Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Idgaf about imaginary draft picks.

Psst - no one has ever said you shouldn’t have spent those draft picks. If you think this is the last season, you should be trading every pick you can. No one is arguing differently. What we’re arguing is that for two firsts and two seconds, you should probably be getter better than .57 points per game better. You only have so many *imaginary draft picks* to make yourself better.

And you spent all of those to get .57 points better and left yourself no high profile resources to get any better. That’s the whole point that’s been made the whole time. Trade four firsts, four seconds, and every other pick if you want. But maybe don’t expect people to think it was a good move when you can’t even add a point to your point differential. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Could you do the math and breakdown for me after the Aj green trade? I felt my defense slipped but my offense took off. Please and thanks if you can. 

Remind me tomorrow morning and I’ll do it. 

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

Psst - no one has ever said you shouldn’t have spent those draft picks. If you think this is the last season, you should be trading every pick you can. No one is arguing differently. What we’re arguing is that for two firsts and two seconds, you should probably be getter better than .57 points per game better. You only have so many *imaginary draft picks* to make yourself better.

And you spent all of those to get .57 points better and left yourself no high profile resources to get any better. That’s the whole point that’s been made the whole time. Trade four firsts, four seconds, and every other pick if you want. But maybe don’t expect people to think it was a good move when you can’t even add a point to your point differential. 

Psst - I posted several times that I was looking for CB/WR help. Nobody reached out except Swoosh, I reached out to multiple owners with losing records and they didn't want picks. I got what I could, and they made my team better. I don't care that I "overpaid" with picks that will never happen.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Meanwhile, the Brees trade turned out like this for me:

-2 per game point differential per game before the trade, +6.1 post the trade for a base difference of 8.1 per game.

vs the Average, the difference is 5.1, nearly ten times as much as the difference brought by Peters and Jones.

So either a top end QB is worth 20 firsts and 20 second round picks, when no one has ever paid more than four firsts and a second for a QB, or those two weren't worth anything close to that value, because they didn't really make that much of a difference.

whatever price you paid for this championship midseason was worth it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwny said:

I mean if your sole argument is "the defense on track for being the worst in sim history is going to get marginally better" and that's all that matters, then sure your team got marginally better.

google.com%20giphy_4.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

whatever price you paid for this championship midseason was worth it

I know you’re talking about my team, but this holds true for mookie as well. If he wins the title, its not going to matter, and anything I say about value and limited growth doesn’t matter because it was enough to secure a title. But if he loses a game along the way, there’s always going to be the notion that he should have gotten more with the resources he had to give. 

boy, completely banking on the fact that nacho may not be back could wind up blowing up if it turns out to not be the case. Then its like pwny said, if you get the ship, it was worth it. But if you don't... you've handicapped yourself for two seasons. Or at least your franchise is.

I can't yet say what I'd do in my situation, if nacho does hang it up. But going out yoloing with the perspective of "screw the person taking over if my gamble doesn't pay off bc I will take my ball" seems weaksauce. 

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

boy, completely banking on the fact that nacho may not be back could wind up blowing up if it turns out to not be the case. Then its like pwny said, if you get the ship, it was worth it. But if you don't... you've handicapped yourself for two seasons. Or at least your franchise is.

I can't yet say what I'd do in my situation, if nacho does hang it up. But going out yoloing with the perspective of "screw the person taking over if my gamble doesn't pay off bc I will take my ball" seems weaksauce. 

Don’t think the league would continue without Nacho.