Browns General Discussion

candyman93

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, I think it's pretty much a lock that all those guys make it. Felton will get one more year and will get cut next year if he doesn't show anything. I think he'll show enough, though, to be in the Browns's future plans.

I think the fact they moved him to RB exclusively can’t be a good thing for his chances of making the roster.

They clearly didn’t think much of his running skills last year as he was primarily a WR.  Even when Chunt were hurt, Johnson just became the a workhorse, there was division of labor.

I think Felton needs a superhero performance in TC to make the roster. I’d imagine he’s headed for the PS personally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the fact they moved him to RB exclusively can’t be a good thing for his chances of making the roster.

They clearly didn’t think much of his running skills last year as he was primarily a WR.  Even when Chunt were hurt, Johnson just became the a workhorse, there was division of labor.

I think Felton needs a superhero performance in TC to make the roster. I’d imagine he’s headed for the PS personally.

I think whether he is listed as a running back or a wide receiver, he would be used the same in the NFL. A gadget/hybrid player. I wouldn’t put too much stock into what position is listed as for him. He is never going to be a true receiver and I’m not sure he was ever drafted to be that. I agree though, I think he is a practice squad guy. Unless he looks really good in training camp and the coaching staff just sees him as an x-factor type guy where they see a role for him in the offense.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I think whether he is listed as a running back or a wide receiver, he would be used the same in the NFL. A gadget/hybrid player. I wouldn’t put too much stock into what position is listed as for him. He is never going to be a true receiver and I’m not sure he was ever drafted to be that. I agree though, I think he is a practice squad guy. Unless he looks really good in training camp and the coaching staff just sees him as an x-factor type guy where they see a role for him in the offense.

My point is more that when he was drafted they clearly had a plan for him and it wasn’t really as a RB.  He was listed as a WR, practiced there, and when he played it was at WR.

The position change doesn’t impact how he’s used, true, but it does kind of indicate that he’s failed in the role they originally envisioned for him and are now transitioning him to arguably the most stacked RB room in the league.

He’s got an uphill battle ahead of him.

I guess this may make me seem heartless, but as a Browns fan I’m actually encouraged by the likelihood of Felton not making a roster as opposed to talking myself into yet another 6th/7th/UDFA miraculously rescuing this team.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess this may make me seem heartless, but as a Browns fan I’m actually encouraged by the likelihood of Felton not making a roster as opposed to talking myself into yet another 6th/7th/UDFA miraculously rescuing this team.

No, I get your point. Day 3 picks shouldn’t be roster locks.  It should be an uphill battle.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

😠😡😤

Felton is the FUTURE

Spoiler

RB5/WR7

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Julian Edelman.

Duke Johnson at best 

More like Tavon Austin. Now he could also be what Austin was supposed to be but he is that size and more of a hybrid player that not every offense has a role for. We certainly didn't need him as a RB and we had receivers complaining about not getting enough targets so that wouldn't be ideal for him either.

He is probably best served somewhere that will use him. Probably isn't Cleveland. Don't want to see him land in the division though. He can house a ball.

I think where I disagree with some of you guys is when it comes to depth players.

I want guys who are deep on the depth chart to just serve as role players. I don’t have any expectations that they will develop into starters one day.

Using the NBA as a comparison, do you expect your 7th or 8th man to develop and become better than a Garland or Mobley? No and that shouldn’t be the expectation. It’s a 53 man roster, you need role players.

Let’s say Watson is suspended the entire season. Can we still win 8-9 games with Brissett?

For us to make the playoffs the defense needs to play at an elite level and we need DPJ to step up and be a 800+ yard receiver along with Cooper.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 7:26 PM, candyman93 said:

Let’s say Watson is suspended the entire season. Can we still win 8-9 games with Brissett?

For us to make the playoffs the defense needs to play at an elite level and we need DPJ to step up and be a 800+ yard receiver along with Cooper.

If Watson is suspended the whole year I hope they get Jimmy G.

Brissett is cool, but he’s a backup.  Jimmy has at least proven he can get a team to the playoffs and win some games there too.