TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 5/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, Leader said:

Ron Filipkowski  -   New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tells Tucker Carlson that he wishes Joe Biden knew as much about American history as Vladimir Putin knows about Russian history.

Wait until Tucker tells him about Russian grocery stores

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 1:36 PM, Leader said:

Ron Filipkowski  -   New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tells Tucker Carlson that he wishes Joe Biden knew as much about American history as Vladimir Putin knows about Russian history.

I'm no Putin fan but this might very well be true about any leader and their respective country. Putin is extremely well informed about Russian history I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm no Putin fan but this might very well be true about any leader and their respective country. Putin is extremely well informed about Russian history I'm sure.

There was that time when Putin was a teenager working as a lifeguard at People’s Water Recreation Facility #43 and a leader of the local youth group named Popkornski tried to fight him. Putin explained to Popkornski how the Bolsheviks wrested political power away from the Mensheviks by weakening their grip on the proletariat and made the glorious revolution real, and Popkornski was so moved he bought hammers and popsicles for everyone. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

There was that time when Putin was a teenager working as a lifeguard at People’s Water Recreation Facility #43 and a leader of the local youth group named Popkornski tried to fight him. Putin explained to Popkornski how the Bolsheviks wrested political power away from the Mensheviks by weakening their grip on the proletariat and made the glorious revolution real, and Popkornski was so moved he bought hammers and popsicles for everyone. 

What flavor did you get?

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Well I can think of one exception, not to be named

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What flavor did you get?

All they had was potato. In the interest of national zeal I said it was a superior popsicle. (My cousin asked why we never had beet popsicles anymore, and he spent the rest of the summer painting the basement of  People’s Outhouses 12-117.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Voldemort?

I was going to vote for him, I very much agree with his anti-Harry Potter agenda.  However, I am also racist against people without noses.  I was willing to overlook that aspect, for the greater good, but when he chose Tyrion Lannister as his running mate AND rumor was that Skeletor was going to be his Secretary of State, I could no longer overlook the no-nosers taking power.  Don't trust them.  You know who else doesn't have noses? Fish.  And fish are stupid.  

• Like 3

Scottie Scheffler was arrested heading to the golf course this morning. Apparently, he tried to circumvent a traffic jam in an effort to get to the golf course. 

He had several charges levied against him including 2nd degree assault of a police officer. 

WOW! 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Scottie Scheffler was arrested heading to the golf course this morning. Apparently, he tried to circumvent a traffic jam in an effort to get to the golf course. 

He had several charges levied against him including 2nd degree assault of a police officer. 

WOW! 

Will all get dropped by tomorrow morning I'm sure. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Will all get dropped by tomorrow morning I'm sure. 

I think the Louisville police have to save face. He's going to pay a fine for some traffic violation. 

Absolute stupidity to put him in cuffs, take him to jail, put him in a jumpsuit and take a photo. 

https://x.com/nrbucholtz/status/1791428957499265432?s=42&t=smJ-RoL4h85Oy-1OKNXf7w

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

This sounds like it might just be a case of a cop overreacting. I heard the cop involved was not a member of the regular traffic control unit, so he may not have known that cars with credentials were to be let through.  

Posted (edited)

ProFootballTalk -   Lesson for the day: When a cop literally velcros himself to your car, the smart move is to not hit the gas.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

This sounds like it might just be a case of a cop overreacting. I heard the cop involved was not a member of the regular traffic control unit, so he may not have known that cars with credentials were to be let through.  

Someone was killed right in front of the course earlier that morning, so everything was heightened. Honestly all this is on the PGA to me, should've had reps all over the grounds catching up with their golfers, letting them know what happened and to expect delays and that they would delay the start of the event if necessary, so not to panic over the delays. Seems like these guys were told they could use an extra lane to get around the traffic, that wasn't communicated well to the police and this whole thing is just bad communication between Louisville police and the PGA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Lesson for the day: When a cop literally velcros himself to your car, the smart move is to not hit the gas.

When a cop, out of uniform, 'Velcro,' himself to your car, a car with credentials on the side of it, **** him for being an idiot!