Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Packers

Madmike90

The most important thing about last night is that it is another nail in the Fox coffin. It may even end the joke that is the Glennon era.

If Ryan Pace continues to push Fox and Glennon out there to embarrass the franchise then I hope his job statues is re-evaluated at the end of the season. Both of them are embarrassing the franchise.

There is no way in hell John "deer in headlights" Fox is back next season. Just clean house... our secondary had tons of busts in coverage, I can't sit here and say Fangio is some God either.

I just... ugh. I hate this ******* team.

35 minutes ago, G08 said:

There is no way in hell John "deer in headlights" Fox is back next season. Just clean house... our secondary had tons of busts in coverage, I can't sit here and say Fangio is some God either.

I just... ugh. I hate this ******* team.

No, but he still has respect in this league for a reason.  The defense has its issues but I think he's done pretty well with what he's got.  He's not "some god" but he's a helluva better coach than Foxy is IMO.

@AdamHoge

Hicks: “The changes we need to make, hopefully we make those changes. Hopefully we put our team in position to win on defense and offense."

Aaron LemingVerified account @AaronLemingNFL

Judging by Akiem Hicks' comments, this locker room may not be far from turning on John Fox. #Bears

We'll see what happens going forward but this is looking almost as bad as the end of Trestman and maybe even worse.

Just an overall horrible game to watch. Ever since Lovie Smith left as a coach we've had one terrible game after another. The team doesn't have any true leaders and the coaching is just not great at all.

On the flip side do the early turnovers Glennon give crush the team's spirit? I'm trying to imagine how I would feel on defense if one guy was blowing it for everyone.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Just an overall horrible game to watch. Ever since Lovie Smith left as a coach we've had one terrible game after another. The team doesn't have any true leaders and the coaching is just not great at all.

On the flip side do the early turnovers Glennon give crush the team's spirit? I'm trying to imagine how I would feel on defense if one guy was blowing it for everyone.

In all honesty the defense started the downfall of the game, the Packers had the ball first and just drove right down for a TD, the second TD off the turnover was just the nail in the coffin.

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

We'll see what happens going forward but this is looking almost as bad as the end of Trestman and maybe even worse.

You could see that Hicks was visibly upset and frustrated last night.  The guy keeps busting his tail off along with the rest of thedefense only to have Glennon and the offense constantly lay eggs on almost every drive.

I feel bad for the vet guys like Hicks, Young, McPhee, Freeman, Long, etc. If this team doesn't start picking it up soon then all these talents will end up going to waste.

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying this team doesn't have any true leaders.  I don't agree with that at all.

On the other hand I agree that the coaching staff is failing to do it's job and Mike Glennon is terrible.

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

In all honesty the defense started the downfall of the game, the Packers had the ball first and just drove right down for a TD, the second TD off the turnover was just the nail in the coffin.

Fair point they let a tackle-less team drive it down them without putting up a big fight. The defense is inconsistent, part of that is probably playing on Thursday but more so just poor coaching.

14 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I took the night off for this?  What a horrible performance.  We play tough at home but get killed on the road.  Trevethan was an idiot for hitting Adams like that.  I hate Green Bay, but that hit was way out of line.  No excuse for that.  Glennon looks good on one play and horrible the next.  He'll be a journeyman hopefully after this year(if not sooner)  Does Trubisky start against Minnesota?  I think we'd all like that.   He can't be worse than Glennon. 

It really wasnt a dirty hit.  Adams is not a defenseless receiver and Trevathan didnt target the head.  It was a bang bang play (literally) and unfortunately for adams either he dipped his head or he was forced lower at the worst possible moment.  Trevathan was just coming in to clean up the tackle.  Want proof on how bad a call the pf was? The play is over for several seconds before the ref comes over and sees how bad Adams is hurt, then once he sees that hes completely knocked out, he pulls the flag out of his pants.  I dont know if thats league mandated pr, or he just felt bad for Adams, but real time i dont know how you can call that penalty

29 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It really wasnt a dirty hit.  Adams is not a defenseless receiver and Trevathan didnt target the head.  It was a bang bang play (literally) and unfortunately for adams either he dipped his head or he was forced lower at the worst possible moment.  Trevathan was just coming in to clean up the tackle.  Want proof on how bad a call the pf was? The play is over for several seconds before the ref comes over and sees how bad Adams is hurt, then once he sees that hes completely knocked out, he pulls the flag out of his pants.  I dont know if thats league mandated pr, or he just felt bad for Adams, but real time i dont know how you can call that penalty

I agree that it wasn't dirty or intentional.  It just happened to be bad timing and unfortunate for Adams.  Although it was a fierce tackle by Trevethan, Adams lowered his upper body into the brunt of it.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:39 AM, blkwdw13 said:

That was bad for sure, but after allowing the score after GB took over at the 5 (on him, not them) they also then had 3 defensive stops in a row giving us a shot to get back in the game before the first Glennon INT set GB up in plus territory again. 

To me for as much as Demps hadn't shown a ton in terms of production it was very clear from the standpoint of a lot of miscommunication in the secondary this week that he was bringing a lot of value in that regard. I'm curious to see if someone will step up in that capacity.

That we still don't have an INT on the season is on the players though, not Fangio or Donatell. That's a talent issue that goes beyond them. FWIW though they have played against 3 HOF QBs and Jameis Winston to this point in the season too. 

Archived