Browns General Discussion

candyman93

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to turn this into a Baker / Deshaun thread.

However, I’ll be curious to see what’s more valued: Roll over cap or a draft pick. I’m not a GM, but I’d want the draft pick. So eat 14 mil or higher to get a better draft pick.

Depends on the draft pick. I’d rather have the rollover since we have so many big time contracts starting up next year. All those small cap hits this year on big time contracts like Watson,cooper,teller,bitino,njoku Garrett,Chubb,John Johnson are getting a huge raise. We need money not a late round pick. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

However, I’ll be curious to see what’s more valued: Roll over cap or a draft pick. I’m not a GM, but I’d want the draft pick. So eat 14 mil or higher to get a better draft pick.

They will want the .money to keep or sign key free agents

55 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Since the pick is likely to be a mid rounder at best it would seem, I’d rather have the cap space.  

Gimme a conditional pick and take the whole salary.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let me rephrase,

What if you have to do a Brock Osweiller trade? Would you do it?

For a late round pick maybe, if they took the full salary and it happened now.

If it’s not now, someone will likely get hurt and a market will arise. 

I wouldn’t attach a high round pick, no.

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A 2nd would be too much. 

I agree

That 2nd rounder could be a starter or more mid round draft capital.

It’s kinda obvious at this point that we’re straight copying the Rams off-season strategy. They haven’t picked in the first round since 2016. They use the draft to fill out depth.

Taylor is fantastic but I would not have him ahead of Chubb. I’d have them even probably. Same ypc average, I think the reps last year were the difference in stats. I’m a fan though and Chubb is my guy so maybe I’m biased. I’m okay with Henry as RB1 though.

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Taylor is fantastic but I would not have him ahead of Chubb. I’d have them even probably. Same ypc average, I think the reps last year were the difference in stats. I’m a fan though and Chubb is my guy so maybe I’m biased. I’m okay with Henry as RB1 though.

It’s basically a 3 way tie for best in the league at the moment. I wouldn’t have an issue with a combination of any of those 3 in the top 3.