AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

16 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Watson is the real deal

I tried to deny it for a long time, too. But he's the real deal to me

If you're down by 10 headed into the 4th...you want Watson or Lamar under center?

Lamar is a bad example though.  Given that its a very limited sample size, but he hasn't shown the ability to be able to come back when they fall behind big.  We saw in the playoffs last year, and we see it constantly against the Chiefs.  He's had the luxury of playing with a strong defense that won't allow him to fall behind often.  

Give me Mahommes, give me Wilson, give me Rodgers, hell give me Tannehill and Allen (and maybe a few others) over Lamar or Watson (without Hopkins).

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i take it you haven't seen him this year? he's on pace for a season watson has never come close to touching and is playing out of his mind. i'd 100% take that version of allen over watson.

We are four games into the season, half of which were against the Dolphins and Jets. I’m just supposed to ignore the two years where he combined for 30 TDs, 21 INTs and completed like 55% of his passes with an average YPA?

And mainly that was in response to taking him over Lamar, who I have in an entirely separate tier from Watson.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We are four games into the season, half of which were against the Dolphins and Jets. I’m just supposed to ignore the two years where he combined for 30 TDs, 21 INTs and completed like 55% of his passes with an average YPA?

And mainly that was in response to taking him over Lamar, who I have in an entirely separate tier from Watson.

it's silly to take his first two years as a fixed product. young players improve, and this really isn't a situation where he's just nick foles-ing it. you'll get to see it firsthand when he rips up our defense this week lol. i certainly wouldn't take him over lamar right now but i would if this is what we can expect from him moving forward. we'll see whether he can keep it up, but dude passes the eye test 100%, he's improved massively.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's silly to take his first two years as a fixed product. young players improve, and this really isn't a situation where he's just nick foles-ing it. you'll get to see it firsthand when he rips up our defense this week lol. i certainly wouldn't take him over lamar right now but i would if this is what we can expect from him moving forward. we'll see whether he can keep it up, but dude passes the eye test 100%, he's improved massively.

I mean, ripping up our defense isn’t exactly an accomplishment in the best of circumstances, let alone with whatever we’re forced to send out there on Sunday.

He’ll have plenty of chances to prove he’s legitimate. A four-game sample size against bad teams just isn’t going to push him from thoroughly average to top five QB in my mind. Maybe this is the real Josh Allen though. He gets to play the Patriots twice, the Seahawks, Steelers and 49ers, so the opportunity is there to prove it.

Mostly, I just find it insane to criticize Lamar for a limited sample-size and playing with a good defense and then list a guy with a far smaller sample size who plays with an even better defense lol.

I don’t know about Allen he can make plays but he is not the passer player Wilson and Mahomes are and Rogers was or is.  Allen has been helped big time by Diggs this year.    Still you could do a lot worse then Allen to start.  Tannehill has been great for sure but 1 year does not a career make.   Watson is okay but I am not sold that he is “great”.  Jackson is a great athlete but until he can show that he is a true pocket passer then I will wait and see. So far in his career if you stop the run Jackson will struggle. 

Allen is definitely playing better than he has, but I wouldnt put him close to being in the top tier.

Is what he has done through 4 games more impressive than what Tannehill did in a larger sample size last season? The difference being that Allen is younger and the media is running with it as him "making the leap" rather than predicting his regression to his previous form. 

They use a ton of PA like we do, his weapons outside improve drastically when you add Diggs, and he has one of the top defenses in the NFL. 

That top tier of guys will be great in many different environments, but guys like Allen and Tannehill need the right environment. If Tannehill had become a FA and some **** team had signed him to come save the day we would have seen major regression. 

Not to take anything away from Allen or Tannehill, it's hard for QBs to succeed in the NFL even when the environment is right. Ask Brian Hoyer. I actually never thought Allen would succeed, even in a good environment, but it's looking like he's better than I gave him credit for. At least through this very small sample size.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve been trying to pay attention but these are just two really bad football teams. On top of this, the Jags had a two-minute stretch where Hauschka missed a 24-yarder and then came up short on a 49-yarder.

yeah i don't think this game even matters all that much for us. gotta hope the browns take care of business vs the colts later today tho