AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, they got further than us, and they were close to beating the Pats. But they didn't... And seeing the Jags in tears is sooooo satisfying.

Andthe cherry on top, there's no way they don't extend Bottles. Right?!

They'll probably just pick up his option unless they sign a new QB.

EDIT: Or does he not have an option? I thought he did.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

They'll probably just pick up his option unless they sign a new QB.

EDIT: Or does he not have an option? I thought he did.

They picked up his option last offseason, like we did Lewan and we'll do with Mariota this offseason. But you don't let franchise players get to their final year without working on an extension. I'm convinced Mariota is our franchise QB... Jags fans are convinced Bottles is better... so they have to give him at least 5/$125, right? 

Edited by ragevsuall17

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, they got further than us, and they were close to beating the Pats. But they didn't... And seeing the Jags in tears is sooooo satisfying.

Andthe cherry on top, there's no way they don't extend Bottles. Right?!

I came in to say that too. Huge win for us long term because I think he did well enough for the jags to stick with him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I came in to say that too. Huge win for us long term because I think he did well enough for the jags to stick with him. 

I sure hope so. That defense plus Cousins or Alex Smith would be less than ideal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Personally, I think Bortles played well enough this playoffs to earn a long term contract for them.

Yeah, if I was a Jags Fan, I'd say lets bring him back. But not being one, I think they can do better. He is the Mularkey of QB.  I feel they will only be so good with him.  He might not have lost them this game, but I think a different QB could have helped them win it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, if I was a Jags Fan, I'd say lets bring him back. But not being one, I think they can do better. He is the Mularkey of QB.  I feel they will only be so good with him.  He might not have lost them this game, but I think a different QB could have helped them win it. 

Bortles is the Mularkey of QBs. I hope they extend him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Exactly. He did have a "good" run... Got them to the 'ship game. 

But... Did he make any throws that an average QB doesn't make? It seemed like a very safe, but effective game plan by the coaches. Once the Pats D adjusted, they scored 6 in the 2nd half. Bottles cannot make the plays. But they have to extend him... And if they do, its gonna be at or near 20M/year... Thats the starting qb market now. 

It definitely works to the rest of the AFCS's favor.

• Like 1