The X Files

Fringe

Person of Interest

Sex Education

Seinfeld

Dragon Ball

The Fresh Prince

Modern Family

Haven't watched but probably would be in my top shows: Stranger Things, The Wire, Ozark, Narcos, Sopranos, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Homeland, Rick and Morty, Death Note, ER, Friday Night Lights, 24, Sons of Anarchy, Brooklyn 99, Community, Parks and Recreation

Edited by DoleINGout

1. The Office

2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

3. King of Queens

4. The Jeffersons

5. Lost

6. Martin

7. Friday Night Lights

8. Rome

9. The Witcher

10. Friends

11. South Park

12. Family Guy

13. Chapelle Show

14. Eric Andre Show

15. Nathan For You

16. Workaholics

17. Broad City

18. Pen15

19. Married With Children

20. Brisco Country Jr

21. Saved by The Bell

22. The OC

23. Good Morning Football

24. Eastbound and Down

25. Wondershowzen

OK.....This took a while, but my list is

Index of /media/work.src

1.  The Wire - I think it is the best series ever produced.

2.  Better Call Saul - Season 5 pushed it ahead of B.B.

3.  Breaking Bad - You're %od d#mn right.

4.  Ozark - Wow, just wow.  Great series, and I love Laura Linney's work.

5.  The Rockford Files - This is very likely my number one series.  Love rooting for the underdog, and Jim Rockford is always the underdog.

6.  M*A*S*H - Just an absolutely iconic series.

7.  Detectorists - Absolutely LOVE this dry, witty series.  The first 2 seasons are on Prime.  All 3 are on AcornTV (where many of my choices are located) Focuses on two British gents who are, in fact, metal detectorists.

8.  Law and Order - The original, and I think it is great.

9.  Midsomer Murders - A great British detective series.  One great thing about most British detective programs is that they generally run about 80 minutes in length, allowing for much more depth in all of the characters.  Beautiful scenery.

10.  The Walking Dead - I know not everyone likes it, but I love the series.  Loved the graphic novels as well.

11.  Sopranos -  "Those who want respect give respect."  Right, Richie?   

12.  Monty Python's Flying Circus - What a brilliant group of men.  They are still making people laugh, almost 50 years later.

13.  Hogan's Heroes (See what I did there?)  This is my guilty pleasure show

14.  The Twilight Zone (original series) - Plenty of sleepless nights after some of these episodes.

15.  24 - As close to digital "crack" as you're ever going to find.  This was the first series I watched when we got Netflix, and there were several nights where I looked at the clock and realized it was 2:15 a.m., and I had to be up before 6.  Thanks, Jack.

16.  Oz - A powerful look at how people in desperate situations.  Plus I had a huge crush on Rita Moreno when I was a kid.

17.  Foyle's War - A great British detective series, with a UNIQUE twist.  It is set during WW2, so many of the cases are related "homefront" issues during the war.

18.  The Office (US) - If I need to quantify why this is here, why are you reading this thread?

19.  The Andy Griffith Show - I think if more people watched this, we'd be a much more chill society.

20.  The Benny Hill Show  Along with Monty Python and Dave Allen at Large these influenced the hell out of my adolesence.

21.  Wire in the Blood - A REALLY DARK British detective series that deal with some criminals that might make Hanibal Lecter blush a bit.

22.  Bosch - A really gritty detective series, with some really deep cases, and some great storylines for the regular cast.  Plus you get to see Marlo Stanfield (The WIre) as a good guy.

23.  All in the Family - The standard, and it broke down so many barriers. If you don't like it....Stifle!

24.  The Jack Benny Show - A comedic master.  Set the standard for many of his followers.  

25.  Person of Interest - Unique premise.  Loved the twists and turns it took.  Wish it could have gone on longer. 

Honorable mention (in no particular order:)  The Strain, Mindhunter, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, House of Cards, The Shield, The Bob Newhart Show, Laugh-In, Sanford and Son, The Ernie Kovacs Show, Homeland, Dexter, Chapelle Show, Raised by Wolves, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Dragnet, Milennium)

For the record, I have not seen Justified, Mad Men, Chernobyl, Game of Thrones, or Peaky Blinders.  

I just started the British police drama called Line of Duty.  Wow, I'm in the 2nd season and they don't give two flips about who they take out.  It could be on the list before all is said and done.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

No order

Seinfeld

Office

Game Of Thrones

Breaking Bad

Hannibal

Home Improvement

Workaholics

South Park

Big Mouth

Dexter

Spartacus

Friday Night Lights

Homeland

Mindhunter

Bloodline

S1 of True Detective and Westworld

I think these are the only ones I'd rewatch off the top of my head.

• Like 1

this is a hard one jeez

1. Twin Peaks
  2. Fargo
  3. Seinfeld
  4. JJBA
  5. The Blacklist
  6. Jeopardy
  7. Arrested Development
  8. Peep Show
  9. The Chase
  10. The Office
  11. The Simpsons
  12. QI
  13. WILTY
  14. Masterchef Australia
  15. Australia's Have You Been Paying Attention
  16. Raymond
  17. Frasier
  18. NCIS
  19. The King of Queens
  20. Storage Wars
  21. This is Us
  22. Blue Bloods

(will have a think and come back to fill this out later, 25 is quite a hard number and no doubt i'm forgetting shows here and there - yes i am including game shows and reality shows i watch a lot of them hehe)

Edited by Shady Slim

Man. My list is gonna be so different from a lot of people’s on here:

no order because it’s 3AM and I can’t think of an order right now. Just 25 favorites:

The Legend of Korra

Community

Parks and Rec

Rick and Morty

The Office

Game of Thrones

Grey’s Anatomy

Rules of Engagement

Friends

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

That 70s Show

Ozark 

Westworld

This is Us

How I Met Your Mother

The Orville

Bobs Burgers

Brooklyn 99

New Girl

Law and Order SVU

Trial and Error

South Park

The League

White Collar

On 5/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, Ozzy said:

I don't think Married with Children struggled because of the Network it was on.  It was funny but honestly after watching it in my youth consistently ahead of better TV shows coming on later.  I cannot really recall 10 good episodes honestly.  Where The Simpsons, Seinfeld and Everyone Loves Raymond have simply hundreds of funny episodes.  Too many to count in my head, that to me is a great TV show and few if any can even come close to that kind of consistently funny success.  But maybe that is just me.  I can rewatch episodes from any of those shows till this day and they are still funny.  And they are all still constantly shown on TV because I am obviously not the only one that thinks that and they can get solid ratings for a show made awhile ago.

When MwC first came out, Fox was nothing.    If you dont think that didnt effect it early on compared to a show like Seinfeld, I dont know what to tell you.   I honestly think a show like MwC pushed Seinfeld to be raunchier than it may have otherwise been.   When MwC first came on, NBC wouldnt go near humor like that.   It was usually good, wholesome family comedy on NBC.

MwC didnt really struggle until maybe towards the end.   It was on for eleven seasons and was supposed to go at least one more season, but there were issues behind the scenes.

And, yet again, thats your opinion.    If you like those shows more, thats great.     

I do think Seinfeld is better than MwC overall, but I think MwC is incredibly underrated and was just as groundbreaking as Seinfeld in many ways.    If you cant recall 10 good episodes of MwC, then you either dont know the show that well or you simply dont care for it as much as me.   Which is perfectly fine.

I would watch MwC over and over again before I watched the Simpsons or Everybody Loves Raymond, but thats me....and those are shows I used to enjoy as well.   I just find MwC better.

Oh and you make a show that runs for over 30 years and never have a down season or two.  Good luck.  Shows can barely stay on 5 years much less 30+.    Everyone is different though so not everyone will think the same, this is just how I view it.  And South Park as well, they are not as funny as they have been in years past.  And really most of their comedy comes from direct movie parodies in the show, and or the absolutely current events.  The Simpson have most of their content not depending on what a stupid celebrity has done recently or literally mimic the entire plot of a successful film and just change it around a little.    

Not sure why youre getting so defensive about the Simpsons.    

First off, I never said I could do better or that a show isnt going to dip in quality over time.    Im simply saying that I dont find it that impressive that the show has simply been on for 30 years.   The quality IMO has fallen off a cliff.    I loved the show when I was younger.   I would watch it every day in syndication.   I still enjoy older episodes.    Ive seen a bunch of episodes over the years and its not remotely close to the same show it once was.    The only episode it honestly remember laughing at was the crossover with Family Guy, and most of that was due to Family Guy humor.

Again, agree to disagree.   If you still enjoy it, so be it.   I dont.      South Park isnt as good as it used to be either, I agree, but Id watch current day South Park every time over current day Simpsons.    Just my preference.  

Then again Cops has had a long run but clearly not sure that is a TV show but is freaking awesome.  Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right, Sesame Street, Mister Rogers Neighborhood have been on forever also, but not sure I would watch them consistently like the three I listed because they are simply not entertaining enough.  

Those are all very different types of shows, though.   Reality and game shows are different than completely scripted shows.    

Kinda tough since I have never been much of a TV person. Most non-miniseries I have watched were because of other people, or things I watched as a teenager, early adult.

1. Jeopardy

2. SNL

3. Futurama

4. Game of Thrones (1-4.5 ONLY)

5. The Crown

6. Madmen

7. Wolfhall

8. QI

9. The Office

10. Samurai Champloo / Cowboy Bebop

11. The Chappelle Show

12. 30 Rock

13. The Critic

14. Rome

15. Iron Chef (Japanese Version)

16. Archer

17. Schitts Creek

18. Bojack Horseman

19. The Newsroom (Season 1 ONLY)

20. The Boondocks

21. Sealab 2021

22. Modern Family

23. Kim's Convenience

24. The Jamie Foxx Show / Martin (They were on back to back, my lay in bed as I fall asleep shows)

25. Just Shoot Me / Caroline in the City (Another syndicated back to back as a fell asleep)

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

Mostly anime tbh. I also haven't seen many of the big name TV shows.

American Dad

Arrow (mostly first 2 seasons)

Attack on Titan

Black Clover

Daredevil

Death Note

Dragon Ball Z

Family Guy

Friday Night Lights

Game of Thrones

How I Met Your Mother

Justice League

My Hero Academia

Naruto Shippuden

Prison Break

Rising of the Shield Hero

Seven Deadly Sins

South Park

Suits

Sword Art Online

The 100

The League

The Promised Neverland

The Punisher

White Collar

Edited by Bullet Club

On 5/18/2020 at 3:52 PM, Bullet Club said:

Arrow (mostly first 2 seasons)

Yes, I enjoyed the first two or three seasons, but beyond that, the eye-rolling was taking quite a toll on me. 

Wanted to add, WINGS has to be somewhere on my aforementioned list.

( Tim Daly-Steven Weber-Crystal Bernard, etc.. with THomas Haden Church (Lowell) and Tony Shalhoub (Antonio) being awesomest )

Not gonna try and list them numerically but:

Ozark
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Simpsons
South Park
ER
Judging Amy 
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Law & Order: SVU