Browns General Discussion

candyman93

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wasn’t it @MSURacerDT55 floating the idea of turning him into a 3T?  He’d need to gain weight obv.

Might his best fit be as 5T?

I mean, Cam Heyward was a 5 tech at tOSU and progressed to a full time 4, 4i, 3 in an odd front. 

I think he can be a really good base end because of how physically he plays against the run but he could really cause havoc inside because of his athleticism and most importantly length, he could be a forced fumble machine.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Special teams is going to be sooooo much better with Ventrone

We signed Matthew Adams today too

Odum, Dulin, and Glasgow were coached by Ventrone for some perspective 

I’m glad they are finally investing in ST. I’m assuming ray told them he needed improvements on that side of the ball if he was gonna take the job. You can’t just rely on rookies and bottom of the roster scrubs to build a special teams unit. You need guys who specialize at specific positions on special team. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m glad they are finally investing in ST. I’m assuming ray told them he needed improvements on that side of the ball if he was gonna take the job. You can’t just rely on rookies and bottom of the roster scrubs to build a special teams unit. You need guys who specialize at specific positions on special team. 

He needs to have a talk with our punter on how he positions and holds the ball for our kicker. I think he was a big reason why York missed the kicks he did.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

An elite player is an elite player regardless of position.  

If a guy is on every punt, every punt return, every kickoff, every kick return, every FG/PAT attempt, etc. that adds up to a decent number of snaps.  

Give me a guy or two who can be a difference maker.  

46 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He needs to have a talk with our punter on how he positions and holds the ball for our kicker. I think he was a big reason why York missed the kicks he did.

I just want him to send York down to the stadium during the summer and have him work on kicking there. Is that too much to ask for? We don’t play in berea so what’s the point in practicing there. Learn the wind in the stadium. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just want him to send York down to the stadium during the summer and have him work on kicking there. Is that too much to ask for? We don’t play in berea so what’s the point in practicing there. Learn the wind in the stadium. 

Would you stop with this?  He WAS down at the stadium kicking during the summer. Grossi was bitching and moaning all summer of why he wasn’t in Berea during training camp. 

32 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Would you stop with this?  He WAS down at the stadium kicking during the summer. Grossi was bitching and moaning all summer of why he wasn’t in Berea during training camp. 

He was down at the stadium a few times here and there. And as soon as there was rain he was out. He needs to be out in that. 

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He was down at the stadium a few times here and there. And as soon as there was rain he was out. He needs to be out in that. 

I heard straight from his mouth he and the punter made sure they practiced down there in bad conditions.