AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

50 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I looking at the Jags schedule I’m sure someone mentioned this at some point during the off-season but why is it fair they don’t have to play on a Thursday Night this year?

The Jaguars and Browns reached a level of futility this past season to where the schedule makers refused to put either one on a primetime  game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't watch the entirety of the Jags/Cards game, so can't say anything with certainty, but only getting a single sack against the Cards o-line with their deep passing system seems weird. Guess Gabbert could have been captain checkdown or got rid of the ball fast but Arians system doesn't really tend to employ that.

27 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I didn't watch the entirety of the Jags/Cards game, so can't say anything with certainty, but only getting a single sack against the Cards o-line with their deep passing system seems weird. Guess Gabbert could have been captain checkdown or got rid of the ball fast but Arians system doesn't really tend to employ that.

Cards offensive line held up well. There were certainly some checkdowns, but they ran more than their share of longish-developing pass plays and Gabbert really didn't feel much pressure. Which is the only reason they won, as he almost always folded as soon as there was any real pressure in his face.

48 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Do you cheer for the Texans to beat the Ravens, which puts some distance between the next team battling for a wild card. A little cushion.
Or
For the Ravens, just because.....you know. It's the Texans.

Don't really care who wins as long as Hopkins gets three TD's.xDxD

22 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

QB BLAINE GABBERT, 39.5 OVERALL GRADE

While the box score stat line looks solid, Gabbert had a little bit of luck on his side, as he four turnover worthy throws but only one was intercepted. Gabbert also had a costly fumble inside the 20 that was returned for a touchdown. He was able to manage a few very impressive throws but struggled when facing the blitz with a passer rating of 10.9. The Cardinals game plan to neutralize the vaunted Jaguars pass-rush was to utilize a quick passing game where Gabbert’s 2.25 time to attempt was the fourth fastest of the week.

Source: PFF

No doubt Blaine looked better but we didn’t take advantage of his mistakes. 

I’m ready for that week 17 showdown, hopefully in prime time. Will be my first time in Nashville.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

QB BLAINE GABBERT, 39.5 OVERALL GRADE

While the box score stat line looks solid, Gabbert had a little bit of luck on his side, as he four turnover worthy throws but only one was intercepted. Gabbert also had a costly fumble inside the 20 that was returned for a touchdown. He was able to manage a few very impressive throws but struggled when facing the blitz with a passer rating of 10.9. The Cardinals game plan to neutralize the vaunted Jaguars pass-rush was to utilize a quick passing game where Gabbert’s 2.25 time to attempt was the fourth fastest of the week.

Source: PFF

No doubt Blaine looked better but we didn’t take advantage of his mistakes. 

I’m ready for that week 17 showdown, hopefully in prime time. Will be my first time in Nashville.

Interesting. Arians usually refuses to adjust his offense.

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Maybe the Jags can just lose the next two weeks, we win our next three, and then Week 17 is meaningless.

Sounds like a plan.

Image result for i like that gif

We get the division.  Jags can get a playoff birth.  Everyone reaches their goals....everyone walks away happy.