How do you see the TB/TB experiment going?

Hunter2_1

Anyone who thinks Brady will turn into a zombie in 2020 is nuts.

He looked bad in 2019 because we had the worst receiving corps in the league and now he will be playing with the best while wearing a gigantic chip on his shoulder.

He'll do well.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vorsutus said:

There have been much worse qbs than tanny to win a superbowl. 

With much better squads than the Titans currently have. Tennessee is a fun team to watch, but they don’t have the horses to compete and win championships. They have an anemic pass rush and a hole at QB. The two most important positions in football. 

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

With much better squads than the Titans currently have. Tennessee is a fun team to watch, but they don’t have the horses to compete and win championships. They have an anemic pass rush and a hole at QB. The two most important positions in football. 

If he played the whole season he was on pace for almost 4400 yards 35tds and 9picks. Was top 3 in all efficiency metrics all of this while having the highest ay/a in the nfl by over a yard and being on a team that runs it almost 50% of the time. If you do not think that is impressive you are delusional. I am sure he will regress some but he is not some garbage qb.

Even on terrible dolphins teams he was a decent qb till gase showed up and he got hurt 2 years in a row. He is even top 20 all time in completion percentage which shocked the crap out of me when I saw that.

17 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The case for 'corpse Brady'

Most NE fans admit there has been a clear (but not dramatic) regression in TB over the last year or so. In most metrics, he is climbing down. Perhaps the most alarming is his passer rating under pressure. When he was at or close to his peak, he actually excelled under pressure (for example posting a 96.6 passer rating vs pressure in 2017, led the league), but last season, he was noticeably suspect vs pressure and his rating dropped from top of the charts down to mediocre. It's a similar story for a lot of other stats too, like average intended air yards, TDs, Comp%. Are Tampa getting a shadow of his former self....

The case for a return to form

Last season was up there with the largest talent vaccum TB's had to work with. NE were joint 4th in drops, our top WR had comporable separation (as per NGS) average as Zach Pascal and Greg Olsen (and incidentally led the league in drops), he had two rookies that struggled to get on his page (one was injured half the season), no TE to speak of, Sanu also couldn't get on the same page (some of that is obviously TB's fault). Also according to NGS - he was also 27th in Time to Throw.

Now, he's throwing to Evans and Godwin, and if Gronk is even half of his former self, that's a huge upgrade too. 

So, how do you see this going? For me....I think somewhere in the middle....will be clearly better and more productive than last season, but not return to 2014-2017 form. Will do enough to secure a WC spot, is my prediction. 

mods; we had a Buccs poll, but that was team record related. I'm interested to see how people think Brady will be 

Brady didn’t really regress. He had the same stats as 2013 when he had bad receivers and there was no decline in his throwing. In fact I saw him throw better deep balls out of necessity more often than any point in his career. He was working with literally garbage. Early in when he had Gordon and Dorsett he was in early MVP talks for a few weeks 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

A Ryan Tannehill-led team is not winning the Super Bowl. 

I used to say the same thing about Joe Flacco's Ravens and Eli Manning's Giants, and was proven wrong. With effective weapons around them and a stiff defense, any decent QB stands a chance. (Obviously if they can get hot at the right time, that helps too)

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I think it will be interesting.  I don't think he'll obviously have the stats that Winston had and the biggest reason is because in the offense, there were always those big play potentials and Winston gambled on those more often than not.  Biggest reason for a 30 and 30 happening.  What Winston refused to do most often was hit the one intermediate route or safe check down because he wanted that big play too often.  Brady won't be like that, he'll take those big hits when it's set up because through out the game he took those short and intermediate routes.  People assume that Arian's calls plays like some 12 year old in Madden and runs 4 verticals all day.  If you go back and look through some of Winston's INT's you will most often find that there was a better option that would have gotten a first down instead of that 30-40 yard gain.  Arian's has come out recently and said that our 2 tight end set will be our base offense and I think Brady knows a little about that and I will find it hard for some teams to match up with Evans and Godwin outside and Gronk and Howard/Brate.

Completely agreed. Tom builds rapport with certain receivers who know where to sit, how to move for him etc. If the deep isn't there (he can still throw deep, he had plenty of deep accurate passes last season) then he has NO problem checking down. Even if it's a 10 play drive of check-downs, so be it...he's taking what you give him. Evans and co can open that up for him where Doresett, Edelman and Meyers/Harry couldn't.

7 hours ago, Jotun_Fan said:

I think they have as good a chance as any NFC team, I'd wager divisional or better.

Would most non pats fans be interested in a TB v. NE super bowl or more like "these guys AGAIN?"

I'm exactly the  demographic you didn't ask, but I know the answer - Not these guys again, and we'd have record numbers of 'I'm not watching this'. Would be such drama though...

So you think they have a good chance as a team, how do you think Brady will play?

12 hours ago, Jotun_Fan said:

I think they have as good a chance as any NFC team, I'd wager divisional or better.

Would most non pats fans be interested in a TB v. NE super bowl or more like "these guys AGAIN?"

I wouldn't mind that game, but I would not watch any of the media buildup to it. I'm burned out of Brady/bill media talk and that would be on full blast if those teams met lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wouldn't mind that game, but I would not watch any of the media buildup to it. I'm burned out of Brady/bill media talk and that would be on full blast if those teams met lol

It would be cringe AF. You can imagine the student vs master analogies can't you.

It's not going to happen, so no worries. 

• Like 1