Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Bakers wants are irrelevant 

Like every situation, the other players are watching.  How you treat players is likely not going to be an irrelevant point when it comes time to try to resign guys or attract other FAs.

If they can accommodate his preference, that’s a good thing for everyone.  

Baker’s wants are a completely secondary priority. 
And while owners, GM’s, and other fans/media hate Cleveland right now (probably rightfully to some extent), players might actually like the Browns more than we think.

If you’re a good/great player, you get extended (Chubb, Teller). If you’re a great player, you get top money at your position in the league (Myles, Ward, Watson), and a lot of these dudes have gotten paid up front and guaranteed cash now. Players like that.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like every situation, the other players are watching.  How you treat players is likely not going to be an irrelevant point when it comes time to try to resign guys or attract other FAs.

If they can accommodate his preference, that’s a good thing for everyone.  

I think we’re well past that point with baker. I’m sure he’d be happy to go to any team that would take him. Because any team that would take him would be giving him an opportunity to start. You don’t see any teams with real qbs trying to bring him in to be a backup. 

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think we’re well past that point with baker. I’m sure he’d be happy to go to any team that would take him. Because any team that would take him would be giving him an opportunity to start. You don’t see any teams with real qbs trying to bring him in to be a backup. 

He seemed happy to come to Cleveland and we were easily the worst team in the league so yeah, probably.

I don't think it matters much. It's just one season anyway.

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well as of now I’m not seeing any teams trying to bring him in at all.

It’s just a waiting game at this point for someone to get hurt imo.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

He seemed happy to come to Cleveland and we were easily the worst team in the league so yeah, probably.

I don't think it matters much. It's just one season anyway.

Eh, I’d love to know what players really think in draft day. I’m sure they like the idea and prestige of going number 1, but is that really where you want to play?

I wonder how many players really have strong preferences and work to avoid certain places, even if it’s just discretely.  

Not saying Baker did or didn’t want to play here, but it’s just interesting to wonder if the guys in that draft class all looked at Allen and Jackson as players who sort of lucked out while Allen and Jackson perhaps felt like they dodged some bullets.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I’d love to know what players really think in draft day. I’m sure they like the idea and prestige of going number 1, but is that really where you want to play?

I wonder how many players really have strong preferences and work to avoid certain places, even if it’s just discretely.  

Not saying Baker did or didn’t want to play here, but it’s just interesting to wonder if the guys in that draft class all looked at Allen and Jackson as players who sort of lucked out while Allen and Jackson perhaps felt like they dodged some bullets.

Oh I'm sure. Top picks sometimes make it known Eli/Bernie/Elway etc.. but for the most part you can only guess by their answers. "I'm just happy to be in the NFL and get a chance to play" type of answer.

Odds are they all have a favorite team and that would be their greatest wish. Odds are there is a team that they really don't like also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Retractable roof or straight up dome?

Not sure, but the Haskins do want it to be usable all year round.

Hope to God boomers don’t poo-poo a retractable roof. You’re about to pay a billion dollars, get your moneys worth out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I’m really interested to see what they end up doing.

1. Build a retractable roof. Let the city actually benefit from the stadium. 

2. Do something with the lakefront.

This is all I’m asking for.