Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

Week 4 predictive power rankings

1. Indianapolis Predators (4-0) - UP 1
  2. Egypt Starfall (3-1) - UP 1
  3. Miami Sharks (2-2) - UP 2
  4. Phoenix Rattlers (3-1) - unchanged
  5. Chicago Fire (3-1) - DOWN 4
  6. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (2-2) - UP 2
  7. Norway Knights (3-1) - UP 6
  8. Tacoma Thunder (2-2) - UP 4
  9. South Africa Woolley Mammoths (2-2) - DOWN 3
  10. Little Rock Uni Royals (2-2) - UP 4
  11. Reykjavik Direwolves (1-3) - DOWN 4
  12. Rocket City Trash Pandas (2-2) - DOWN 2
  13. Hanoi Viet Kong (2-2) - DOWN 4
  14. Scranton Papermakers (2-2) - DOWN 3
  15. Freiburg Venom (1-3) - unchanged
  16. Anchorage Eskimos (2-2) - UP 1
  17. Seattle Sonics (2-1-1) - UP 2
  18. Southview Saints (0-4) - DOWN 2
  19. Iowa Jagwads (1-3) - DOWN 1
  20. Richmond Flying Squirrels (0-3-1) - unchanged

Things are still very fluid, especially in the middle. Once gaps start to separate a little bit more I'll start either posting my projected win totals or playoff odds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

This is your S19 receiving corps minus Goodwin: 

Corey Davis [16 GS]: 71 receptions for 912 yards (12.85 YPR, 37 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 2 drops.
Delanie Walker [16 GS]: 55 receptions for 701 yards (12.75 YPR, 25 LNG), 1 touchdown, 5 drops, 1 fumble.
Greg Olsen [16 GS]: 68 receptions for 753 yards (11.07 YPR, 27 LNG), 6 touchdowns, 3 drops. 13 pancakes.

194 receptions for 2366 yards, 12 touchdowns, 10 drops.

Comparatively, this is how the guys you have in S20 performed in S19:

DeSean Jackson [16 GS]: 54 receptions for 731 yards (13.54 YPR, 48 LNG), 3 touchdowns, 4 drops.
Marvin Jones [16 GS]: 54 receptions for 712 yards (13.19 YPR, 31 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 4 drops, 2 fumbles.
O.J. Howard [16 GS]: 59 receptions for 719 yards (12.19 YPR, 26 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 drop. 17 pancakes.

167 receptions for 2162 yards, 11 touchdowns, 9 drops

Not really seeing how it's better. 

And your WRs were the weak point of the offense last season anyway, so a further step back isn't great to see even if it only accounts for 200 or so yards. And that doubly so when the OL took such an incredible step back from a top 5 unit to middling at best.

Will have to see as Jackson was 3rd option and Jones was on a team that was to put nicely some what of a train wreck. To me it’s not so much about prior season stats when it comes to skill positions as much as others may put into it. The amount of variability between run/pass and aggression, along with the other players on the team can have a huge play in people’s stats, along with the RNG element.

Is it a better indicator for OL, of course. Every OL is basically going against an elite DL every week. You have some room for figuring out to see what OL was in a run dominate team so less sacks and that sort of logic. 

While I’ve been close to winning the championship I’ve been through enough seasons to see my far share and experiment with different approaches. I think I’ve had maybe 2 losing seasons.

45 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

All I'm saying is - end of the season, Sharks are going to be a playoff team

I don’t think the team that snatches the 4th spot in that conference is going to be particularly good, regardless of who it is. So maybe. 

2 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Will have to see as Jackson was 3rd option and Jones was on a team that was to put nicely some what of a train wreck. To me it’s not so much about prior season stats when it comes to skill positions as much as others may put into it. The amount of variability between run/pass and aggression, along with the other players on the team can have a huge play in people’s stats, along with the RNG element.

Is it a better indicator for OL, of course. Every OL is basically going against an elite DL every week. You have some room for figuring out to see what OL was in a run dominate team so less sacks and that sort of logic. 

While I’ve been close to winning the championship I’ve been through enough seasons to see my far share and experiment with different approaches. I think I’ve had maybe 2 losing seasons.

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, pwny said:

But @Tk3 where are the rankings?

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Week 4 predictive power rankings

1. Indianapolis Predators (4-0) - UP 1
  2. Egypt Starfall (3-1) - UP 1
  3. Miami Sharks (2-2) - UP 2
  4. Phoenix Rattlers (3-1) - unchanged
  5. Chicago Fire (3-1) - DOWN 4
  6. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (2-2) - UP 2
  7. Norway Knights (3-1) - UP 6
  8. Tacoma Thunder (2-2) - UP 4
  9. South Africa Woolley Mammoths (2-2) - DOWN 3
  10. Little Rock Uni Royals (2-2) - UP 4
  11. Reykjavik Direwolves (1-3) - DOWN 4
  12. Rocket City Trash Pandas (2-2) - DOWN 2
  13. Hanoi Viet Kong (2-2) - DOWN 4
  14. Scranton Papermakers (2-2) - DOWN 3
  15. Freiburg Venom (1-3) - unchanged
  16. Anchorage Eskimos (2-2) - UP 1
  17. Seattle Sonics (2-1-1) - UP 2
  18. Southview Saints (0-4) - DOWN 2
  19. Iowa Jagwads (1-3) - DOWN 1
  20. Richmond Flying Squirrels (0-3-1) - unchanged

Things are still very fluid, especially in the middle. Once gaps start to separate a little bit more I'll start either posting my projected win totals or playoff odds

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

My next three games are Egypt, Indy, and Rio. According to those rankings, I'm not gonna have a good time.

I’m obviously not feeling very confident in my D. Kirk cousins is playing at a insane level. Let’s hope he cools down! Because the dude is popping off lol. 

super big game. And let’s hope the trash queens pull off a upset. Get it done baby. 

Edited by El Ramster