And Dukes of Hazzard... I know it was massive during its run in America. But in South America it was at insane levels when I was a kid. You aint seen nothing until youve seen swarms of black Trinidad kids in school with their Confederate flag Dukes of Hazzard gear. I even had a General Lee Conf Flag trashcan and lunchbox. lol ... Stupid American snowflakes tryin to ruin a brothas childhood. >:(

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

To me Seinfeld is absolutely rewatchable, Married with Children I can barely watch an episode I have seen already.  It is just not that clever and not that consistently funny.  Seinfeld has so many stories going at once along with so many good one liners.  Married with Children has very few classic moments or memorable one liners.

I completely disagree that its not as consistently funny or rewatchable, but its a matter of opinion, so just agree to disagree.

Seinfeld was a lot more mainstream, which is the ONLY reason it has more "classic" moments.   Media hype helped drive those classic moments.    MwC had many many hilarious moments and one liners that were just as goo as Seinfeld, if not BETTER (go to YouTube and watch some of Al Bundy's greatest insults), but since it didnt get nearly as much mainstream attention, it was overlooked alot more.  Seinfeld was more heralded because it was on a major network, and Fox didnt become a major network until late in Married with Children's run.   MwC, along with the Simpsons, helped turn Fox from a rebel, upstart network into a juggernaut.

Same with The Simpsons with being rewatchable, sure it is not as strong currently but just the fact they are still turning out content when no TV show on with the same characters is doing what they have done for as long as they have done it.  It is insane what The Simpsons has done, granted is a little easier with animation because as long as the voice is similar to the same the character can stay the same age where that is not the case with in person TV shows.

Ehh...not that insane considering how much the show has gone downhill.      

If it was still funny, I would agree.     Every time Ive watched new Simpsons episodes over the last 10-15 years, I havent laughed more than once or twice, and just get reminded how much worse the show has gotten.  

Thats my opinion, though.  

I did like those Batman cartoons, but Duck Tales to me is a better and has more solid episodes.  I can still watch those now and be entertained by all their cool adventures.  

Again, complete matter of opinion.   

They are completely different shows and not even really comparable.

If you prefer Duck Tales, power to ya.   

I agree Chappelle Show is absolutely classic, but I disagree if it was around they could easily show it on TV.  No reason they cannot, they show worse stuff now and with Showtime and everything, there is little to no limitations there so if it would not work for basic cable it could just go to that.  They did end at the right time though, doubt they could have kept up that level of production and quality.  So back again to how impressive The Simpsons longevity has been.

It might be able to air on HBO or Showtime....but no chance in hell Comedy Central would put this on today.   Neither would any major cable network.

In terms of MadTV, Will Sasso and Keegan Michael Key were amazing.  The Coach Hines character could rival any character on SNL, and Will with the Van Damme character and Kenny Rogers Jackass could rival anything on SNL as well.  Yamanashi in those Coach Hines skits was amazing also, great how they played off each other and it was a constant funny point.  But to say it has more consistency over time compared to SNL is simply wrong, you take out those big players on MadTV and it absolutely sucked.  They did not have a good consistent cast and once the stars left they could not fill the void where SNL is constantly filling that void with new people and new talent.  So longevity SNL absolutely dominates MadTV which is not even a thing anymore and has not been for awhile.  Odd thing is can one even watch those old MadTV episodes in any fashion if they wanted to?  

I actually agree with pretty much all of this.

MadTV was able to bring in some amazing stars for a time.     Bobby Lee, Key and Peele, Josh Myers, Ike Barinholtz and a few others were awesome additions, but after stars like Sasso, Michael McDonald, Nicole Sullivan, Debra Wilson and Phil Lamarr left, the show wasnt to replace them and it went downhill fast.

Funny thing is, the same thing happened with SNL.   The show dramatically went downhill several times, and IMO, it has never recovered since the mid-late 90s.   After they lost Will Ferrell, thats when it really went downhill IMO.     Sure, they had some decent cast members since, but nothing that can compete with what they had in the mid 90s (Sandler, Farley, McDonald, Ferrell, Nealon, etc...)   SNL has survived because its a classic show on a more reputable network, but SNL has gotten just as bad at times as MadTV was when it was cancelled.     

Edited by FourThreeMafia

All these series have a place in my heart be it from my childhood or when I was growing up. Not ranking them but going as I remembered them. 

1. Sopranos 

2. The Wire 

3. Breaking Bad 

4. Games of thrones even though I hated the last season.

5. Seinfeld 

6. Curb your enthusiasm

7. Spartacus 

8. Walking Dead 

9. Rick and Morty 

10. Chappelle's Show 

11. Entourage  

12. 24 

13. DBZ 

14. In Living Color 

15. Fresh Prince of Belair 

16. He-Men 

17. Lost 

18. Heroes 

19. Teenage mutant ninja turtles 

20. Ballers 

21. MadMen

22. Dead Wood 

23. X-Files 

24. Simpsons 

25. Law & Order 

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I completely disagree that its not as consistently funny or rewatchable, but its a matter of opinion, so just agree to disagree.

Seinfeld was a lot more mainstream, which is the ONLY reason it has more "classic" moments.   Media hype helped drive those classic moments.    MwC had many many hilarious moments and one liners that were just as goo as Seinfeld, if not BETTER (go to YouTube and watch some of Al Bundy's greatest insults), but since it didnt get nearly as much mainstream attention, it was overlooked alot more.  Seinfeld was more heralded because it was on a major network, and Fox didnt become a major network until late in Married with Children's run.   MwC, along with the Simpsons, helped turn Fox from a rebel, upstart network into a juggernaut.

Ehh...not that insane considering how much the show has gone downhill.      

If it was still funny, I would agree.     Every time Ive watched new Simpsons episodes over the last 10-15 years, I havent laughed more than once or twice, and just get reminded how much worse the show has gotten.  

Thats my opinion, though.  

Again, complete matter of opinion.   

They are completely different shows and not even really comparable.

If you prefer Duck Tales, power to ya.   

It might be able to air on HBO or Showtime....but no chance in hell Comedy Central would put this on today.   Neither would any major cable network.

I actually agree with pretty much all of this.

MadTV was able to bring in some amazing stars for a time.     Bobby Lee, Key and Peele, Josh Myers, Ike Barinholtz and a few others were awesome additions, but after stars like Sasso, Michael McDonald, Nicole Sullivan, Debra Wilson and Phil Lamarr left, the show wasnt to replace them and it went downhill fast.

Funny thing is, the same thing happened with SNL.   The show dramatically went downhill several times, and IMO, it has never recovered since the mid-late 90s.   After they lost Will Ferrell, thats when it really went downhill IMO.     Sure, they had some decent cast members since, but nothing that can compete with what they had in the mid 90s (Sandler, Farley, McDonald, Ferrell, Nealon, etc...)   SNL has survived because its a classic show on a more reputable network, but SNL has gotten just as bad at times as MadTV was when it was cancelled.     

Very true once Ferrell left it was a big hole but look who has come since then.  But look at the talent since then, Jimmy Fallon is a superstar now and one great talk show host, not to mention Tina Fey who is absolutely amazing and has become greatly successful since the show.  Will Forte has had success after the show and was damn funny on it, Bill Hader had good success on the show and a lot off of it, Kristen Wig I am not a huge fan of but she was pretty solid on the show.  Jason Sudeikis is a comedy movie star and was amazing on the show, Tracey Morgan obviously has had more success off the show arguably than on it.  Horatio Sanz not as successful off it but was a great cast member.  Nasim Pedrad had done some things off the show but was wildly talented on it and left too soon, she was amazing on the cast.  Andy Samberg was good and has been good off it as well.  Amy Poehler has had great comedy success off the show.  Taran Killam not as successful off it but on it was an absolute star cast member and very funny.  Bobby Moynihan another really funny cast member and see if he can do anything off the show.  Current cast is solid with Kenan Thompson who has been around forever but is really consistent and productive.  Michael Che is funny, so is Colin Jost on Weekend Update.  Kate McKinnon is a start, Cecily Strong is very good and so is Aidy Bryant.  Mikey Day and Alex Moffat are pretty solid as well.  

So sure back in the day they had great stars but based on the success of former cast recently like Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Jason Sudeikis, Amy Poehler etc, they have talented cast members now as well.

I don't think Married with Children struggled because of the Network it was on.  It was funny but honestly after watching it in my youth consistently ahead of better TV shows coming on later.  I cannot really recall 10 good episodes honestly.  Where The Simpsons, Seinfeld and Everyone Loves Raymond have simply hundreds of funny episodes.  Too many to count in my head, that to me is a great TV show and few if any can even come close to that kind of consistently funny success.  But maybe that is just me.  I can rewatch episodes from any of those shows till this day and they are still funny.  And they are all still constantly shown on TV because I am obviously not the only one that thinks that and they can get solid ratings for a show made awhile ago.

Oh and you make a show that runs for over 30 years and never have a down season or two.  Good luck.  Shows can barely stay on 5 years much less 30+.    Everyone is different though so not everyone will think the same, this is just how I view it.  And South Park as well, they are not as funny as they have been in years past.  And really most of their comedy comes from direct movie parodies in the show, and or the absolutely current events.  The Simpson have most of their content not depending on what a stupid celebrity has done recently or literally mimic the entire plot of a successful film and just change it around a little.    

Then again Cops has had a long run but clearly not sure that is a TV show but is freaking awesome.  Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right, Sesame Street, Mister Rogers Neighborhood have been on forever also, but not sure I would watch them consistently like the three I listed because they are simply not entertaining enough.  

Haven't seen some really popular shows like Mad Men, GOT, Better Call Saul, Arrested Development and Mindhunter. On my list Numbers 1-5 are pretty easy and they are shows that I want to watch multiple times.

1. The Office
2. Mr Robot
3. Breaking Bad
4. Seinfeld
5. The Wire
6. Batman (The Animated Series)
7. Parks and Recreation
8. Ozark
9. Friends
10. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
11. ER
12. The Big Bang Theory
13. How I met your Mother
14. That 70's Show
15. Chappelle's Show
16. Family Guy
17. Dexter
18. Ducktales
19. The Soprano's
20. Boy Meet's World
21. Home Improvement
22. Son's of Anarchy
23. True Detective
24. Chuck
25. Stranger Things
26.  Supernatural 

I feel like i'm forgetting something, but for now, i'll go with this

1. Lost
  2. Band of Brothers
  3. 24
  4. Rome
  5. Game of Thrones
  6. Person of Interest
  7. Cheers
  8. The Wire
  9. Burn Notice
  10. House
  11. Seinfeld
  12. Friday Night Lights
  13. Mad Men
  14. Breaking Bad
  15. Friends
  16. Brooklyn 99
  17. The Mentalist
  18. ER
  19. Chuck
  20. Peaky Blinders
  21. The Mandalorian
  22. Sons of Anarchy
  23. Homeland
  24. One Tree Hill
  25. The Rookie
  • Like 1

1. Lost
  2. 24
  3. X-Files
  4. GoT
  5. Person of Interest
  6. Scrubs
  7. Quantum Leap
  8. Arrested Development 
  9. The Last Kingdom
  10. Moonlighting
  11. Bosch
  12. The Mandalorian
  13. Parks and Recs
  14. Seinfeld
  15. Curb Your Enthusiasm 
  16. Breaking Bad
  17. Dexter
  18. Simon + Simon
  19. Deadwood
  20. Shameless
  21. Spartacus
  22. Cheers
  23. The Blacklist
  24. It's Always Sunny
  25. How I Met your Mother

Many others that could be on the list. Most that are not are either momentarily forgotten.. or evolved into something I greatly disliked along the way. Looking at you: TwD, the Shield, Ozark, etc.. and then some that were solid but vastly overrated imo (The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, etc)..