How do you see the TB/TB experiment going?

Hunter2_1

The case for 'corpse Brady'

Most NE fans admit there has been a clear (but not dramatic) regression in TB over the last year or so. In most metrics, he is climbing down. Perhaps the most alarming is his passer rating under pressure. When he was at or close to his peak, he actually excelled under pressure (for example posting a 96.6 passer rating vs pressure in 2017, led the league), but last season, he was noticeably suspect vs pressure and his rating dropped from top of the charts down to mediocre. It's a similar story for a lot of other stats too, like average intended air yards, TDs, Comp%. Are Tampa getting a shadow of his former self....

The case for a return to form

Last season was up there with the largest talent vaccum TB's had to work with. NE were joint 4th in drops, our top WR had comporable separation (as per NGS) average as Zach Pascal and Greg Olsen (and incidentally led the league in drops), he had two rookies that struggled to get on his page (one was injured half the season), no TE to speak of, Sanu also couldn't get on the same page (some of that is obviously TB's fault). Also according to NGS - he was also 27th in Time to Throw.

Now, he's throwing to Evans and Godwin, and if Gronk is even half of his former self, that's a huge upgrade too. 

So, how do you see this going? For me....I think somewhere in the middle....will be clearly better and more productive than last season, but not return to 2014-2017 form. Will do enough to secure a WC spot, is my prediction. 

mods; we had a Buccs poll, but that was team record related. I'm interested to see how people think Brady will be 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

I thought Brady’s arm strength took a descent step back last year. Deep balls kind of floated on him. He didn’t seem to have that zip. Now he’s going to a vertical offense. I’m not expecting MVP Brady. But the talent at the skill positions allowed Winston to throw for 5K and 30 TDs. And Brady, even with his skills regressing, is still better than Winston. I see him playing well enough to lead Tampa to a playoff birth.

• Like 4

I can see it going down like favre and the Vikings

A deep playoff run in 2020, but things kinda fall apart next yr for Brady. Brady has enough gas in his tank for one more productive yr with those weapons, but father time will be here for a 44 yr old Brady.

• Like 5

I think we'll see a pretty good Brady for about the first half of the season, with a big fall off after.  His biggest problem won't be his arm strength, though that's a problem for him too.  It'll be the fact that he's not playing under Belichick.

Man it really depends on how the offense runs. At first glance, Arians and Brady is not a match I would've ever made. 

That being said, he had Palmer playing lights out for a few seasons. Palmer definitely had the better arm, Brady the intangibles. If the offense caters more to what Brady can do, I don't see why he couldn't have a relatively strong season, statistically speaking. 

I imagine somewhere in-between. Some solid games, some ugly games, double digit wins, and a playoff run. Tampa has the overall talent to do so with any decent QB, and Brady isn't mistake prone. 

I'll guess something like 3400 yds, 19 td, 9 int, with the probability ~5 tds are lost to the run game in the RZ. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

I think it will be interesting.  I don't think he'll obviously have the stats that Winston had and the biggest reason is because in the offense, there were always those big play potentials and Winston gambled on those more often than not.  Biggest reason for a 30 and 30 happening.  What Winston refused to do most often was hit the one intermediate route or safe check down because he wanted that big play too often.  Brady won't be like that, he'll take those big hits when it's set up because through out the game he took those short and intermediate routes.  People assume that Arian's calls plays like some 12 year old in Madden and runs 4 verticals all day.  If you go back and look through some of Winston's INT's you will most often find that there was a better option that would have gotten a first down instead of that 30-40 yard gain.  Arian's has come out recently and said that our 2 tight end set will be our base offense and I think Brady knows a little about that and I will find it hard for some teams to match up with Evans and Godwin outside and Gronk and Howard/Brate.

• Like 2

Crazy how many people think Arians stubbornly will not adapt to having a QB like Brady. The team is already talking about playing with more base 12 personnel which was essentially an afterthought for them much of last season (granted the 12 personnel talk actually worries me some because Brady could have a field day leaning on Chris Godwin as his Florida Edelman). 

I'm sure Brady had similar questions over the course of his decision making process and I'm near certain those conversations ended in "we're going to mold the offense around you". 

If he struggles, it won't be because of the system. It will be because that offensive line and RB group can't keep his jersey clean.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vorsutus said:

Tb makes it to the superbowl and loses to the titans and brady retires. Tennessee becomes the most popular team in the nfl over night for ending his patriots career and whole career. 

A Ryan Tannehill-led team is not winning the Super Bowl.