Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I could list positions and projected rounds according to Madden and we can choose what positions you want to add to your roster via draft.

Maybe just ask teams for a priority list? Post the overall changes/retirements and then give people a deadline for position priorities and just draft based on that. Probably the easiest on you while giving us some control

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Maybe just ask teams for a priority list? Post the overall changes/retirements and then give people a deadline for position priorities and just draft based on that. Probably the easiest on you while giving us some control

So the general offseason layout I was thinking was this. (I'm turning salary cap off)

1. Each team can choose 3 players whose contracts are up to keep.

2. Everyone else hits free agency. Each team puts in 5 bids for free agents.

3. Do the draft based off positional needs.

4. "Draft" all second wave free agents on here on reverse order of record to fill out roster. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So the general offseason layout I was thinking was this. (I'm turning salary cap off)

4. "Draft" all second wave free agents on here on reverse order of record to fill out roster. 

Is this literally a yearly thing or just as soon as you get done simming a year?

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think we should do the best we can to make rosters as stable throughout the process as possible. W no salary cap, free agent bids are really up to algorithmic chance and I don’t think people are drafting w contract term remaining in mind. 

Are we down for trades between GMs?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Just sim the draft.  No one in the rookie draft should be really used on these super stacked teams anyhow 

Year 1 and 2 you are probably right but the deeper you get into it, you will. 

We’ll try it this way for the first offseason. I have the 2021 draft class so that’ll be fun at least. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I'm a little skeptical of how it'll play out but down to try! At the very least it sounds interesting to give it a shot. 

Yeah this is my thought. We put in all this time, at the very least we’ll see what season 1 looks like and if it crashes and Burns, it crashes and Burns 

• Like 1