Browns General Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Togiai just needs to keep getting bigger and he’ll fit in at NT.

I actually would let Billings eat up those blockers and let Togiai go to work on guards, I think he has upside as a playmaking 3 tech. He already is naturally an elite run stopper who is developing other aspects of his game. 

It’s nice not having to talk about a QB battle or how talent depleted the roster is.

.....but it’s kinda boring.

I’m keeping an eye on how Clowney and JOK are doing.

The offense should be just like last year, even better.

Edited by candyman93

Johnny Dixon was brought in (who will clearly get cut IMO), just furthering the notion that the Browns are REALLY going to use Schwartz as the burner guy sooner rather than later, and IMO, it likely shows that's something Stefanski is going to really value in this offense as a main staple.

I love everything about his scheme, but it was apparent last year that we lacked this element and that REALLY hurt us against KC and Baltimore. Higgins can't separate from good man coverage, Landry operates best out of the slot, and the lack of that threat meant that teams with good LB and/or S play matched up very well against us.

This element alone will actually open up that intermediate downfield passing game, which is our bread and butter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I love everything about his scheme, but it was apparent last year that we lacked this element and that REALLY hurt us against KC and Baltimore. Higgins can't separate from good man coverage, Landry operates best out of the slot, and the lack of that threat meant that teams with good LB and/or S play matched up very well against us.

Njoku does well against Man Coverage. It’s why he actually shows up against Baltimore and Kansas City.

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Njoku does well against Man Coverage. It’s why he actually shows up against Baltimore and Kansas City.

He's got a nice advantage in the slot against LB and S, and in the Red Zone against CB, but from the 20 to the 20, he's basically "worthless" on the outside in this capacity (vertical threat). :) 

Just read this rather sobering piece about the likelihood of Delphin and Williams returning healthy and even helping much less playing at full strength any time soon.

Think the hype about our secondary needs to come down a notch or two.

Good thing that we got Newsome and LeCounte.

Might need another one if Green isn't much to write home about.

Oops, forgot the link.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/05/15/cleveland-browns-greedy-williams-grant-delpit-injuries/

Edited by bruceb
add link

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Just read this rather sobering piece about the likelihood of Delphin and Williams returning healthy and even helping much less playing at full strength any time soon.

Oops, forgot the link.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/05/15/cleveland-browns-greedy-williams-grant-delpit-injuries/

I think for most people, anything you get from Williams is a bonus, because he is not really factored into being a contributor. He hasn’t been healthy for us much at all, and when he has been out there, he really wasn’t that special as a rookie. For Grant Delphin, I would be cool with him just getting his feet wet this year and being out there half the time if he is healthy enough. We have added some depth in the secondary this year, at least compared to last year. He has the ability to be a really good player if he is able to get back to fully healthy, hopefully nothing gets screwed up with any setbacks. All that to say, I agree, I don’t think we are looking at the best secondary in the league this year, but with as bad as it was last year, even if you get nothing out of those two guys, an upgrade is inevitable back there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think for most people, anything you get from Williams is a bonus, because he is not really factored into being a contributor. He hasn’t been healthy for us much at all, and when he has been out there, he really wasn’t that special as a rookie. For Grant Delphin, I would be cool with him just getting his feet wet this year and being out there half the time if he is healthy enough. We have added some depth in the secondary this year, at least compared to last year. He has the ability to be a really good player if he is able to get back to fully healthy, hopefully nothing gets screwed up with any setbacks. All that to say, I agree, I don’t think we are looking at the best secondary in the league this year, but with as bad as it was last year, even if you get nothing out of those two guys, an upgrade is inevitable back there.

Not trying to call you out Nate, because I see it from a bunch of posters on the forum, but I've been wondering for a while: Is there a reason so many people call Grant DelPIT Grant DelPHIN? Is this some inside joke I'm not aware of?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kayelcio said:

Not trying to call you out Nate, because I see it from a bunch of posters on the forum, but I've been wondering for a while: Is there a reason so many people call Grant DelPIT Grant DelPHIN? Is this some inside joke I'm not aware of?

composition-stone-dolphin_28011_pic3_siz

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Oops, forgot the link.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

😠😡😤

John Johnson, my dudes. And the signing of his Rams buddy. We're good in the secondary.

• Like 2