What are the chances of Bruce Arians getting fired?

everlong

As much as I love Arians, I do think the probability is higher than 50%.  His team looks like an undisciplined mess.  Also, I don't know what's going on offensively with them. I get that they lost David Johnson but idk if it's Palmer or the play calling but I expected a lot more deep shots.  The fact that the Cardinals barely challenged the young/banged up Dallas corners with JJ Nelson deep, coupled with the head scratching decision to not help their RT with DeMarcus Lawerence was odd.

Just not sure what's going on with that team coaching wise...

Hmm.

At what point does age simply catch up with your creative / fluid intelligence, leaving you a less-effective coach than you were before? Historically, when have successful coaches checked out (willingly or otherwise)?

Coughlin was essentially forced out at 69 (and that was with a little leeway).

Arians is turning 65 next week, he's the 3rd oldest active coach (Carroll is 66, Belichick is 65).

Theres a good chance arians is gone after this season.  This will almost assuredly be the 2nd season that the Cards finish below .500 barring major improvement, and I don't see that happening without David Johnson.  I think it would be a good opportunity to clean house with Palmer and fitzgerald likely retiring after this season 

I see this year as Arians' last hurrah (possibly Palmer's too). He really is a great coach but the state of the Cardinals franchise at the time of his arrival pretty much hinged on QB Palmer and I don't see him sticking around long enough to develop another talent at the position. 

He won't be fired, but he'll most likely retire at season's end. 

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Hmm.

At what point does age simply catch up with your creative / fluid intelligence, leaving you a less-effective coach than you were before? Historically, when have successful coaches checked out (willingly or otherwise)?

Coughlin was essentially forced out at 69 (and that was with a little leeway).

Arians is turning 65 next week, he's the 3rd oldest active coach (Carroll is 66, Belichick is 65).

It amazes me that pete carroll is the oldest coach in the nfl

I hope not. He's one of the better coaches in the league, particularly in hos offensive prowess. I again with some that Palmer is at the end of the line. I expect when he and Fitz retire that he'll walk away too. The offense is built around DJ and aging vets. Palmer, Fitz, and Veldheer' s best days are all behind them. I believe they've got alot of key defensive spots solidified but they need to rebuild the offense with the next generation of players before they get back to Super Bowl caliber.

And Fwiw, they're missing DJ, John Brown, Iupati, and Humphries. Hard to look good on offense when missing your star RB, best deep threat, starting LT, and Pro Bowl OG

Archived