TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also USD is pretty mediocre even for their fcs conference, picked to be in the middle of it. And they lost by 3 

It might be another two years until Kansas wins again

True. 

However, I will teach you something toady.  kansas is not to be capitalized.  Capital letters are for proper nouns, and kansas is not a proper place, therefore, you don't capitalize the "k" in "kansas."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't think I ever met a permanent resident then lol. I never got that impression I guess.... and I went there and my dad worked there for 25 years. 

LIS in other threads, I had a friend that went there around 2002-2003 and only the frats could party so unless we went to Sigma Nu or the off-campus Phi Delt house, we went up to Sioux Falls. I remember going to what was the Silver Dollar restaurant and the waitress was complaining about "those damn college students." The dude's father went to buy some stuff for his dorm room(he was in Beedie(sp?) the first year) at what was Pamida and the guy at the store grumbled about the students as well. It just seemed that every non-university adult hated the students from everything I heard and read in the local newspaper as well. Said friend transferred to KU with a bunch of other USD students in the spring of 2004 and the rest is history.

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

LIS in other threads, I had a friend that went there around 2002-2003 and only the frats could party so unless we went to Sigma Nu or the off-campus Phi Delt house, we went up to Sioux Falls. I remember going to what was the Silver Dollar restaurant and the waitress was complaining about "those damn college students." The dude's father went to buy some stuff for his dorm room(he was in Beedie(sp?) the first year) at what was Pamida and the guy at the store grumbled about the students as well. It just seemed that every non-university adult hated the students from everything I heard and read in the local newspaper as well. Said friend transferred to KU with a bunch of other USD students in the spring of 2004 and the rest is history.

All I have to say is

Holy **** I forgot about Pamida lol

I'm sure there was plenty of that I guess though, just wouldn't be my first impression at all. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Norm said:

Also USD is pretty mediocre even for their fcs conference, picked to be in the middle of it. And they lost by 3 

It might be another two years until Kansas wins again

SDSU last week on the other hand...

19 hours ago, Joe said:

and Vermillion is a horrible college town. The permanent residents act like they don't want the college there. 

LOL same number and everything...

USD is kind of a horrible town in general ;). USD should be in Sioux Falls. The business, Law, Medical School of the state in Vermillion? lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

USD is kind of a horrible town in general ;). USD should be in Sioux Falls. The business, Law, Medical School of the state in Vermillion? lol

Imagine wanting to be in Sioux Falls in 2021 though

Also yeah that whooping state dropped was great

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

One of my ex's roomates went to SDSU for grad school(agriculture) and constantly woke up to cows outside her window lol. I to think USD would be much better off in Sioux Falls as well and, ironically, I would think that literally every time I left Vermillion. Plus, with USD in Sioux Falls, they could renew their rivalry with Augie.

Also, @NormI talked to a friend from Sioux Falls late last night about this. He has family in Willow Lake and NOBODY with a South Dakota plate starting with a "1" can hunt anywhere nearby - he and his father being the exception for obvious reasons. Pretty sure you know the significance of the license plate...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

One of my ex's roomates went to SDSU for grad school(agriculture) and constantly woke up to cows outside her window lol. I to think USD would be much better off in Sioux Falls as well and, ironically, I would think that literally every time I left Vermillion. Plus, with USD in Sioux Falls, they could renew their rivalry with Augie.

Also, @NormI talked to a friend from Sioux Falls late last night about this. He has family in Willow Lake and NOBODY with a South Dakota plate starting with a "1" can hunt anywhere nearby - he and his father being the exception for obvious reasons. Pretty sure you know the significance of the license plate...

Lolol. I've heard of things like that. There's a guy at work who watches the plates a bit and sometimes after they leave he'll make some comment because he saw the 1 county plate. 

Only thing stopping Augie from playing USD anymore is waiting to jump D1 though, methinks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

You’re from SD too?

usf and augie  should also combine for one big school in SF since politics will never let usd leave Verm. Dumb ***** chose the state prison in SF over USD back in the day.

44 SD plate is good for hunting though? That’s where the residential growth is happening the fastest in the metro 

idc if people from SD hate Sioux Falls but sometimes the hate is a bit stupid. SF is like 1/3 of the states economy and lots of good things come to the state because of it. I just wish Sioux Falls was somehow where Rapid is located but then it would have no good jobs. 

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Lolol. I've heard of things like that. There's a guy at work who watches the plates a bit and sometimes after they leave he'll make some comment because he saw the 1 county plate. 

Only thing stopping Augie from playing USD anymore is waiting to jump D1 though, methinks. 

Yeah, I remember meeting people who literally hated someone simply because of the 1 on their LP. I also don't think Augie has the resources, ability, or facilities to go D1. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

You’re from SD too?

usf and augie  should also combine for one big school in SF since politics will never let usd leave Verm. Dumb ***** chose the state prison in SF over USD back in the day.

44 SD plate is good for hunting though? That’s where the residential growth is happening the fastest in the metro 

idc if people from SD hate Sioux Falls but sometimes the hate is a bit stupid. SF is like 1/3 of the states economy and lots of good things come to the state because of it. I just wish Sioux Falls was somehow where Rapid is located but then it would have no good jobs. 

44 is Brandon and Tea right? Said friend lives with his wife and children in Tea. I think the hate is really dumb as well. They're both socially and politically conservative areas with similar interests in other areas and I think the hate is the classic ruralites hating city people and vice versa; again, it's dumb.

As for my background, briefly, I'm actually from TX originally, my father worked in advertising but the family also owned a boat rental business on Lake Texoma near Denison. I graduated a full year early in 1997, burned through my Bachelor's in 3 years majoring in Finance and minoring in Policy(business related of course). My dad made me the CFO and COO of the family business immediately after graduation, but I was still able to do my due diligence with a Fortune 500 given that I could do my work from a location just north of Dallas.  My parents have since sold the business, the house, and a ton of land we owned when my father retired. My parents have left the state and are in NH currently. 

My connection to SD is that I met said friend through some hunting forums/wildlife exhibitions years ago as my family used to hunt pheasant and deer; I got to know a ton of people from the surrounding states similarly as well. Sadly, I haven't really been in touch with that part of my past more recently as a wife, kids, and career took me out here to South Jersey though I'm kind of over it despite still owning several rifles and handguns. My connection to the Packers is partially through my aunt(mom's twin) who married into a family outside of Pulaski, WI way back in the late 60's, they both went to Madtown for their undergrad. The other part was because Jerry Jones is the owner of the Cowboys and apparently my dad's firm was in a nasty dispute with him at some point in the mid-80's. As a child, I just remember watching the news when Jerry bought the team and my dad exploding. We immediately changed alliances...

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

I also don't think Augie has the resources, ability, or facilities to go D1

I could be talking out my *** here, but I feel like they should have some big time booster money behind it all if they wanted to. My impression is the big boosters don't give a **** about moving up. Though last I heard they are still planning to do it, eventually. 

There's some pretty crap schools up in D1. It's not like it would be gutter trash. 

Football would never make it though.. Men's basketball was decent a bit back where they could have at least been an average mid major team if nothing else. Either way I don't think USD cares about scheduling D2 teams no matter where they're located...

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:15 AM, wgbeethree said:

I've done so much of my drinking in bars I've worked at or my friends work at for so long I sorta forgot what it was like to pay real prices at a bar. 😳

If you live in a bigger city, you can make up for it by going to a smaller city. When I met the ex (20 yrs ago) I was living in Milwaukee and went up to visit her in Oshkosh. Everyone thought I was trying to be a high roller because I was buying all these shots and pitchers and I was like "no, usually buying this much alcohol costs me 2-3x as much, THIS IS SO CHEAP"