TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

You're not gonna believe it but boy oh boy do I have a strong opinion on this topic!

I say this as a pretty big Beastie Boys fan. I can still recall perfectly the first time I ever heard them ~35 years ago. I've seen them in concert multiple times. I own a BB tshirt. I'll die on this hill though.

That song absolutely SUCKS. It's literally a one chord song that 99.9% of people would HATE if it wasnt by the Beastie Boys. There's nothing else even remotely similar that's ever been anywhere near popular. They released "Some Old BS", which was an album of equally bad hardcore, at the same exact and that was universally hated (as it should be). Throw that album on the next time somebody says they love Sabatoge and I guarantee that person can't/won't make it through 10 minutes of listening. They are an exceptionally bad hardcore band.

Heres the tab for Sabatoge BTW.  296666.320.svg

That's it. That's all of it. One power chord repeated.

Cool video though I guess. 🤷‍♂️

As a huge Beastie Boys fan I love this. No hate at all. I still can dig Sabotage but it's not my favorite by any means. I just love the lore from the video... Remember music videos kids? ... Plus a lot of fan art is pretty dope. I'm a big Check Your Head guy myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

You're not gonna believe it but boy oh boy do I have a strong opinion on this topic!

I say this as a pretty big Beastie Boys fan. I can still recall perfectly the first time I ever heard them ~35 years ago. I've seen them in concert multiple times. I own a BB tshirt. I'll die on this hill though.

That song absolutely SUCKS. It's literally a one chord song that 99.9% of people would HATE if it wasnt by the Beastie Boys. There's nothing else even remotely similar that's ever been anywhere near popular. They released "Some Old BS", which was an album of equally bad hardcore, at the same exact and that was universally hated (as it should be). Throw that album on the next time somebody says they love Sabatoge and I guarantee that person can't/won't make it through 10 minutes of listening. They are an exceptionally bad hardcore band.

Cookie-Puss?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:55 PM, TheGreatZepp said:

I would take cologne over bad body odor any day!

Cologne doesn't eliminate the smell of BO. It just mixes with it and makes the final smell even worse. 

• Like 1

Man, I try to stay on top of my hygiene but sometimes you get hit with a sweaty day and don't smell what others do. I always tell people, whether it be a boog, a whitehead or an odor, ******* tell me if it's happening and I'll do something about it but nobody ever has the balls to say anything if it happens. Drives me nuts. I'll venture to the bathroom, find a boog or whitehead and lose my **** that nobody told me or I'll eventually smell myself and be like "there's no way nobody else smelled that" because I smell just like my dad and I always smelled him back when I was younger and he went a while without cleaning his ***. Drives me up the wall.

13 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

In a world where Sabatoge by the Beastie Boys, Phish, hick hop, and white guy reggae exists somehow this might be the worst song ever. Like, this has to be a goof. There is literally no way they listened to the playback and they were like, "Nailed it!". 

I actually went to see Phish about 10 years ago.  Some of my friends were going, so I said I would go too, concerts are usually fun.  It just wasn't for me.  Like 10,000 other people were enjoying themselves, so I can't say that they didn't put on a good show.  And they played for about 4 hours, no opener, just Phish and a short intermission.  If I liked Phish, that would have been pretty cool.  Definitely not the worst band I have seen live.  

I know country music isn't everyone's cup of tea but Garth puts on a show like no other. I'm not a music person so I'm not spending money to go to concerts often but I spent about $100 to see him live and it was worth ever penny.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I know country music isn't everyone's cup of tea but Garth puts on a show like no other. I'm not a music person so I'm not spending money to go to concerts often but I spent about $100 to see him live and it was worth ever penny.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I like outlaw country, and I can imagine some country shows are a helluva good time. But it's one of those things I don't necessarily seek out myself either 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

One of the few genres and atmospheres that are really better in person live than in the finished album.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I like outlaw country, and I can imagine some country shows are a helluva good time. But it's one of those things I don't necessarily seek out myself either 

I listen to Morgan Wallen these days but that's the extent of my country music listening. Used to be a big Aldean guy but he got overly political and turned into a total turd so, yeah. I listen to his older stuff but don't even bother with the new ****.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Listening to country music in my car is not something I'll ever do, but country music concerts are fun as hell.

I turn it on in my car when I'm heading north for hunting or fishing trips but otherwise don't either. 

7 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

One of the few genres and atmospheres that are really better in person live than in the finished album.

Reggae is absolute garbage on record.  And I will stand by that.  But a good, tight, reggae band? That is a good time.