AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

So what I got from week 5....

Jags-They are who we thought they were. They rode the high of the first couple weeks of the season, but at the end of the day, they’re as bad as we all thought before the season.

Texans-BOB or no BOB, I don’t really fear them this season. They beat a bad Jags team but the defense is still bad and the offense without Hopkins just doesn’t feel the same

Colts-As long as Rivers is behind center, I think there’s a ceiling to how good they’ll be. In fact, with how he’s looking, Rivers brings that ceiling down significantly lower.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

So what I got from week 5....

Jags-They are who we thought they were. They rode the high of the first couple weeks of the season, but at the end of the day, they’re as bad as we all thought before the season.

Texans-BOB or no BOB, I don’t really fear them this season. They beat a bad Jags team but the defense is still bad and the offense without Hopkins just doesn’t feel the same

Colts-As long as Rivers is behind center, I think there’s a ceiling to how good they’ll be. In fact, with how he’s looking, Rivers brings that ceiling down significantly lower.

I think the Jags are better than I thought they would be, at least more competitive.  I don't think Minshew is the franchise answer. At least on us his own. He will need some real weapons. 
Texans- Again, I'm not a believer in Watson, especially without Hopkins. (Hopkins made two highlight catches yesterday, that were simply amazing.)
Colts have a good defense as normal, but Rivers is now entering Matt Schuab territory. He isn't throwing pick 6's, but he is sure to get at least one back breaking INT a game now. 

Our biggest hurdle is ourselves at this point. Colts are the next biggest threat. Texans are unpredictable, but I don't see them overcoming the 0-4 start this time. 

On 10/6/2020 at 12:14 PM, -Hope- said:

it's silly to take his first two years as a fixed product. young players improve, and this really isn't a situation where he's just nick foles-ing it. you'll get to see it firsthand when he rips up our defense this week lol. i certainly wouldn't take him over lamar right now but i would if this is what we can expect from him moving forward. we'll see whether he can keep it up, but dude passes the eye test 100%, he's improved massively.

Tell me more lol.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

lolllll i didn't catch most of the game, was he that bad

well, we'll see if he can rebound. still think he's good tbh

He was so bad. Way worse than the mediocre numbers. But yeah, this is probably an outlier, but he looked exactly like old Josh Allen.

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He was so bad. Way worse than the mediocre numbers. But yeah, this is probably an outlier, but he looked exactly like old Josh Allen.

I can't believe to think that Allen throwing 41 passes is the best recipe for success. I know he has played better the first 4 games but that's a lot. 

I'm sure he's improved from last year some with them adding Diggs and taking a modern approach to their offensive game plan, but I do not think the first 3-4 weeks are going to be his norm for the rest of his career.

I think Ryan Tannehill is a better pure passer than he is. He's absolutely more accurate.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I just looked at our free agent list vs cap space for next season.

Ouch.

I wouldn’t worry much about it. Pretty much every site is using the $175 million cap, which was the absolute floor in the NFL and NFLPA agreement. There’s almost no chance the league actually lets the cap drop $25 million in one year. So whatever cap space number you see, you can probably add $15 million to it. Could be even more, but I doubt it’s less.