Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

5 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I mean he mentions it in the opening post that it’s gunna happen. Single player drafts take waaaay too long. 

And I brought it up before the draft we should limit rounds instead of double picking 

7 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I mean the whole idea of this draft is building a 53 man roster. So that doesn’t make any sense lol 

Yea we can't have this be single pick forever otherwise we won't be done until mid-July if we're lucky.

I've done this draft 4-5 times and nobody has complained... the depth players aren't as significant and the gap in talent isn't that large at a certain point.

I myself am already at the point where I'm more than happy with 5-7 guys each pick. I think you'll find that window will get wider as you go too. 

To put it simply, we are doing two players per selection at some point. I agree with @CHOMP_CHOMP's suggestion of starting at round 30. Looking for any input from the group though. 

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Yea we can't have this be single pick forever otherwise we won't be done until mid-July if we're lucky.

I've done this draft 4-5 times and nobody has complained... the depth players aren't as significant and the gap in talent isn't that large at a certain point.

I myself am already at the point where I'm more than happy with 5-7 guys each pick. I think you'll find that window will get wider as you go too. 

To put it simply, we are doing two players per selection at some point. I agree with @CHOMP_CHOMP's suggestion of starting at round 30. Looking for any input from the group though. 

Seeing how we're including coaches and special teams I'd say 35-40 would be better 

I'm down with round 32-34. That gives us each about another 10 picks before the double rounds start. That's enough time imo. (Round 32 = Completed: 22 starters, 2 Special teams; 3 coaches, 4 key reserves) Obviously don't have to necessarily have them organized like that, but potentially thats what it would look like. 

• Like 1

Yea at what point do we skip? Like are we really waiting 12 hours again in the heart of the day on a weekday? @NickChowaniec I know we have time slots, but maybe implement a 4 hour time limit also. I mean I know I was one of the culprits, and I would have been fine with being skipped at that point. We can’t keep holding the draft up like this almost every other day. And I’m not saying anything against anyone, like I said, I took a long time to pick for one of my selections, but this is getting a little rough. 

3 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Yea at what point do we skip? Like are we really waiting 12 hours again in the heart of the day on a weekday? @NickChowaniec I know we have time slots, but maybe implement a 4 hour time limit also. I mean I know I was one of the culprits, and I would have been fine with being skipped at that point. We can’t keep holding the draft up like this almost every other day. And I’m not saying anything against anyone, like I said, I took a long time to pick for one of my selections, but this is getting a little rough. 

I was actually typing something up about after X amount of time we have to move along. I think it's time we do that. I'm going to set that limit at 5 hours. I'll adjust if needed. 

If anyone gets upset at being skipped after being MIA for several hours, at this point in the draft, they're taking this too seriously lol xD 

@CHOMP_CHOMP @Deadpulse @EaglesPeteC @Tyronnosaurus @grizmo78 @Ragnarok @jcrell623 @Blue @bcb1213 @TedLavie @festiveonion

While I have everyone tagged I'm also going to make the decision now to make the 2 players per slot selection begin at round 32.

All that said let's keep this moving, @jcrell623 you're OTC. Most importantly, I hope everything is alright with @Ragnarok ... he's been an efficient drafter to this point. 

• Like 2

I for one get that there’s life outside of FF. So if everyone is cool with days like this so am I. I personally enjoy the drafting and waiting for my pick.

My only concern is if people drop out if they get mad at waiting for picks. 

I’m excited that we still get like 40 more picks.

• Like 1

days like this are fine from me. the decision has been made and thats fine but knowing the expectation is that we are done with this by a certain time and thats because we have time slots thats cool, thats the expectation. If im waiting because we are so ahead it just means we were going so fast before. The wait overall evens out with timeslots but whatever. 

The only issue I have is sleep. 5 hours is all well and good but we need an offline time set as well then.